The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 01, 2014, 18:38:11

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lbrp - benefits and drawbacks  (Read 2286 times)
thankful
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2005, 07:27:24 »

I'd love to hear from people doing the LBRP, the Lower Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.  I'd love to hear about the benefits and drawbacks.  I'm not really interested in doing Ceremonial Magick but the LBRP ritual has some attraction as it gives protection, develops equilibrium and a lot of positive things (from what I've read). The thing that turns me off is that it seems to attract astral wildlife types of things.  Kind of lights you up in the astral.  Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.
Moonburn33
Astral Energy 3

Elwyndas5
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 11:27:05 »

almost any magical practice that causes and increase in energy will attract astral animals.  The great thing about the LBRP is that it will make it uncomfortable for the harmful ones to stay around you.  So if you're into ceremonial magick, then the LBRP is a win-win situation.

as below, so above
abijhadvedvishnavati
Astral Energy 1

none none none
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 03:56:09 »

Moonburn is it the LBRP that protects you, or your belief in the protection of the LBRP that protects you?

"You will never understand things until you trust them, for you inhibit what you doubt."  Dion Fortune
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 03:56:09 »

Moonburn33
Astral Energy 3

Elwyndas5
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 13:05:40 »

Well, I've always seen these ritual entities (the ones invoked in the LBRP and other similar rituals) as being on the cusp of objective reality, where my mind and the world interact.  We came from an idea and that idea has certain inherent qualities, when we are unhindered in our interaction, our thoughts will be able to access to certain aspects of our collective consciousness that will register as "real."  These aspects and entities are what are called upon in these rituals.  However, I've noticed that having an unwavering belief in something creates a certain refined and potent quality of energy that tends to appear to negate the effects of that reality.

So to answer your question- I'm indifferent as to which scenario it actually is.  Having the ritual work of its own volition makes me happy

as below, so above
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: