The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 02:03:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joanna Lumley on reincarnation  (Read 700 times)
Kirkland
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 28, 2012, 20:34:50 »

Just thought I'd share this after finding it in the newspapers this morning  grin

Joanna Lumley says she does not fear death, thanks to her strong belief in reincarnation.
She has even claimed she 'might have been a boy in the First World War' during a visit to a battle site.
The actress said she 'recognises places' from visits in her previous lives, adding that an 'immense calm' she felt in Ypres, Belgium, led her to believe she may have fought there as a young soldier.
She also said she feels 'tremendous' and 'very positive' about her own death.
She said: 'I don't think anybody should be scared of dying.'
In an interview, Lumley told a Sunday magazine: 'I have been here before.
'I recognise places. When I visited Ypres I felt an immense calm.
'I think I might have been a boy in the First World War.'

The 66-year-old former Bond girl, best known for her portrayal of louche fashion director Patsy in the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous, was born and raised in India and the Far East before becoming an actress.
Her opinions on death reflect the philosophy of the regions where she spent her formative years. 'Be no more afraid of dying than you are of going to sleep,' she said.
'Every day is a pattern. You are born in the morning, you live through the day and when you put your head on the pillow that is your death.'

Hailed as a 'Nepalese national treasure' for her campaign for immigration rights for Gurkhas who have fought for Britain, Kashmir-born Miss Lumley has enjoyed a glittering four-decade acting career.
The former model turned Bond girl has starred in 30 movies and over 40 television shows, and is the proud recipient of three Baftas and an OBE.

The comments are the latest philosophical pronouncements from the veteran actress, who last week admitted she is a despot who could never stand as an MP as she does not ‘really believe in democracy’.
‘I believe in a benevolent despotism. I’m a despot,' she told Australian media.
'I will say what is good for you and it will be good and it will be kind but I can’t have argue, argue, argue, argue, argue.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150927/Joanna-Lumley-tells-does-fear-death--believes-WWI-boy-soldier-previous-life.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: