The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 03:49:41

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, a newbie with a noisy head  (Read 940 times)
SleepyHollow
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2014, 12:36:19 »

Hello!

I have meditated on and off for years without much progress and am currently working on the Gateway Experience CDs. I'm also reading The Nature of Personal Reality, by Seth.

My whole life I've had issues with being overwhelmed when I'm around too many people at once, and I'm starting to believe it has to do with receiving more data than I know how to handle. I sense things like what someone is about to say, who is at the other end when the phone rings, accidents that are about to happen, someone having a baby on the way, etc. Or when I'm alone in a secluded or wilderness area I sense when someone else is approaching, and maybe what kind of person it is. When I'm in a crowd the different sounds of voices are overwhelming, and I think it isn't just their voices but emotions from them too, because even in silence it feels noisy.

Anyway, I'm working on being more conscious of anything and everything I can think to "look" for so that it isn't all just noise and I can identify and handle things with more elegance and be able to function better and be able to think. And I think learning to meditate better will help too by learning to be more focused and notice things better without my own mind producing noise too.

And now that I think about it, I think I've met other people with this issue. That would be neat if I could develop enough to be able to help other people make sense of it and be more in control and not feel like there's something wrong with them.

So that's the gist of it. That's where I'm at right now. Happy to be here!
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:12:34 »

Hi and welcome to the Pulse.
It appears you can see with your eyes closed.
A wall can be made internally to remove most of the noise. The emotions of others are the most difficult to stop.
Familiar to you?

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:12:34 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

SleepyHollow
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:30:30 »

Thanks for the welcome!

Normally I don't think I see stuff, just feel it. Or if I see something maybe it's close to reality but a little off. It's probably just based on the feeling.

I haven't really tried making a wall to block things out. I guess I just practice imagining the wall, putting it up and taking it down?
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 18:56:44 »

If you learn to tune out the noise, you also learn to only accept what you want to feel at any time you choose.
It's like the annoying fan. You can ignore it for what it is or get worked into a frenzy because you are listening to it deliberately to find fault.
The first method is noticing, a good thing to master. The second one is you annoying yourself through unnecessary emotional overreaction.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
IAmWill
Astral Energy 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:32:47 »

Hi welcome here am glad you found this place. Enjoy posting

Meditation + Binaural Beats = Cloud 9

Have a safe journey! always remember, have fun doing what ever it is you doing.

Alcohol Treatment Center Newark NJ
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:32:47 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: