The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 02:48:59

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello  (Read 1849 times)
purpleTiger
Astral Energy 1

skype-deadnymphe
View Profile
« on: June 23, 2013, 16:20:39 »

Hello) new to the forum but not to AP. Had my first out of body experience almost 10 ago. There was a forum either outofbody.org.uk or something similar, which i posted at...i was hoping to find it again, but found this.
My out of body experiences happened over 3 year period, then i had a scary experience, after which i said to myself "i'm done with it...never again etc.." and i guess i subconsciously blocked the ability to OOBE as i wasn't able to do it. Im interested in giving it another go, though i know im not quite ready yet to try again, so i'll just read posts on here,and maybe share some of my experiences with you.
Lionheart
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 22:43:57 »

Hello and Welcome to the Astral pulse!  smiley

There is a ton of info to be found here on the subject. Make sure you check out the "Stickies" as well.

A scary experience will do that to people!  sad

But, this isn't a race, proceed when feel you are ready too.

Maybe if you share that experience with us, we may be able to help you make more sense of it.

Fear Scenarios are very strong, but they usually hold a message as well.

Sometimes that "experience" is so fearful as to help you realize you were "consciously aware" at the time and help you to remember said event.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 22:43:57 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

purpleTiger
Astral Energy 1

skype-deadnymphe
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 06:59:56 »

Thanks for the reply.
I must say I didn't try to learn this and then something scared me. At first I didn't want this or was interested in OOBE/AP. First time it happened was after I was prescribed antidepressants, but after the first out of body experience happened I've stopped taking them. Out of body experiences didn't stop though. I did a little research and became interested in it, I did try some techniques  to try to control it and I never got it to happen when I wanted to. All of my out of body experiences happened spontaneously. Actually, no, i also had a lot of sleep paralysis  happening and i quickly learned how to sleep to achieve this. All i needed to do for that is get up very early, go on the computer for a bit, then try to sleep again..i knew it will bring on SP or OOBE. I had some good and some maybe unpleasant experiences, but never scary.
I feel silly talking about this scary experience because I'm sure you guys seen a lot worse things.
One night I was asleep in bed with my boyfriend, then next thing I was  out of my body and saw this thing, not clearly, it was the first time my vision was blurred, I just saw a blurry white thing, but its hard to describe the fear I felt at that moment. I've managed to go back to sleep eventually.
Next day I said to my boyfriend "I think I saw a ghost last night" not sure why I said it..ive seen ghosts before and knew this thing was something else...anyway, he told me he saw it too, but probably earlier when I was sleeping and before my OOBE. He said it looked like white smoke, it had a figure of a human, but without a face, and had very long fingers/claws and it was standing next to me, trying to touch me.....
....and that's it, that's the story....might not be very exciting and this thing didn't do me any harm, but enough to scare me.
Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:16 »

One night I was asleep in bed with my boyfriend, then next thing I was  out of my body and saw this thing, not clearly, it was the first time my vision was blurred, I just saw a blurry white thing, but its hard to describe the fear I felt at that moment. I've managed to go back to sleep eventually.
Next day I said to my boyfriend "I think I saw a ghost last night" not sure why I said it..ive seen ghosts before and knew this thing was something else...anyway, he told me he saw it too, but probably earlier when I was sleeping and before my OOBE. He said it looked like white smoke, it had a figure of a human, but without a face, and had very long fingers/claws and it was standing next to me, trying to touch me.....
....and that's it, that's the story....might not be very exciting and this thing didn't do me any harm, but enough to scare me.
It sounds to me like you were experiencing the "Intruder Scenario".

I experienced this many times when I first started to AP.

I called him the "Gatekeeper", because many people report the same experience. He is like your welcoming committee of sorts.  smiley

It's discussed futher in this Sticky here created by a member of ours named Bedeekin.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:45:47 by Lionheart » Logged
roman67
Astral Energy 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:37:55 »

I have never experienced anything like this. Anyways, Welcome to AP forums. Good to see you here. Enjoy your stay.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:37:55 »

Astralzombie
Astral Energy 5

Nothing is all bad and A through Z beats IAB.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 15:36:40 »

Welcome to the Pulse.

My introduction into all this was also spontaneous and to say that it scared me is an understatement. But I absolutely had to know what was happening. 13 years later, I still have no idea what is happening but I have conquered a great many of my fears.

Hopefully you will stick around and conquer some of yours. I don't think it is possible to be free of all fear but my only goal is to not let mine stop me from doing what I want, within reason of course.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 18:05:28 »

Hi qnd welcome to the pulse.
Nice  to see your awakened interest.
Fear is what holds us all back, the last step is to remove this fear. Once done everything opens up and keeps you hooked continuously.
The experiences you have will also challenge this fear. Im sure you are already aware of this.
The cure is to face it head on and deny its existance. When you are ready to take this step remember one important thing. It's you that you are scareing.
Nothing can harm you too. Only being scared of yourself.
A catch 22 scenario.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
Lionheart
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 22:00:27 »

This video led to my first successful, extremely short lived OBE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhZAHV_xl0

After watching it and following his instructions to a "T", I thought a Helicopter was landing in my living room, it got so loud.

It scared the Beejeebus out of me!  shocked

I couldn't wait to try it again, lol!  wink

purpleTiger
Astral Energy 1

skype-deadnymphe
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 14:05:30 »

This morning was perfect time to try something, you know when you wake up and feel like a zombie lol very easy to get into SP from that....i have a 13 month baby, who decided to was time to get up at 6 am, but became very grumpy, so decided to get him to sleep a bit more and have a nap myself(that state where you know you not going to sleep properly, but something might happen). And just as i was relaxing, my son thought it was time to get up and play ))) Not easy with a baby, i'll have to somehow make time for this.
Greytraveller
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 00:04:26 »

Greetings and welcome purpleTiger
That website that you were thinking about was the now defunct www.outofbody.co.uk It was an interesting site for awhile and then members must have lost interest because the number of forum posts dropped and eventually the site disappeared.

Cheers
Grey
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: