The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 12:17:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: up and down  (Read 2119 times)
bungalow
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: May 12, 2015, 17:46:35 »

hi ppl,

does anybody have knowledge in spirituality re: the ascensing and descending of consciousness up and down the energy centers. as an example I noticed earlier today that my spiritual mode was happening mainly in the base chakra with the sacral center still the focus, like I was descending. it is as though scientifically or what have you, you can go up and down, with spirit or spiritual consciousness. is this called being kundalini at all? do you exist on different planes at different times? I have since then risen to my eye center and have eaten my ego again (not the point but that's how my spirituality lives). it is obviously quite an advanced topic if it exists - is there a way to say one is doing work here or evolving? I haven't heard of this before. hoping someone with advanced knowledge might shed some light on this topic.

gratis,
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 22:42:58 »

I would suggest reading "Wheels of Life" by Anodea Judith. In it, she discusses at length about the movement between energy centers (e.g., chakras). She also addresses other important topics, such as grounding and kundalini. The specific reason that I am suggesting this book and author is that Judith has spent her life educating and assisting people with their chakras. She is expert. There is a lot (A LOT) of poor information out there about the chakras and energy centers, but reading Judith can give you a strong base (of knowledge and experience) for working with your energy centers.

In regards to micro/macro cosmic orbiting (which has become a very popular method in both chakra and energy meridian work), I would note that it is only one method or technique. There are other very important methods, and that is why I have suggested reading Judith's book first. I regularly use orbiting myself, but I emphasize that there are other techniques (e.g., using colors, white light meditations) which are VERY effective (from my daily experience). I have also found that grounding yourself is KEY, when working at healing the chakras.

In regards to Kundalini, based on what you have described here, it does not sound like you are experiencing a classical kundalini. Kundalini (often termed 'serpent energy' because of an author named Arthur Avalon from nearly 100 years ago who introduced this topic to western culture), is generally defined as a dormant energy wrapped around the first chakra (e.g., like a coiled snake). This dormant energy can become activated and unwrap itself (usually upward) 3 and 1/2 times around the primary energy centers (chakras). Based on this 'classical' definition, it does not appear you are experiencing kundalini at this time. A kundalini experience (using the definition above) is usually VERY OBVIOUS because of the intensity and eventfulness of the energy surge.

Finally, thanks for sharing your question (and experience). Our bodies (both physical and etheric) are VERY important to take care of. It is a crucial personal responsibility. I wish you the best with your process.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 20:02:23 by Subtle Traveler » Logged

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 22:42:58 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Trepkos
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 13:18:39 »

The "up and down" movement of consciousness (energy) are two techniques also known as the microcosmic orbit and de macrocosmic orbit. The latter is when you "imagine and feel" prana (or whatever you may call it) flowing from your feet to your head, then outwards in a curve back to your feet and then back up. The former is just the other way around. What you accomplish by the microcosmic orbit is "grounding". In an advanced setting the microcosmic orbit shows you your own thoughts and emotions plus all things physical. The macrocosmic orbit in an advanced setting shows you the thoughts and emotions of those you are connected with in a community (in which you resonate at that moment). Both exercises also clean your energybody and astral projection is a by-product, like a bonus.

Please keep in mind that it is not my intention to prescribe you an aspect of a belief system. I only share my experiences with you. Although it is a fact that the facts described above were infused with energy by practitioners of those exercises, it may be possible that the thoughtforms have acquired an independent existence.
floriferous
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 17:37:38 »

We don't really have much on Kundalini rising here. I would suggest going on over to the Astral Dynamics forums as they have dedicated Kundalini subforums which will be more helpful

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/forumdisplay.php?25-Kundalini-and-the-Serpent-of-Fire
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 17:46:47 by floriferous » Logged
bungalow
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:47:47 »

the kundalini does surge quite strongly but I have observed this "centering" in whichever chakra is not as intense as that.
I read somewhere a long time ago that a master can settle for life in his/her 2nd center when they are about done and maybe that's what's happened. the spirit consciousness just jumped to 5th chakra then. perhaps it is just a multidimensional way of observing that my being is expressing itself - ie my intent is to communicate here - sooner than a practice or process but i'll keep looking into it. thanks for the replies.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:47:47 »

Bluefirephoenix
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 13:16:53 »

hi ppl,

does anybody have knowledge in spirituality re: the ascensing and descending of consciousness up and down the energy centers. as an example I noticed earlier today that my spiritual mode was happening mainly in the base chakra with the sacral center still the focus, like I was descending. it is as though scientifically or what have you, you can go up and down, with spirit or spiritual consciousness. is this called being kundalini at all?

The experience of kundalini awakening is very individual. There is nothing scientific about it. Science has not developed to the point of being able to detect a higher consciousness much less measure anything related to it.  The primary sense of the experience is one of overwhelming divine love. For me there were energy sensations, but the orientation changed quite a bit as I went through the more acute stage of the experience. It felt downward and then up then out. There was no stable physical orientation. What happens is that your turn your mind to the higher consciouness and become aware of the unity of that presence with your consciousness. It's best not to focus on the physical sensations as they are not a good gage for assessing your awareness. Instead focus on divine love and unity and that will get you where you need to go.

do you exist on different planes at different times? I have since then risen to my eye center and have eaten my ego again (not the point but that's how my spirituality lives). it is obviously quite an advanced topic if it exists - is there a way to say one is doing work here or evolving? I haven't heard of this before. hoping someone with advanced knowledge might shed some light on this topic.

I'm not sure that the planes are as separate as you imagine them to be. When you get more advanced the lines blur and it's not much different than looking out a window into your garden. You are not changing, just noticing and becoming aware of what is already there. It's a subtle thing and hard to see unless your quiet and focused. Once your aware of it then you can decide for yourself what the mystery is. It's hard to explain in word but you'll see what I mean when you get there. I think the best way to describe it is that as you advance you see separation in general as being less and unity as being more. Very subtle more like an ambient undertone and nothing like imagination. God runs through and in this whole.... thing that we are and that Spirit is. It's more of a feel and touch than blazing lights. If your getting that I would suspect imagination is creeping into the perception.  It's a quiet and gentle thing.

Your focus is on your body get away from that and then you can move on to better things. Focus on God on the divine and you'll start to move out of shadow

bungalow
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 14:03:41 »

Please keep in mind that it is not my intention to prescribe you an aspect of a belief system. I only share my experiences with you. Although it is a fact that the facts described above were infused with energy by practitioners of those exercises, it may be possible that the thoughtforms have acquired an independent existence.

hello,

trepkos: did you actually charge your post with energy? I was in meditation earlier and I noticed a new energy which I would guess is yourself.. hmm. anyway if you did nice meeting you.

The experience of kundalini awakening is very individual. There is nothing scientific about it. Science has not developed to the point of being able to detect a higher consciousness much less measure anything related to it.  The primary sense of the experience is one of overwhelming divine love. For me there were energy sensations, but the orientation changed quite a bit as I went through the more acute stage of the experience. It felt downward and then up then out. There was no stable physical orientation. What happens is that your turn your mind to the higher consciouness and become aware of the unity of that presence with your consciousness. It's best not to focus on the physical sensations as they are not a good gage for assessing your awareness. Instead focus on divine love and unity and that will get you where you need to go.

[...]

I'm not sure that the planes are as separate as you imagine them to be. When you get more advanced the lines blur and it's not much different than looking out a window into your garden. You are not changing, just noticing and becoming aware of what is already there. It's a subtle thing and hard to see unless your quiet and focused. Once your aware of it then you can decide for yourself what the mystery is. It's hard to explain in word but you'll see what I mean when you get there. I think the best way to describe it is that as you advance you see separation in general as being less and unity as being more. Very subtle more like an ambient undertone and nothing like imagination. God runs through and in this whole.... thing that we are and that Spirit is. It's more of a feel and touch than blazing lights. If your getting that I would suspect imagination is creeping into the perception.  It's a quiet and gentle thing.

Your focus is on your body get away from that and then you can move on to better things. Focus on God on the divine and you'll start to move out of shadow

no kidding I thought quantum physics had figured out everything about spirituality. divine is certainly the right path for me to take if I am to try carry forward with spirituality. I don't know if this can make sense but I'm at the beginning of a 3rd birth on this plane with a new lesson (ego) to master. the first two journeys (judgement and will) I got thru soundly but the second was quite rough - it's in the past though, time to move on.

I may have misread the experience when I first posted enthusiastic though I was - evidently being centered in the sacral center is how I am sound. if I was just to live in my heart right now I would be a bit of a fool. I do see my focus changing to other centers even as I am typing this but it might not be so 'up and down' as I originally pictured it. based on previous experience i would say there is an up/down and down/up evolution but there are two phenomena.. up/down might've just been how i got to here (the sacral orientation).

what are the spiritual folk doing nowadays? I've isolated myself and have been doing little other than meditate since christmas 2012.. the world ended :/ for me. it appears i can bring it back (forward)  if i want but that's gotta involve hope. can you suggest what you mean by a divine path? I've travelled with the angels but they got very hostile and ended up behaving like children. shame because that was a lot of fun.

i have some experience with astral projection, i even saw an island out in the sea at one point (API?) but i don't really have a passion for it right now. maybe that will come..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 14:07:04 by bungalow » Logged
Trepkos
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 19:02:30 »

trepkos: did you actually charge your post with energy? I was in meditation earlier and I noticed a new energy which I would guess is yourself.. hmm. anyway if you did nice meeting you.

If you meditated after you read my post, then you got that impression because i said "the facts described above were infused with energy by practitioners of those exercises" and you thought subconsciously that i am a practitioner and that i infused the post, but i meant practitioners of those exercises that have infused the thoughtform "microcosmic and macrocosmic orbits". If you meditated before you read my post, then congratulations, you are a clairvoyant, because i am new to this forum and you sensed energy. But even if you read my post after you meditated, you nevertheless sensed that i'm new.

And if you think something like: "there is no before and after", like "time is an illusion and stuff" then you meditate pretty well. Anyway, nice to meet you too.

Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 20:20:08 »

hi Bungalow:

I generally agree with BlueFirePhoenix when she points out, "Your focus is on your body get away from that and then you can move on to better things. Focus on God on the divine and you'll start to move out of shadow".

Peace to you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:17:52 by Subtle Traveler » Logged

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...
bungalow
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 13:23:16 »

I have done a bit of exploring on this subject and found:

going without coffee and drinking tea instead made me experience my orientation at the base center then up above my head then back down... I have decided to use the term "primal force" for this. also I was meditating yesterday in my crown, I switched from nirvana to samadhi (careful pls not for the faint hearted) next my eye then down to my heart and a downward force (I call it the "primordial force") surged through me... that energy is on its way back up it just left my base center and is in the sacral center.

so I have answered my own question
- up then down, primal force: is will, done right
- down then up, primordial force: is judgement, done right

both should be attempted alone, because the power of the kundalini (I may presume) energy doesn't make for otherness very easily. i think both forces play a role in evolution, god and goddess' evolution maybe, aka the shifting of ages. !
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: