The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 25, 2014, 15:08:25

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astrology: born on the same day, same month, same year...  (Read 6926 times)
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2010, 19:24:14 »

There's a colleague at my work who shares exactly the same birth date as me. However we seem to be very different in nature. I normally get along very well with other Aquarians, and I'm not saying we don't get along, it's just the 'relationship' is all a bit too polite if you know what I mean. She's very nice, but I don't feel there's a natural spark at all. What makes it even worse is that we're actually old primary school mates: we've both acknowledged that but it almost seems as if we've never met before! From what I can tell, she seems to be very outgoing, very popular with people, friendly, practical...basically your standard 18 year old girl who loves to party and meet new people etc. Whereas I'm more reserved, introverted (although I can be very extrovert at times), studious, peculiar and a bit 'away with the fairies'. Ok from my description about her, it seems that I'm only mentioning her extrovert qualities, but that's the point, I don't feel like I know anything else apart from that. And I think that is definitely one of the more obvious differences between us because, even though I used to be extremely outgoing and go partying all the time, I have now virtually become a recluse who finds interest in more introverted things such as studying, meditating, singing etc. (By the way she hates studying, hates exams and never really did well in them - another big difference!)

Although some/most people wouldn't know it, I'm actually quite shy: shy in the fact that I'm not usually the one who introduces myself or initiates conversations. Though once someone else starts the conversation, I am not at all shy and I'll just carry on talking to them. Perhaps this is a reflection of her, that she is too naturally quite shy and thus is the reason why we've never been able to properly re-introduce ourselves  huh huh

I don't know, it just seems quite strange, that we're born on exactly the same day yet we're like polar opposites. Surely, in the realm of astrology there must be a reason for this.

P.S. if this matters at all, my D.O.B is 9th February 1991
CFTraveler
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 22:47:14 »

Maybe the time of birth makes a difference.  I do know that in my chart, when I looked into it on a book about this type of stuff, when I looked at the date and time, the description of my personality was frighteningly accurate.  Other times were not, which made me think that there's something to it.
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:09:32 »

Aquarius with another Aquarius is generally seen as being too much alike for much of a "spark" to develop.  I'm an Aquarius too.  I may seem extroverted at times but I don't express most of what I think or feel anyway, though I am still learning to be more expressive so as to incorporate all the different signs within myself and blur the distinctions.

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:09:32 »

Stookie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 16:42:19 »

In astrology, the time of the day and location on the planet you were born play big roles, so someone born on the exact same day could be much different. Your sun sign is far from being a definitive factor in your personality/being. A well made chart should place the planets, sun, & moon EXACTLY where they were the moment you were born. If you don't have the exact info, it won't be an accurate chart. Most say you don't need to be exact, but I disagree.

If you believe in that kind of thing.
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 22:30:42 »

In astrology, the time of the day and location on the planet you were born play big roles, so someone born on the exact same day could be much different. Your sun sign is far from being a definitive factor in your personality/being. A well made chart should place the planets, sun, & moon EXACTLY where they were the moment you were born. If you don't have the exact info, it won't be an accurate chart. Most say you don't need to be exact, but I disagree.

If you believe in that kind of thing.

So basically all the astrology stuff that you read and hear about all the time are just massive generalisations even with all the different houses, ascendants...and all the other horoscope technical language involved?

And by the way she lives approximately 2 minutes drive from where I live. Well assuming she was born there. When I was at primary school I was aware that she lived in that same house. C'mon you can't get more exact in location than that can you?!

As for exact time of birth, I have no clue. And I don't really fancy planning on asking her haha.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 22:33:32 by Gbob » Logged
Stookie
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 16:20:53 »

So basically all the astrology stuff that you read and hear about all the time are just massive generalisations even with all the different houses, ascendants...and all the other horoscope technical language involved?

In my opinion they are. Because even just a few minutes off, or a few extra degrees in longitude or latitude can sometimes put a planet in a different house. I had to look up the exact minute I was born because of the big discrepancies in being just a few minutes off. However I don't really use astrology at all, it was at a time when I wanted to learn everything I possibly could. I learned Tarot at the same time. Both seem to be tools to help when combined with other things, but by themselves have too much superstition and generalization attached.

And by the way she lives approximately 2 minutes drive from where I live. Well assuming she was born there. When I was at primary school I was aware that she lived in that same house. C'mon you can't get more exact in location than that can you?!

Yeah, but like I said, there are lots of other factors. Including how your family raised you and traits passed from them. Even twins, while many are close and even think similarly, have their differences. But you can't get any closer than twins. (My best friend just had twins over the weekend. Well, his wife did...)
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 16:20:53 »

Vitruvian
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:20:59 »

that we're born on exactly the same day yet we're like polar opposites. Surely, in the realm of astrology there must be a reason for this.
Hi Gbob,
Astrology practioners would hold that the same factors influenced you two at the moment of your births. Not generalizations, influences. It's a common misconception that somehow these influences will give people of the same sign the same personality. For example a (sun sign) Leo is supposed to be generous, but this trait will manifest differently in different people.
Regards,
Vitruvian
PS - And (SPOILER) because they are influences (only) nothing is written in stone; we, all of us, have the capability to transcend any negatives indicated in our charts.
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 23:13:18 »

Very true.  That's why, when you see and astrologer they will often tell you more about the kind of energies that effect you during particular times and how you might best handle them.  As opposed to what your full personality profile is. 

I work with psychics, and I have to make natal charts (not by hand, I have software) for people who come get readings from our astrologer and she's told me many times that the time is very important because it determines the house you were born in and that can have a HUGE difference.  When I have to input someone's info and they don't have the time, the astrologer basically says forget the whole thing, she'll just write it out because the one the computer makes won't really be accurate enough to matter. 

"...but the universe is a slippery fish"

Projecting Consciousness - My Projection Journal

Shades.Of.Consciousness - Consciousness & The Human Condition
Valkry
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 19:23:00 »

Gbob,

Your ascendant (determined by the time of birth) is equally important to your sun and moon signs.

I won't even look at a chart if I don't know the time of birth. You need to know what house the planets are in otherwise you only have what the energy is, and not where that energy is directed.
kurtykurt42
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 19:51:59 »

I have never used tarot cards or Astrology before... They sound interesting though!  cheesy

Personally I find technology to be more reliable.  grin
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: