The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 17, 2017, 10:35:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Occulus Rift lets dying woman take final walk outside  (Read 3957 times)
Lionheart
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:30:27 »

I wonder, could a device like this create a NP focus so strong that you actually do AP while using it? I'm sure we will hear more about this in the future.

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/oculus-rift-lets-dying-woman-final-walk-outside-194210990.html;_ylt=At5UGcSyPvZcP7v1CEPgdY8mhvZ_;_ylc=X3oDMTd1ZWYybmlhBF9TAzIxNDY4NjI2MzAEYWN0A3RodW1ibGluawRjY29kZQNudWxsBGN0A3N0YW5kYXJkBGVkAzEEaW50bAN1cwRpdGMDMARscG9zAzAEbWNvZGUDQWdCVFV0b1FBRmwvRUFCckJoQUFJdEVRQUczUgRtaWQDdGQEbXBvcwMxBHBrZwNpZC0zNDc1Mzk4BHBrZ3QDMQRwb3MDMzEEc2VjA3RkLWZlYQRzbGsDV29tYW4mIzM5O3MgdmlydHVhbCB3YWxrBHRhcgNodHRwczovL2dhbWVzLnlhaG9vLmNvbQR0ZXN0AwR2ZXJzaW9uA2xlZ28Ed29lAzEyNzgxODA0;_ylg=X3oDMTBhYWM1a2sxBGxhbmcDZW4tVVM-

This a comment from a woman named Fryeindustries2002. I thought it was interesting.

"Fryeindustries2002
 The Oculus Rift is so amazing! It's the next big thing. You can get the developer kit all in total for $500. It is definitely augmented reality. But the question is when you are standing or running or doing something physical in a game with this on over your head, how your perception around you in real life will be altered. & that is a hurdle that the Oculus Rift team is trying to figure out before rolling this bad boy out to the public to consumers and gamers. I have been following this Oculus Rift for a long time. I can't wait to see what happens in the future with it."

What do you think? Has anyone here used this device yet?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:51:56 by Lionheart » Logged
Allenrain
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:53 »

I think it would have been easier to put her on a wheel chair and rolled her outside. She seems frustrated with the whole thing....

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:53 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 17:38:59 »

It's a really great technology.

Jurgen Ziewe is in the process of programming an entire world for you to explore with this unit. 

http://vimeo.com/93016921

Tahira
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 18:16:41 »

Hi,

It's a really great technology. Jurgen Ziewe is in the process of programming an entire world for you to explore with this unit.  http://vimeo.com/93016921

just in case you don't know - there is already a entire world available to be explored with the rift - it's called SecondLife.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 23:24:05 »

Hi,

just in case you don't know - there is already a entire world available to be explored with the rift - it's called SecondLife.

There are a few, I know.

This one in particular I'm speaking about is being created by Jurgen, himself, for use in a projection-esque reality simulator.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 23:24:05 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: