The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2019, 08:09:19

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *PLEASE READ THIS * NEED YOUR OPINIONS*  (Read 24413 times)
Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2003, 21:53:56 »

quote:
Originally posted by goingslow

why is everyone coddling spirit girl so much
dont yell at ME, i didnt ask to be 'coddled'.

What is amazing to me is everyone keeps answering her even though she doesnt appreciate one single reply and even insults for not giving the right one.
uh huh. and tell me, are you sure I have never apologised or said thank you? thank you so much for pointing out the fact that I happen to actually care what I believe in, and please, do quote me on any insults that i haven't apologised profusely for, and I will apologise to whoever they were directed at. or maybe you could let people treat me the way they want to, and ill let you insult me or lecture me or whatever the heck your trying to do. Im sure that if you were worried about your meaningless life, you wouldnt be thinking about being polite every single moment? 'how does it matter if im polite? we'll all die anyway!' thats basically how i felt at that time. i apologised for it, i think i even warned you about it, and basically thats all i can do, since basically my life is meaningless anyway. its not my fault if i dont buy into other's beliefs, but i just tell people why. if someone told me that they didnt believe what i did, id kinda want to know why. and if not, i just wouldn't listen. I have said that I appreciate these responses, I have said thanks, but if all you see is my 'not appreciating one single reply' then seeing my thank yous, then i cant help that.

But im so proud of you spirit gurl for reading it youre doing good..
why, thank you! and Im proud of you for looking at my situation here and trying to understand! oh, and I also thank you for realizing that i only posted all this to get sympathy! I was wondering when someone would notice that i was making all the problems in my life bigger than they are! thank you for noticing that i have never once said thank you! thank you for telling me everything i needed to hear! I think I'll go somewhere else where I can have mood swings and not be yelled at for having them. that's what you want, goingslow and mj-12, isn't it? oh yes, I forgot, you two are always polite.... I forgot.

Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2003, 21:57:05 »

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit_Gurl

thank you lots for your replies on this. I might get emmotional sometimes, but i try to be as fair as possible, and i will seriously think about each and every one of your beliefs, as long as it has nothing to do with karma because i don't think karma exists.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2003, 21:57:05 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2003, 21:58:52 »

quote:

Insert

sorry if that sounded rude.

~*~thanks a bunch~*~

Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2003, 22:00:45 »

quote:

thanks for taking the time to reply...

Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2003, 22:06:58 »

quote:

thanks for replying

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2003, 22:06:58 »

Spirit_Gurl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2003, 22:11:48 »

as you can see.....

I havened altered those quotes, except the first one where i underlined what was the most important part. I know, i know, youll probably quote me on everything 'insulting' i said too, but at least you can't say i never apologised or showed gratitude.
goingslow
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2003, 03:06:17 »

I actually appreciate your response and the honesty in it (not coddling there or patronizing).  What I was refering to more was the times you did get upset and people would answer "you're so smart spirit girl for your age you are asking wonderful questions".  I didnt get why they were doing that type of coddling.  

I think you have the right to be "bratty" or get upset and rude.  But if you see what I started the paragraph by saying I didnt get why people coddled you so much.  To me its condescending.. It might also be because of the work I do where I tell a person even a kid they are annoying me instead of smiling and being so "you're so good.. look at you".  

No I wont put your posts up there that really wasn't my point in the first place.  I have to admit I like when people here act more human instead of so "above it all" and smiling and nodding even after they're insulted.  But maybe thats what being enlightened does to you.. A person smiles and nods etc..

take care.
James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2003, 02:26:38 »

quote:
But maybe thats what being enlightened does to you.. A person smiles and nods etc..

Now I understand it!!!!!

Enlightenment = stoned out of your skull!!

Mmmmmmm....Enlightenment

[Smiley]
James.

goingslow
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2003, 21:17:30 »

quote:
Originally posted by James S

quote:
But maybe thats what being enlightened does to you.. A person smiles and nods etc..

Now I understand it!!!!!

Enlightenment = stoned out of your skull!!

Mmmmmmm....Enlightenment

[Smiley]
James.

I should have added something about munchies too.
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2003, 00:03:18 »

lol..

*smile* *nod* *cram face full of snacks* ... *puff again*

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2003, 02:24:12 »

Munchies gets as BIG smile & nod!!!

Enlightenment Option 2:

Journey to the Himalayas, sit on some mountain top with a tibetan monk. Wait for the oxygen deprivation to hit the brain....
Smile & nod. Not a clue what the bugger is saying to you coz your seeing purple Yaks with butterfly wings floating past.

aJsme.

James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2003, 02:29:05 »

Oops...sorry Spirit_gurl.
Going off the topic a bit here, but *long drag & hold it in for a bit* thats cool, no worries.

[Smiley]
James.

Nay
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2003, 02:47:13 »

Ok, here goes nothing.....

I was born. My parents hated each other, had physical fights in front of us allllll the time...(watched my Mom try and choke my Dad one day..that was fun) did I mention my Mother was a raging Alcholic?
Finally one day Mom decided that my Dad's best friend would make a good husband.  Of course she had nooo idea he would want to touch and fondle her youngest daughter.  Oh, did I mention the Step-Dad was also a great drinker and decided to strip down to his underware and run up the neighborhood street for all to see? Lets see, that night ended with him having convulsions on the living room floor due to Alcohol posioning..pretty harsh stuff for a SEVEN year old to see.
What happened to my real Dad you ask?  Well he decided to marry some lady whom I never met until I came over one weekend to visit and he made the announcement..."oh, by the way, this is your new Mom" That was the only day she was "nice".. At the age of eight and a half I was cooking and cleaning..Real Dad was a truck driver, and in those days they were gone for DAYS.....I was continually woke up in the middle of the night to clean up after the dog, but instead of cleaning the one spot, I had to shampoo the whole carpet..Can't remember how many times I was woke up laying on the heater vent cause I was cold during the night...And I can't recall how many times she locked me out of the house and I couldn't get in after coming home from school, even after the time I got my butt kicked by some chick 5yrs older than me..there I was, bleeding and banging on the door...(I found out years later by my sister that she wouldn't let anyone open the door, to let me in)
I could go on and on....and I think I will, cause Spirit-gurl has...
OH..Oh..oh...oh.. did I mention the same step mother KILLED herself in MY bedroom?...yep..she left a note and everything, saying she hated me and all was my fault...(of course my father did not show me the letter at the age of 9, he waited a couple of years) Coodoes for him!! (If you can't tell I have now gone into Sarcastic mode.)

Fast forward 6yrs only to save your and my time.

Age 15.  Still fighting off the Step-Father grab sessions..Not to mention, taking care of my drunk as hell mother and going to school at the same time...When I say taking care of my drunk mother, I mean making sure she doesn't fall down the stairs or out of bed, or off the toilet for that matter...Here's a hint..Alcoholics don't just drink for one day...she was out for days.  I couldn't bring friends over and especially BOYFRIENDS, cause she would sleep with them..you got it...sleep with them..found that out later too, guess they had to get it some where, cause they weren't getting it from me.!

Fast foward to age 18 once again to save time.

Thought...ok, will marry to get out of bad family..oops..bad idea...indured ANOTHER 10yrs of hell.....just a different hell.
physical at first, then mental..my God, I have no idea which was worse.. Infact that is how I got into AP..I had to find a escape, and that was my answer.

FINALLY..

Prayed to God and said...I know I am stuck in this terrible marriage, and I will endure it, but please give me SOME happiness to be able to go foward with my life...Know what happened? of course you don't..you probable stopped reading this damn post 5min ago, but I met the man of my dreams..my Knight In Shining White Armor.. We now have been together for going on eight years.!! And he has done nothing but tell me how wonderful I am.  For Twenty-Eight years I had nothing but despair..Now, nothing but good times..

What is the point of this most private post?..Hell, I even forget, but I know I want some of that "coddling" that Spirit-gurl is getting..
Ok, no I don't..I want Spirit-gurl to realize that her "life" can't be that bad.. and PLEASE start living, and stop wondering all the time...Stop being soooo negative. Take people's advice (that was asked for) and take it how you will, but geez...stop being so rude when they post the wrong answers...
I have several post, but I don't get half the response's you do...hint of jealousy? perhaps.
As I said in another post to you...Go into acting, you will make a killing!

Well, I am shaking a little right now, But DAMN-IT, Life is GOOD!!
And who the hell am I to question what goes on in it..Just go with it.
[8D] Nay.
Nay
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2003, 01:26:30 »

Geezzzz...no sarcastic remark?...Now I am hurt.

I guess deep down I do want to be coddled..[Cool]

[Wink] Nay.
Ides315
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2003, 13:26:21 »

Hello all. Very interesting.

After looking through this thread i wonder if a little ego work is appropriate. Do not take that statement as a slam to anyone. When trying to understand the "whole picture" our own egos try and block us. It is a bit deflating and scary to think that we ARE responsible for our actions, and effect others by our choices. Try (even though you admitted you are lazy) to read "The power of Now" (E. Tolle). You have quite a while to sort through things, and are asking great questions for your age.

Spirit_Gurl: look how simple decisions on your part have a ripple effect with everything. A small choice can have major impacts. If you are truly happy then your choices will tend to be positive, typically with positve outcomes for you and others. My personal advice would be to not believe or disbelieve anything you cannot prove either way. Read Robert's catch basket concept and apply as it fits your own quest for answers.

Best to you.
neg removal5
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2003, 20:12:47 »

Hi Spirit Gurl

I can tell you where your answer lies.  I don't mean to sound like the Matrix or anything, but you need to go to the Source.  The questions you are asking can be answered but can be better answered if you first answer these questions?

Where did God come from?

Why did God choose to create us?

Did God create other types of entities besides us?

Where are these entities homes, and are some created in a        
     permanent type home while others may have two or more homes  
     because of the transitional aspect of their created nature?

Let's make this a discussion forum for these questions, and to find the answers that you and all of us are looking for.  Let's address the four questions above one by one.

Question No. 1:     God's existence I believe only has two possibilities.  He exists because he is pure love in his nature, and only pure love can defy logic, defy reason, and defy the impossible and come into existence by it's ownself.  The second possibility is that there exists one primary permanent reality from which all other realities that God has created stems from.  God himself exists in the primary permanent reality which is the ultimate true reality where the logical concepts of beginning and end, and start to finish do not exist.  In other words in that reality God has always existed and always will exist.  From that reality God created our reality along with ourselves.  After God created our reality he then also entered into our reality with us.  God created our minds in such a way that we could best interact with and enjoy our reality.  In order to do that he created a reality where there were such things as beginning and endings, and starts and finishes.  He then created our mind where it coincided with that reality, to where with our minds and our reality it only seems and will always seem that everything must have a beginning and end, and a start or finish.  It just seems logical to us.  Each reality has it's own set of what seems logical.  To us a beginning and end is our set.  To God in the primary ultimate reality, the fact that he exists and has always existed and will always exist, is the logic of that reality that only someone in that particular reality can see.  

Question No. 2:  Why did God Choose to create us?  First in my beliefs, I believe in the Christian Trinity.  The Trinity is a family who loves each other very much.  The love that the Trinity had for each other as a family could not be contained within itself, and the love over flowed from the Trinity out of unbelievable abundance.  This led the Universal one true God (The Trinity) to create us, to have offspring, and to share the love it had within itself with all it's offspring.  This also led the Trinity to create the universe and the different worlds in a way where they were structured along the lines of a family.  Families are very important to God, and God is a family within Himself.  So the answer is the Trinity created us to share his love, joy, and happiness with us.  To not have acted, and to not have created would have been a suppression on the natural out pouring of the love within the Trinity. For all we know the Trinity could still be creating worlds and entitys even right now continuing the families of all realities.

Question No. 3:  Did God Create other types of entities besides us?   From my answer from the last question, you know that I believe God has created other types of entities and worlds besides us.  Even people on this forum who have traveled the spiritual realm, have seen communities in that spiritual realm of certain types of entities.  Some have also encountered some of God's offspring in that realm, the Angels.  I believe in the physical realm that there are a number of other planets that are probably inhabited by entities who have some similarity as us, and by entities who look totally different from us in almost all aspects.  The one question that needs to be answered is whether God has created another cosmos separate from this physical cosmos, and in no way connected to this cosmos that we occupy.  Another question is whether the spiritual realm extends all throughout this physical cosmos, and if human beings could travel in the spiritual realm to another inhabited planet and see those physical enities (or aliens) from the spiritual realm through astral projection.  If this is true, then it means we can explore all the planets in this cosmos and identify all physical entities and offspring God has created besides us, before we acquire the complete ability for space travel through technology.  We can possibly explore and locate now, and when our space technology catches up we can then interact possibly with these other enities and offspring, and explore other worlds and other planets in the physical. But while we do this we must always keep in mind the reason that God has created to share his life and love with others.  We must also keep in mind that in some places with some entities that certain entities have used their free wills to try to sabotage and harm others.  If there is anyway to stop some of these entities, and do our part to try to help heal creation some, then we need to figure out ways to try to stop those harmful entities.  But the over all answer to this question is I believe God has created a lot of entities and a lot of offspring both in the physical realm in this cosmos, in possibly other cosmos, and in the spiritual realms of the cosmos's he has created.

Question No. 4:  Where are these entities homes, and are some created in a permanent type home, while others may have two or more homes because of the transitional aspect of their created nature?  This is an important question.  Human beings were created with two homes because of the transitional aspect of their created nature.  They first have their human home on the Earth in the physical realm, then when it comes time for them to pass away, they go to their 2nd home which has already been created and prepared for them by God.  It is the place in the spiritual realm where human offspring go.  This place is not the same place as the home for other entities and offspring created by God.  The Angels were created in a permanent home because there was not a transitional aspect of their created nature.  God created a home and place for his offspring,the Angels in the Spiritual realm.  There are probably a lot of other spiritual offspring besides the Angels that God has created.  These to had a place created for them by God where they live in the spiritual realm.  It's possible that humans sometimes while astral projecting have traveled through some of these entities worlds and homes in the spiritual realm.  Now it is possible even though each entity and offspring created by God has it's own particular home it lives in or that it eventually goes to (if he/she was created with a transitional nature), that sometimes some of the entities or offspring may be allowed to briefly pass through another entity or offsprings world, environment, or home.  For example the Angels sometimes pass through the environment and homes of the human beings in the spiritual realm, once those human beings have passed away and entered their new home in the spiritual realm.  In summary God has made a home for all his entities and offspring, whether in this cosmos or the next.

Now Spirit Gurl to get back to your questions.  To find your answers we must turn to the Source.

Questions of Spirit Gurl and many others!

1.  How does my life matter? You'll find that answer by finding out your origin and why you exist.  You'll also find that answer by finding out why you matter to the Trinity that created you.  I think you now know the answers to these questions.

2.  Will my soul care when I die?I believe the answer to that question is up to you.  I believe our soul is part of us, and we cannot exist without it, and it cannot exist without us.  It's part of our being.  Your soul is part of you and will care if you care, and not care if you don't care.

3.  How does anything matter? To answer that question one must find where all things come from.  Then one must find out why some things may or may not matter to God more so than others.  If certain things matter to God, then an entity created by God must decide whether those things that matter to God matter to him or not.  Free choice and free will that was given us by God.  God loves us so much He will never violated our own free choices and our free will.  

4.  Who will care if I die tommorrow?The answer is probably most the same people you would care about if they died tomorrow.

5.  How does it matter if I'm happy right now?The only people it probably does matter to is yourself and the Trinity, and certain loved ones and friends.

6.  How do our lives matter?  Our lives matter to God (Trinity), and others we care about and who care about us.

7.  Why does it matter to be happy now, as there is always another life to be happy in?  First If I believe in re-incarnation it is in a very limited and rare sense.  But even saying that re-incarnation happens, and is happening to some human beings, lets see where the scenario of your question would lead.  If a person maintained the stance and attitude that you have mentioned in every life then they would never be happy.  A person has to start to be happy somewhere, they might as well start now in this life.  If they presently are unable to start now in this life because of some un-wanted situations they have run into that has caused them some difficulty, then they need to work on their mind, and learning about the mind.  They need to learn skills they can use with their mind to help them see past their problems, to be able to understand their problems, and put them into a perspective where those things or unpleasant experiences of the past can in no way hold them back.  It can be done.  There are many books out there written by intelligent and caring people about how to not let your mind control you, but you control your mind.  They have also written books on how to not let people get to you, and to just brush things off and keep going.  No matter what has happened you can with seeking and understanding gain your happiness back.  Seek (research)and you shall find.  

Spirit Gurl, I hoped the reply I have written has helped. The human race is moving into a new technological age, and our Creator is going to be right there with us hoping we move in the right directions. However, there are some entites that have been created by him that have used their free wills for evil desires, and are seeking to harm others and harm creation.  God, I believe, is hoping we figure out a number of different ways to stop these harmful entities.  There are a number of laws that work in our reality.  We have managed by these laws to build efficient cars, spacecraft, and high tech. devices.  I hope one day we will figure out a way to completely stop these negative entities out there, and possibly find a way to imprison them, so they can no longer harm others or creation.  

In Summary the Trinity created all of us.  In some worlds and some cosmos some things have gone wrong.  We as God's offspring as we keep our minds open and learn more, must do our part to try to help fix some of the things that have gone wrong.  We can do this why also enjoying the beautiful things in the world that God has created, and while also enjoying life and our friends.

no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2003, 20:15:25 »

i'm just being a picky little butt, but.. you never answered where god came from, just that time doesn't apply to him. whether he has a start or finish is not where he came from or why he is here.

changed a little when edited, huh?

if there is a god, wherever he came from, he surely isn't alone.

an interesting thought.. what would there be if nothing existed here? if there was never any life forms in these lower dimensions, if physical matter never existed, if no matter existed at all, what would there be? just an empty consciousness that has nothing to sense, or would there even be that much? at some point, somewhere, there was nothing here in the lower dimensions.. there had to be something for it all to start from. this is what some people need to try to figure out.. it's way over my head. it doesn't even make sense to me as to why there isn't nothingness. something would have to create itself from nothing.. and that just isn't right. you can say that thats god, but god would have to come from something. its weird..

neg removal5
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2003, 22:47:21 »

It's true that God isn't alone Clover.  He exists as the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.  At least that is what I believe.  If you read Question No. 1 again about the existence of God, I believe I can answer your other question.  I believe there is two possibilities and two possible answeres for His existence.  There could be another that could possibly make some sense.  
     You mentioned what existed in our space before God created Earth and the Cosmos.  I don't believe anything existed accept for the prime, ultimate reality God.  God then created another reality in which He then created our entire Cosmos where nothing existed before.  Also before something can really have an existence their must be a consciousness of some type there to acknowledge that some type of matter even exists.  What good is it for matter to exist somewhere if there is no consciousness anywhere that is aware of it.  It may be existing, but it doesn't know about it and neither does anyone else.  I feel it's only relevant for any matter to exist, if there is a consciousness somewhere that is aware of it's existence.

Just something else for you to think about as you look for answers.
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2003, 00:32:54 »

ah.. i worded that poorly. what i was wondering was where things started from. think of the matrix and the loading program, and how it's just there. nothing happens until something is loaded onto it. the same must have been true for the whole universe and all the dimensions. it wouldn't make any sense for something to have been around forever, going back into time infinitely. there would have to be something to spawn it, yet there couldn't be anything, or things would already exist. i cant really convey my question that easily because i suck with words. i guess i'm asking about the origin of 'time' (how we think of time, when all things began), only for all dimensions, including ones without time. does that make any sense?

Kalonek
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2003, 09:55:04 »

quote:
Originally posted by neg removal5
Why did God choose to create us?

I found your answers interesting neg removal5. But on this question, i think that the problem may be a bit more complex (and i'm speaking here for every religions).
Indeed, if God is perfect, we can logically think that He is in an eternal (not in a temporal way) felicity, and therefore that He doesn't need in any way to create us all (and the universe), as we aren't necessary for Him. In that way, saying that God created us would ask the question of the His perfection, as He would need us to share His love and therefore be completely happy. But if He can't without us, that would mean that he isn't perfect, and thus that He isn't God.
On the other hand, if God created us, as he is perfect, only something perfect can come out of a perfect thing (it's logical), therefore we shall be perfect too, which obviously isn't the case. Therefore God wouldn't be perfect one more time ... (!)

For the other question of where God came from, it's very difficult to answer if He knows it Himself. Because if He knows when He appears, then what made Him appear ?, and if He doesn't, well He isn't anymore omniscient, and can't be God.

For Spirit Gurl, i think that all those questions are totally normal at your age, you become aware of yourself and want to know if there is a purpose for life. I have myself searched many years at your age to find it. I advise you to read a lot, religion but also and principally philosophical books, as many authors discuss this in many different ways, so you should find what you're looking for.

I personnally think that life has a goal : to make you happy, and to allow you to evolve spiritually. That is the only aim one should have. Don't think of others (but don't be egoistic, just don't care of the others' opinions etc), live YOUR life as you want to, and if you are happy, then it's the good choice. There isn't A way  but multiple ones, so just do as you feel. And never forget that your life is the only good that has value, it's everything you should care about, as without it you can't find your way to evolve and find your Truth.

Bye.

- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com
neg removal5
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2003, 11:36:13 »

I see your points Kalonek

What makes it difficult to find certain answers sometimes is because it's possible for some of these complex terms to be given different definitions without anyone really knowing which definition is correct.

For example the definition of the word "perfect".  One definition of the word in relation to us is that "perfect" means having a "free will", and not being created as robots.  This means that a spiritual being who was perfect must have the requirement of having a "free will", and not just be a robot.  But the problem with free will, as that some people can use their free will to choose not to do good, and to try to cause problems with other people.  If they did not have that option they would not be "perfect" as defined in the paramenters of a "being" with a "free will".  It's true they are not in any way perfect in behavior, but they are perfect in the sense of being a being that has a "free will".  

So God did create us as "perfect" spiritual beings with free will.  But such free will has the possibility of misuse of creation by those entities.

God is still perfect and so are his created offspring, but his offsprings actions are not always, by the choice of their own "free wills".

This same problem with the complexity of many definitions for a complex word can also apply to such terms as timelessness, soveignerity, omnipotent, omniscience, etc.  There are a number of options for these terms.  Only God and reality know for sure which of those definitions is correct, all we can do is come up with the different definitions and options, and try to center in on the ones that match most with reality.
Kalonek
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2003, 12:47:08 »

Your answer is right, it's all in the terminology we use to explain what we think. What i exposed hereabove was in fact the epicurist philosophy on the theme of  gods. I'm glad you turned the question back Smiley I think that Truth about all this might be so complex that we can't handle it with our physical brain without getting mad at trying to understand, that's why like in science we use axioms in religion (things that are evident but can't be proven by any kind of method, even reason - ie : god is eternal, which brings up the problem i explained above with the omniscience etc). I think we call this Faith Smiley
Your definition of perfection is interesting. In any case i personnally believe that each person is a part of God, thus everyone as you say in a different way can act freely and create his own destiny.

- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com
J-Man
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2003, 16:14:52 »

holy excrement.

there is nooooo way im reading all 323534 pages of this thread.

spirit gurl, im also jewish [Wink]

i think its impossible to know what happens after death. i think its impossible to know who created us, if anyone. i think its pointless to sit and think about it and talk about, because it will get us no where.

there are thousands of beliefs and religions. screw it ALL.

all i know is that we ARE here, TODAY. and as long as we are here, i think we should all do two things:

1: happiness.

we are alive. who knows why? we are. so lets enjoy life. lets be happy. lets all get along. lets have peace and prosperity.

whats the point of being alive if you arent enjoying life? if you dont want to live then why live? therefore, i must conclude that as long as anyone is alive, it is logical to be happy, no matter what.

but what if your name is hitler, and killing 11 million people makes you happy?

which is why i have rule

2a: selflessness.

what if you find some young woman on the street? what if raping her would make you happy? what if it woul dfeel good?

rule #2 of life is that the human race must work TOGETHER, so EVERYONE is happy. we must all make sure that we are all happy.

2b: children

this is called part 2b for a reason. if we are happy and selfless, then of course, we want to make MORE people, so MORE people can experience happiness and good. then THEY can make EVEN MORE, so we have billions of happy selfless people all enjoying life.

so stop wasting your time and LIVE YOUR LIFE.

help others and enjoy helping them.

get older and have kids, so more people can get the chance to be happy.

and have a nice life [Smiley]
greatoutdoors
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2003, 18:59:02 »

#65279;I’m coming in late to this party so I’ll start with the beginning and hope I can contribute something worthwhile.

How does a life matter (yours or anyone else’s)?

Bottom line, as far as the individual is concerned, this life doesn’t matter at all. However, your impact on other lives can matter a great deal to them. If you regularly put out food for a wild animal, and that animal comes to depend on you for its survival, then you stop, for whatever reason. Your life mattered very much to that animal, who may die for lack of your presence. Do you have a relative who thinks you are the greatest thing since peanut butter? Should you die you
would leave a permanent void in that relative’s life. You matter to them.

Will your soul care if you die?

Here’s where you’re taking a left turn off the track. You ARE your soul. The physical body we inhabit is part of us. The other part is energy/electricity. This isn’t metaphysics, just biology and physics. Two of the basic laws of physics are “Conservation of Energy” and “Conservation of Matter”. They state that energy and matter can never be destroyed, but only changed in form. If you haven’t run into them yet in school, you will.

When your physical part dies, it becomes part of the physical world. Eventually your body will be distributed throughout our world, part air, part earth, part water. Your energy part becomes -- something else. I don’t know how that energy part will see things, or even if it will be aware at all. Maybe when you die your energy part will go into a melting pot of energy and become part of a tree’s energy, or a horse’s, or a mountain’s.

But also, maybe, there really is such a thing as “karma” and “God”. In that event, given that nearly all religions have a basic premise that you should do good in this world, then every good thing you have done in your physical body will matter to that Being. Your refusal to think about this aspect won’t make it go away.

By the way, welcome to the world of mystery -- good hunting!
PlanarLeap
Astral Energy 1

planarleap
View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2003, 04:17:21 »

i've only read the first, original post in the thread.

all of the things that we do, all of the different ways that we interact with other people...  every time we say "hello" and every time we stand up for something we believe in... all of this creates an impression on those around us.  that impression is in turn passed on by impression ad nauseam.  pretty much its like this:  the tiniest little thing has significant and identifiable effects on everything... in the long run.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: