The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 09:25:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from California!  (Read 2633 times)
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2015, 22:42:26 »

I just wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself. I have been visiting Astral Pulse for almost a month now, and I decided to register over the weekend. I am a new traveler, and I began learning about OBE’s about 2 to 3 months ago (reading primarily 2 William Buhlman books). I have had a couple of OBE’s already, and I look forward to continuing my exploration with others here.

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...
astralm
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:39:47 »

Welcome!  Hopefully the site will be an asset to your explorations as it has for me.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:39:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:24 »

Hi and welcome to the Pulse.
Now you can ask questions on anything of interest rather than reading alone lol

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
FuzzyQuills
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:16:46 »

Welcome man! Smiley
This place sure has helped me to project correctly at least once, And last of all, happy travels on the astral planes! Smiley

This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:44:12 »

Thanks Fuzzy, Szaxx and Astralm!

Yeah, I have learned a few new things from here already.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:44:12 »

Lucidityman
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 23:40:41 »

Hi

"The secret of the soul" is an excellent book.

Welcome to Astral Society...   California..must be nice.. its may 20 and my furnace ran today.. opened the door for the cat to go outside and a gust of wind hit him in the face.. his tail shot up and said screw this..and went back to the couch.

Ontario, Canada here.
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 00:42:53 »

Thx L-man!

After some research, I started with Secret of the Soul. It's my favorite so far, as I was encouraged that it consistently pointed back to spirituality as the reason to pursue OBE. My original intention when pursuing OBE's was to expand my spiritual practice. I also read 'Adventures'. Buhlman is very good.

I recently bought Robert Bruce's first edition AD book on Amazon, but I am not impressed with it. That may be because it is an e-book and there is no Table of Contents - you just have to read through the book from start to finish. I may keep it as a reference. I am a bit disappointed that he scares people a bit in regards to the negative aspects of the non-physical. Explanations from Buhlman (and many others) make much more sense to me (e.g., that it is a reflection of own fears, that entities are simply unevolved).

I like California (but it's not cheap, especially the water now). Yeah, the weather is excellent. However, after cutting back on our water use, the front yard has already started dying, and I have collected nearly 2,000 gallons of rain water this season for our garden (e.g., so we can keep it). Currently, there are some trade offs. And there are some things that we are finally catching up with Canada on, like healthcare for everyone.

Thx again for saying "hi"!

RVX
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 11:03:51 »

Hi fellow traveler,

This site is better than the internet itself if you ask me. wink
Lots of good kind people here for what little i've read.  tongue
I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

I'll steal 8mins from your time to say hi to everyone too, I had not read about that. LOL
Good to be here.

Greetings from Venezuela.
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 13:28:34 »

I like California (but it's not cheap, especially the water now). Yeah, the weather is excellent. However, after cutting back on our water use, the front yard has already started dying, and I have collected nearly 2,000 gallons of rain water this season for our garden (e.g., so we can keep it). Currently, there are some trade offs. And there are some things that we are finally catching up with Canada on, like healthcare for everyone.

The water situation in California definitely is pretty dire. Those reservoirs are tapped out. It will be interesting to see the course things take in the next 5 years over there. I am sure you know that farming accounts for 85% of that water use, so regulations on the residents of California can barely have an effect at all. What really needs to be done, is that certain luxury crops, like pistachios and almonds need to be severely cutback. Tree-nut crops consume a much greater percentage of the water than most produce, and need to be reduced in the interest of saving the staple produce farmers.

I am also aware that the government is aware what kind of civil unrest significantly higher water rationing and expenses will have on that region.

Hopefully they can get that huge de-sal plant (and honestly, 40 like it) up and running!

And I am glad you are finding the Pulse useful so far! It can be a great resource, if you leverage it well!

I'll steal 8mins from your time to say hi to everyone too, I had not read about that. LOL
Good to be here.

Greetings from Venezuela.

Venezuela is an interesting place too... I knew a Venezuelan dude who was deaf... strangest / most awesome accent ever. I hope Maduro is working out better for you all than Chavez (I know, not very hard, but I am still a bit worried). I have heard too many bad Chavez stories. Here's to hoping that all stays in the past!

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 18:43:04 »

Hi @RVX .. take 10 or 15 minutes if you want  smiley

Yeah, that's the great thing about the Internet - we get to connect with individuals from all over the world. I think that currently it is the singular vehicle that is bringing a little bit of 'oneness' to this physical realm. I am glad you took your 8 minutes. I have met few people from Venezuela.

Hey @Stillwater .. thanks for the greeting

Yes, everything you said about our water problem is true. Near where I live (maybe 20 miles) they are already considering a desalinization plant. I think that one will happen, however out near Malibu (which is about 60 miles and they want to make a really big one), it will probably not happen because of people's attitudes. Things tend to happen regionally in California.

I am still learning about 'Pulse'. I have recently stepped aside from OBE practice while I absorb some of the old content here (from a few years ago). I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Frank Kepple said, but at the same time, I find that 'Pulse' is riddled with rather poor or bad information about the Monroe Institute and Robert Monroe. Personally, I have found TMI very helpful, so when someone is negative about TMI, I practice detachment and step back. It creates a 'stop and start' process for me.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 19:05:52 by Subtle Traveler » Logged

Sol
Astral Energy 1

Crashing through the Cosmos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 20:40:21 »

Greetings to you, fellow Californian!
I need to figure out what to say for my own introduction. I'm not very good at these things.
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:23:35 »

Welcome aboard Sol.
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
This one's coming from across the big pond lol.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: