The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 02, 2020, 09:03:44

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trance laughter  (Read 2117 times)
Ferreus
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2004, 22:59:59 »

Many times now I've reached a trance state and then suddenly been snapped out of it by a bout of laughter that seems to have no cause. I will literally laugh out loud as though I had just seen or heard something hilarious.

This is not really a problem to me as I've managed to trance without laughing when I try. It is more of a curiosity. I haven't heard or read of any similar cases but I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar or has any ideas as to what might be causing it.
Tyciol
Astral Energy 5

Astral Avenger

84128812 tycio@live.ca
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 00:05:40 »

I often laugh at strange things... is it possible you're not entirely blanking your mind? A lot of things about meditating can be seen as humourous.

Anyway, as long as it's not desperate insanity laughing, or despair sob laughing, laughing is great for you, so I wouldn't worry.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 00:05:40 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

hypnotist1
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 06:43:14 »

Hi Tyciol,

I'm a Certified Hypnotist and we call that Emotional Outlet.  In a light to medium trance the emotions come to the surface.

Some will laugh or giggle, others will dos and turn or get fidgety. That is normal.

Some will cry also in that state the subconscious surfaces closer to the surface and it releases this emotions.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Frank (hypnotist1)
Tyciol
Astral Energy 5

Astral Avenger

84128812 tycio@live.ca
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 07:35:29 »

No need to tell me qualifications, it's not like we can prove them on the net anyway! Smiley Thank you for your help, I'd actually like to learn more about hypnotism (and yes I know the person has to be willing for it to be effective, so self-hypnosis might be neat). Do you know any websites about it?
narfellus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 18:23:38 »

I'd love to go to a hypnotist myself. I have trouble meditating, and i think it might be a useful catalyst to help me along.

If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 18:23:38 »

Tyciol
Astral Energy 5

Astral Avenger

84128812 tycio@live.ca
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 03:52:56 »

Self hypnosis would be cheaper to learn in the long run, though I'm not sure about effectiveness as you'd have to remain partially conscious to give yourself instructions, unless you were listening to a recording of your own voice.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: