The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 00:01:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blast from the Past!  (Read 450 times)
Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:43:22 »

Well hello fellow dreamers and oneironauts  smiley

I've not been here for a Very Long Time. Not sure who, if anyone, from the old days is still around. I know Xanth from another forum (hi Xanth!  cool) and was a moderator here for a while.

Anyway, yesterday I decided to make AP/OBE/LD/whatever my primary hobby once again, so here I am. Already had a small experience last night (which I'll post elsewhere), so that's something. Thought I'd have to start from scratch again, but seems I've jumped right back into it. Woop!

Looking forward to getting to know some/all of you and reading your experiences.  grin

Selski

Whatever happened to the dreamers...
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 14:37:27 »

Hello Selski ...

I remember reading some of your posts over at the EIC forum. Looks like 'the Giraffe has been upgraded'.

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 14:37:27 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 16:09:18 »

grin Yes, I guess it has!

I did consider getting reinvolved at EIC instead/too, and may still do, but for now I'm dipping my toes here.  tongue

Thanks for the welcome.

Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 20:13:17 »

Hello Selski and Welcome back!  smiley

I've have enjoyed reading your past posts here over the years.

Just last night I was reading some of your former posts as a "refresher of sorts" and the question came to my mind what do you know now, that you didn't then, pertaining to this practice?

I have found that every time I started to think I knew what was happening "there", that it changed. One wild, awe inspiring experience led to another and so on. The only time I found myself blocked was when I stuck with some conclusion, instead of leaving myself open to seeing and experiencing more.

My question was spurred on, after reading this thread that you started here. It had some great replies in it from other former members (that I respect) here as well.
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/differences-t27412.0.html;msg227694#msg227694
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 22:59:29 by Lumaza » Logged

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
                  Albert Einstein

To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure!
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 22:50:51 »

Welcome back Selski!  The Pulse has really missed you in your time away.  Smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 22:50:51 »

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 09:17:07 »

Hi Selski, welcome back and glad to meet you. I've come across quite a few of your posts since being here and looking forward to your new adventures.

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldnít do without you. The rub is that you donít always know who- Robert Fulgham
Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 12:35:12 »

Thanks Lumaza, Xanth and Nameless  smiley

Lumaza, what an interesting thread you found!  cheesy

Since then (nearly 10 years ago shocked) my focus changed. I joined the EIC (Explorations in Consciousness) website created by Major Tom (Fred) from here. After a year or two, I became more interested in lucid dreaming and learned ways to become lucid from a non-lucid dream (DILD - this acronym always makes me grin, looks like dildo) ...much quicker & easier than relaxation, phasing, WILD, MILD and all the other ILDs.

But during my lucid dreaming periods, odd things would happen so I was still getting all sorts of overlaps. So now, all this time later, I'm none the wiser. Then again, I haven't really been actively into it for many years.

I'm certainly older, definitely not wiser (lol) but probably more mellow about the whole thing. If others wish to label and claim opinions as fact, so what? I've realised that it's more about me and my perspective. I tend to be reasonably UNopinionated and, after joining a handful of forums over the years, noticed that I'm more inclined to agree with others' opinions rather than form my own. Whenever there are arguments discussions on forums with two people going backwards and forwards, I'm usually the observer - quite like watching a good tennis match with lots of volleys!

Looking back at all the experiences I've had over the years, they've all been amazing in their own right. Some have taught me things, some have been simply fun, some have made me wonder about the Big Questions in Life. But not one has given me anything solid to take on board. As I said, I think that says more about me than about the experiences.

Does that make sense?  tongue

catmeow
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 17:18:43 »

Yes it makes perfect sense Selski!

And that's a thread I probably left safely alone, rather than get the boxing gloves out!

Welcome back!

The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda
Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 21:39:21 »

Since then (nearly 10 years ago shocked) my focus changed. I joined the EIC (Explorations in Consciousness) website created by Major Tom (Fred) from here. After a year or two, I became more interested in lucid dreaming and learned ways to become lucid from a non-lucid dream (DILD - this acronym always makes me grin, looks like dildo) ...much quicker & easier than relaxation, phasing, WILD, MILD and all the other ILDs.
I am also a member at the EIC, using the name "Shu-Man".
 I have had spontaneous OBEs for much of my life, starting as a child. I was always petrified when my covers felt like they were leaving my feet and I felt the rising sensation. I would then pull the covers over my head and cower. I actually thought it happened to everyone and that for some reason it was one of those things that people didn't talk about.
 I learned to voluntarily have OBEs, through my intent and experimented with many ways to do it. I still am experimenting today. This soon led to become more aware in my LDs and actually becoming more aware of "life" in general.
 Then I read Frank's great posts on Phasing and Robert Monroe's books and found my favorite way to access the other realms.
 I still encounter spontaneous OBEs today. I also do a Phase/meditation session everyday, when I can.

Looking back at all the experiences I've had over the years, they've all been amazing in their own right. Some have taught me things, some have been simply fun, some have made me wonder about the Big Questions in Life. But not one has given me anything solid to take on board. As I said, I think that says more about me than about the experiences.

Does that make sense?  tongue
That makes total sense to me.  cool
 I have lived under the adage "I believe half of what I hear, but everything I see." This leaves me open to new things and experiences, but not gullible!

I found there are many paths to get "there". It's what you do when you arrive there that counts. I enjoy aiding people and "Others" in their Journeys, whether those Journeys are in this physical realm here or "other".!  smiley

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
                  Albert Einstein

To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: