The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 10:07:44

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings! I can barely belive I just found this site  (Read 1785 times)
GregJD
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:43:33 »

As a reader of OBE material for almost twenty years now,  to find that I missed this site until now boggles my mind.

While I have been a reader, I have not had any real success at the practice.  I have been lurking in this forum for the last week or so now, it seems that many come and go to the practice.

I have had a recent rebirth of interest to AP and OBE, finding Robert Monroes books reading his second and third, and listening to the audio books of each twice in the last month.   Another series that I missed for some reason...  I guess I was caught up in other authors, will buhlman, Robert Bruce, and others.

What I had been searching for, for years was already in print with Monroes books, I guess I wasn't ready.  Saddens me that what I was interested at the age of 18, those books existed at that time, and it wasn't untill now, at the age of 40, that I find them.     Better late than never I guess.

I picked up Adrian's book, Ultimate Reality, and while I am not through it yet, the part that really resonated with me so far was the concept of God he wrote down.  I have long felt that the modern realigous view point was so infintesimally limiting of the nature of God and creation.  The words you chose were like reading a romantic poem from a great love.  That another person could have also felt the same way was awe inspiring.

I have felt very alone on my path and there is no one I am even comfortable talking with on this subject.  To many chances for judgement, to many chances for the possibility of attack. 

It's been refreshing to find this site and forum,  I wish it would have happened years ago.
I look forward to reading an participating with any who are willing

Greg
LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:10:56 »

Welcome Greg,
My first success was with William Buhlman's visualization technique, and I added inner motion to it as well. Three weeks after practicing it every night, I had my first OBE. Have you tried any of his techniques yet?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:10:56 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:48:26 »

Welcome to the Pulse, Greg!

Interestingly, I have found that many of us find ourselves rather alone in our explorations of Non-Physical Consciousness...not many locals or family with whom we can share our experiences and ideas.

That isn't true here; you are among friends.

Monroe's books are great on his personal story but are left a little wanting on technique; he was just such a superb natural talent. I found his first book when I was thirteen; what a trip!

I went through a lengthy period of dis-interest as well (physical life kind of does that to us, lol) then one day in 2006, I simply Googled "astral projection" out of boredom. Wow, what a shock! The different forums; then the Pulse. The amount of first-hand personal experience that is available to us all has practically quintupled my knowledge of AP; and benefited my experiences immeasurably!

There is plenty here to read, learn and share. Welcome and enjoy.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 18:12:01 »

Hey Greg!  Welcome aboard.  There's tons of great information here for you.  You could probably read threads for years and always find something new! Smiley

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 18:25:17 »

Welcome to the Pulse, Greg!
Interestingly, I have found that many of us find ourselves rather alone in our explorations of Non-Physical Consciousness...not many locals or family with whom we can share our experiences and ideas.
I second that. In my private life I've found no one so far. Recently I got a good old buddy of mine interested when I more jokingly talked about nightly 'levitation'. He then asked about if there are really 'higher dimensions' and stuff. We were a bit drunk so maybe he forgot some of my answers or didn't take it all too seriously. But he got interested but he still seems a bit timid and anxious about it. So I am making slow progress with him. Not easy waking people up to this.

But for yourself, it is good to have forums like these to find like-minded and like-interested people.

We are a rare breed still, even among some of the 'spiritual(ist)' people, regular astral projectors and OBErs get frowned upon sometimes... but I sense that we get more and more around the world it seems.

Times are changing. You are in the right flow it seems, Greg.

Welcome!

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 18:25:17 »

GregJD
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 08:06:36 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Is there an area on the forum that you can use as a semi personal journal, something that would allow you to look for guidance and share triumphs?
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: