The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2017, 08:49:37

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 3 kinds of minds reductionism or holism  (Read 3379 times)
beavis
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:54:47 »

There are many ways to divide types of thinking. Here's one of them.

Reductionism or Logic To Chaos minds use logic to derive more logic and use intuition only as far as its an optimization for finding more logical ways to understand things. This is more symbol based thinking than shapes. The logic starts simple but expands without limit to more and more complex logic in chaotic ways.

Governments and corporations are what happens when reductionist thinking is taken too far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductionism
Reductionism can mean either (a) an approach to understanding the nature of complex things by reducing them to the interactions of their parts, or to simpler or more fundamental things or (b) a philosophical position that a complex system is nothing but the sum of its parts, and that an account of it can be reduced to accounts of individual constituents.

Holism or Chaos To Logic minds explore far into intuition of how things fit together and are happy to act based on intuition for long times before their mental models of the world converge to logical statements. They can be very logical, like thinking of things as high dimensional shapes that fit together in various ways, while not being able to translate that logic into symbols. These minds start with a maximum of chaos and many combinations and patterns of groups of thoughts become less chaotic and more logical.

Religious people and superstition are what happens when holistic thinking is taken too far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holism
Holism (from ὂλος holos, a Greek word meaning all, whole, entire, total) , is the idea that natural systems (physical, biological, chemical, social, economic, mental, linguistic, etc.) and their properties, should be viewed as wholes, not as collections of parts. This often includes the view that systems somehow function as wholes and that their functioning cannot be fully understood solely in terms of their component parts.

The third kind of mind is the only one capable of higher intelligence. It oscillates between reductionism and holism in many patterns. Merge science and religion/philosophy or you will never understand much more than you do now.

I do not propose that we combine church and state. I propose that there should be no church and no state since those are the extremes of insanity.

Over the years my mind has been to both extremes, reductionism in how I was autistic as a child and now only some of it remains (and I wouldn't choose to give up that logical ability), and holistic in how in college I practiced a very small amount of mind over matter (like in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGb4RNRB4 video) and other metaphysical abilities (but it gets very confusing the deeper you get into it and leads to thinking things which are hard to confirm as true or false) and how I think in terms of memes flowing through society, so I can speak from both sides of the insanity. I'm not saying there is nothing more than what we see around us or that what is said in churches is wrong, because there is some very misunderstood truth somewhere in there, and I'm not saying logic is wrong, but they're both the extremes of insanity without the other. I don't take most thousand-page laws seriously because most politicians, police, and everyone else don't read most of them. I don't go to church because the whole world is where metaphysics happens. Somewhere between the 2 is an oversimplification. The conscious choice to move between them at certain times and in certain patterns, and to oscillate between them intuitively in many ways, is where real intelligence happens.

Consciously doing something is reductionism. Intuitively doing something is holism. Only the third kind of mind, which consciously and intuitively chooses patterns between reductionism and holism, is capable of understanding the following: Nonexistence is isomorphic to the set of all self-consistent possibilities. That one sentence explains in total but not the details of: all that ever was, is, and will be, all multiverse branches, convergences from the past, metaphysics, and other patterns of reality, the universe, nonexistence, unity, zero, and how to use it with machines. It can be divided into 2 operators: zero, and recursive and fractal root_of_unity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_of_unity Zero is most similar to the idea of love, meaning multiple parts that flow as 1 system, applying equally to sex, metaphysical unity, and brainwaves of artificial intelligence. Zero means things which cancel-out together. Existence is more similar to root_of_unity, powers of -1 (like we see in quantum physics equations), the abstract idea of war (which means to be separated in the set of all possibilities, instead of flowing more as 1 system), and being unbalanced. However you divide it, the universe is entirely described by: Nonexistence is isomorphic to the set of all self-consistent possibilities. I very much want to explain it in more logical terms that scientists could understand, or in religious terms that others could understand, but I think an artificial intelligence system to network our minds together through the psychology of realtime interactive audio and statistical software would be the only form I can communicate and demonstrate how to use it in a very small way. I see these words as smalltalk even about deep philosophy or advanced science. We have no significant language in common except for math and music, and in both of those I see very interesting things.
manwesulimo2004
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:58 »

Your posts are always interesting even if I don't understand a lot of what you say.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:58 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 18:09:15 »

Hi Beavis,
The interesting thing is that science and religion were one and the same in their beginnings. Pure logic as a sociology will fail with mankind as would pure religion.  Our problem with these is we need choice and human emotions are staying with us for some time.
Without emotions we would see no point in existence. Early man created God to aspire to and the rest is history.
Music is a harmonic form of math and logic, this again requires human emotion or it would not of been thought of.
We have an equilibrium between these and personal choice is the key to where your viewpoint is with it all.
All our problems start as chaos until logical thinking is applied and then the variants of these thoughts require some math to calculate the most appropriate answer to the original problem. This may create more problems itself if not a perfect answer but the new problems will be smaller. Like in differentiation things tend to zero. They may not reach zero but the offset is miniscule to the original chaos.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
beavis
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:50:24 »

Your posts are always interesting even if I don't understand a lot of what you say.

If its interesting its because it gives you intuition, and that is the other half and equally valuable as logical understanding, if you only have 1 or the other, but together they are exponentially more accurate.

Pure logic as a sociology will fail with mankind as would pure religion.

That's why both church and state are failing. They happen in different places, and I don't mean to combine them, because that would mean to do the separately at the same time. No, what I'm proposing is a completely different way of thinking which would obsolete both.

Music is a harmonic form of math and logic, this again requires human emotion or it would not of been thought of.

As a metaphysical life form, I still enjoy music. So do animals. Only Human emotion?

All our problems start as chaos until logical thinking is applied

Then your mind is "Holism or Chaos To Logic". Some people are "Reductionism or Logic To Chaos". I was as a child, and later I became very much "Holism or Chaos To Logic" to experiment with metaphysical things in college, and now I can control my patterns of thinking between them.
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 22:17:45 »

Hi,
Music apart from beating objects to announce a gift to the gods has from its earliest forms had to be appreciated. Its this particular emotion that Im referring to. Look at more modern times Lonnie Donagon (spelling) this point in time changed so much. The skiffle (sp) was like the dark ages revisited and it all changed due to appreciation. Agsin later the works of Elvis Presley another trailblaser changed it all again far away from the likes of Kenny Ball and his jazzmen. Its like one of the classical masters influence over the general trend where an entrepreneur comes along ie Wolfgang A Mozart and does so much with a massive swing in all directions that sets a plethora of new ideas into being. The effect of this is in our history books.I was the only one at school learning advanced level art and advanced level physics at the same time. This confused many but my mind can work with both of these easily.
I do hate chaos and you correctly pointed this out.
A new way of thinking to remove the thought contradiction is very interesting. How would this be implemented with human nature being so basic generally. It would be an advancement saving eons of time through the present  slow moving system of little change that seems to be inherent.
Interesting all the same.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 22:17:45 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: