The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 04, 2020, 16:07:59

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction from newbie  (Read 1607 times)
Nagual
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2003, 15:24:19 »

Welcome to the AP forum Leah! [|)]

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
shaman
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 17:00:00 »

Bonjour Leah...

bienvenue sur le forum....

I am a bit at the opposite, as I grew up not very far from where you are right now and am in the US for a little while...

I d'like to hear more about your experiences. For me animals deserve to be treated in much better ways that they are treated, the problem of course is that human is not even treating human humanely.. but that's another story. Anyhow, I am vegetarian, as my avatar (picture) depicts.

The gadgets on the forum... yes everyone is like inspector gadget II here...

Shaman the Dreamer

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to it
(native american proverb)

The time will come when men will look upon the murder of animals as
they look upon the murder of men
(Leonardo da Vinci)

For as long as space endures
And for as long as sentient beings remain,
May I also abide
To relieve the suffering of living beings.
(A prayer by Shantideva that His Holiness The Daila Lama recites every day)

I do feel that spiritual progress does demand that at some stage
we should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction
of our bodily wants
(Mahatma Gandhi)
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 17:00:00 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Nagual
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 06:31:14 »

I love animals too; but I am no vegetarian since I love plants too... [|)]
Everyone eats each other to survive, that's the way nature works... [B)]
Now, the problem is in moderation/respect, or the lack of it. [V]

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Nick
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 14:03:16 »

Hi Leah,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse! [Smiley] There are a lot of good people here and there is a much good information that is shared. It interested me that you are involved in animal communication. We recently had a couple of topics on this. You might like reading the following thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5968

Looking forward to reading more of your posts, and your participation in our forums.

Very best,

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
shaman
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 15:08:09 »

Naqual,

I love plants too.

I grow plants and I feel fine at eating them.

However, if you give me a knife and an animal to eat, I will not be able to slaughter the animal, as the animal form is too close to the human form it really hurts me and I can feel the pain of the animal. The plants however are so different that I can hardly imagine how they suffer, even if they do. So that's why I do not eat animal. And if I would eat them, then why eating cows and chicken but not eating dogs and cats and squirels? So I found easier to not eat them and that's it. We can survive without meat and without fish, not a big deal. but don't underestimate me, if it is a question of life or death, a question of survival, then I will eat them. But for the moment it is not.

By the way, you wrote the "way nature works", be carefull as nature is not always very human! and even sometimes the nature is going against itself if I might say. That's another reason not to eat animals.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 15:08:09 »

SqueezetheShaman
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 17:17:34 »

Hey everyone Smiley first post here...shaman, what about the studies done by clyde backster, which indicates plants feel pain and react to the pain, and to the anticipation to it. I in no way am trying to be argumentative, totally said in friendly conversation. Smiley does that make you wonder if it is even ok to eat plants?
shaman
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 18:23:35 »

Hey there!!

Yes I have thought about plants and how they might feel. But there is no more option left... I cannot eat rocks...with water to dilute them... and also as I wrote their life form is so different that I do not suffer as much when I kill a plant as if I had to kill a dog. The animals are physically very close and have even facial expression.. ;which is not the case for the plants. It happens that I have to kill insects, and even then I do not feel too confortable at doing it, but otherwise I will be infested with bugs and might even get all kind of dangerous sickness (lime desease comes from deer ticks, etc...). So knowing how we human are treating the nature so badly, I only try to do my best, and that's as far as I can try.

The studies I have heard is that plants react to how we handle them, but how do we now they are "screaming" and "suffering"? They surely have broken chemical bounds when we cut them, and these bounds can produce heats and maybe induce tiny electric currents and electromagnetic waves. However, they do not have a nevours cental system or any other system of ganglions similar to animal and insect respectively. So they do respond to what we do to them, but I am not sure if there response is as bad as for a human. If you pull the arm of a human off, the chance are that that person will die pretty soon. you can cut a plant and it will continue as if nothing happened. Even more, if you put that cut part in water it will grow rooths and continue to live. So the plant realy dies when you cook it or eat it. And the system that can transport information from one part of the plant to another is pretty slow, so that I do not think that the plant really suffer, and if it does is soooooo different than what we can experience as advanced bilogical machines.

It seems however that our thoughts can influence how a plant grow. It seems to me that when we thinkg of plants with good thoughts it grows better than if we feel that plant bother us. Though I still have to experiment to check if it can be proven.

Cheers,
Shaman The Dreamer
WalkerInTheWoods
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 18:40:46 »

Welcome, Leah! That is a cool skill you have. Do you know exactly how you are able to communicate with animals?

All things must feed off of other things in order to live. That is the way it is on Earth. The only way to escape this is to not eat and die, but that is hardly the solution. I see nothing wrong with eating animals, but I am still kind of uneasy about it. What is wrong is mistreating animals in order to eat them by forcing them to live in terrible conditions and then making their death an unpleasant ordeal by hanging them upside down and slitting their throats. Animals should be honored, not mistreated.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.
Leah
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 11:08:01 »

Hi, I just joined here, and thought I would introduce myself!
I am a woman, wife and mother of three, american, living in France for the last 13 years or so. A colorful and crazy past with a lot of psychic and strange phenomena around me, which seemed to awaken intensely about eight years ago- taken me through a lot of roads- you name it, I've probably experienced it!

Much of it turned around contact with astral entities of several sorts, and experiences merging consciousness with animals, and has now lead me to working as an "animal behaviorist" mostly with horses and dogs at the moment- though this is not an accurate term, as I actually work more on the owners! In any case, communication between humans and animals is the basic focus of my self consciousness experience at this time, and I don't usually let clients know the extent my communication goes.....need a place to share the mystical parts with others that share that interest!

I think it will take me a while to figure out how to use all these gadgets here, looks like fun!

Looking forward to sharing and exchanging with you all!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: