The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 17, 2019, 06:44:03

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new way of projecting?  (Read 6598 times)
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2009, 11:38:20 »

Hi everyone. This morning I had an unusual experience. I was in bed, lying on my back, trying to relax and fall asleep again. I concentrated on the earhiss, and suddenly saw a very bright, quick flashing light, like a stroboscope. At the same time I felt a movement, like I moved out of my body very quickly and then back in again. I wasn't even that relaxed and I wasn't in a trance.
Did anyone else of you have a similar experience? I am also seeing these stroboscope lights every now and then when I meditate, but much shorter and less bright and I ignored them because I didn't think it meant something. I am going to try it again ofcourse and will keep you informed if I can take this further. smiley

Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson
Sadd-e Eskandar
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:28:47 »

Eariss? Do you mean, you start hearing it from out of nowhere and concentrate on "building" it up or you can create it out of thin air by pure will? Two days ago, I was lying on my bed and I tried to conjure the ear noise. It somehow worked but I gave up on it because it was taking too long  rolleyes.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:28:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Stookie
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 16:36:17 »

Robert Bruce talks about "strobing" in astral dynamics where you suddenly see a bright flash of light or series of them. He says it's a build up of energy in your crown chakra and it "pulses" it's way down through your brow chakra, causing the quick flash of light. While I've experienced it, I can't confirm whether that's the actual case or not.

A lot of times when I wake up in the morning I have crystal clear visions without being in a trance (other than waking grogginess), but I'm definitely in the physical, even moving my body. It can be so real that I open my eyes to prove to myself I'm not seeing it with my physical eyes. It's not a projection, but I'll call it a "stretching of awareness", where conscious awareness spans over more than 1 area of consciousness simultaneous. Maybe go as far to say "clairvoyance".
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 18:22:46 »

Eariss? Do you mean, you start hearing it from out of nowhere and concentrate on "building" it up or you can create it out of thin air by pure will? Two days ago, I was lying on my bed and I tried to conjure the ear noise. It somehow worked but I gave up on it because it was taking too long  rolleyes.

Well, it is probably not the earhiss you can hear when you try to project, but when I try to relax and concentrate on it I can hear this hiss in my right ear. It might as well be tinnitus. cheesy I think it is always there but I only hear it when I try to hear it. It calms me down when I listen to it so I can relax better. smiley

Sadd-e Eskandar
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 18:32:15 »

Well, it is probably not the earhiss you can hear when you try to project, but when I try to relax and concentrate on it I can hear this hiss in my right ear. It might as well be tinnitus. cheesy I think it is always there but I only hear it when I try to hear it. It calms me down when I listen to it so I can relax better. smiley

I hear that too under the same circumstances. Do you think someone can astral project using the earhiss? Is that what your technique is based on?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 18:32:15 »

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 18:45:54 »

Very interesting, a build up in energy. It didn't feel like that though, but it felt very tight where my third eye is so it could very well be.

A lot of times when I wake up in the morning I have crystal clear visions without being in a trance (other than waking grogginess), but I'm definitely in the physical, even moving my body. It can be so real that I open my eyes to prove to myself I'm not seeing it with my physical eyes. It's not a projection, but I'll call it a "stretching of awareness", where conscious awareness spans over more than 1 area of consciousness simultaneous. Maybe go as far to say "clairvoyance".

I sometimes see visions too but they are not too often crystal clear and also quite short. This time I only saw the stroboscope light and it really felt like for a moment I was out of my body. I hope it will happen again so I can experiment with it. smiley

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 18:57:17 »

I hear that too under the same circumstances. Do you think someone can astral project using the earhiss? Is that what your technique is based on?

I just know that some people use the earhiss to get into a trance when they try to project, I read in some posts. I am a complete beginner with projecting and so far I only had spontaneous OBE's. So this is not really a technique, but again something that happened spontaneously and I find it intriquing.

ancient_one
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 20:55:53 »

I just know that some people use the earhiss to get into a trance when they try to project, I read in some posts. I am a complete beginner with projecting and so far I only had spontaneous OBE's. So this is not really a technique, but again something that happened spontaneously and I find it intriquing.

Hi again Timandra-

From my experience that ear hiss you talk of can be a trigger of the needed level of consciousness to achieve OOBEs, even if they are rather spontaneous in nature as mine usually are. What I usually do in successful use of this as a trigger, is to make the hiss "behave" differently- or try to anyway.  It is similar to how you can change the frequency of the vibrations once they start.  I "think" the hiss higher, then lower. I make it louder, or softer, etc. Sometimes the hiss seems to hit the resonant frequency of a certain spot in my head that causes or at least enhances the beginning of the OOBE.

Ancient_one
My Other Reality Blog
http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/

My Alternative Energy Blog
http://greenalternativeblog.blogspot.com/
kailaurius
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 22:14:00 »

The ear hiss you mention sounds kind of similar to what Adrian mentions in The Triangle Method

Yamabushi
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 05:20:40 »

By ear-hiss, are you referring to the high-pitched "eee" sound in your cranium, like a television is turned on inside your head?
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 11:31:17 »

Hi again Timandra-

From my experience that ear hiss you talk of can be a trigger of the needed level of consciousness to achieve OOBEs, even if they are rather spontaneous in nature as mine usually are. What I usually do in successful use of this as a trigger, is to make the hiss "behave" differently- or try to anyway.  It is similar to how you can change the frequency of the vibrations once they start.  I "think" the hiss higher, then lower. I make it louder, or softer, etc. Sometimes the hiss seems to hit the resonant frequency of a certain spot in my head that causes or at least enhances the beginning of the OOBE.

Hi ancient one, thank you for your answer. I will certainly try it out, to influence the hiss. This morning I did the same as yesterday, concentrate on the earhiss and only if I do that, this stroboscope light starts, so it has definitely something to do with it. This time the lights were only at the sides of my "screen", very short and nothing happened...

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37:08 »

The ear hiss you mention sounds kind of similar to what Adrian mentions in The Triangle Method

Hi kailaurius. Yes it does, only the sound I hear is much higher, (I listened to my cd-player on pause) and it is always there, not only when I am relaxed.  smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:45:15 by Timandra » Logged

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 11:43:22 »

By ear-hiss, are you referring to the high-pitched "eee" sound in your cranium, like a television is turned on inside your head?

Hi Yamabushi, yes, that is probably a good description. I hear it more on the right side though. It reminds me of an apparatus that my brother had when I was 18, that you could use to test your hearing. He then said that most people couldn't hear above 18000 herz, but I could also hear 20000. And these high frequenties sounded like what I hear now.  smiley

Sadd-e Eskandar
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 15:41:12 »

Hi Yamabushi, yes, that is probably a good description. I hear it more on the right side though. It reminds me of an apparatus that my brother had when I was 18, that you could use to test your hearing. He then said that most people couldn't hear above 18000 herz, but I could also hear 20000. And these high frequenties sounded like what I hear now.  smiley

Funny. When I was younger, I used to hear it a LOT, at  very high intensities. It would start in the right ear then 'spread' to the left. Nowadays I don't hear it at much but I can use my will to imagine it and  somehow, it seems to take 'physical' form.

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 15:53:24 »

Hi Sadd-e Eskandar. What do you mean with it takes "physical" form? Do you mean you imagine the sound at first and then it becomes real, like you create it?

Yamabushi
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 19:02:31 »

Ok, very interesting!

In Hindu metaphysics this sound is called the nada-nadi shakti. To quote Sivaya Subramuniyswami:

Within the quantum level of consciousness there originates a vibration, a steady vibration, that can be heard with the inner ear as a high-pitched "eeeee," as if a thousand vinas were playing, as if all the nerve currents in the astral body, physical body and the body of the soul were singing in harmony. It is a divine combination of the ida and pingala tones blended together in the sushumna.

And yes, this is the method I use to project as well.

YB
Sadd-e Eskandar
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 20:06:51 »

Hi Sadd-e Eskandar. What do you mean with it takes "physical" form? Do you mean you imagine the sound at first and then it becomes real, like you create it?

Yes. I can manifest it by will IF I focus hard on it. I find it a curious little thing so from time to time I will busy myself with it but I have never heard of this sound being a catalyst of a astral projection.
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 16:49:22 »

Ok, very interesting!

In Hindu metaphysics this sound is called the nada-nadi shakti. To quote Sivaya Subramuniyswami:

And yes, this is the method I use to project as well.

YB

I read a bit more about the nada nadi shakti on the internet, also very interesting. But I am still not sure if it is that, it still could be tinnitus... grin Because how can you tell the difference? Anyway, this morning I tried again to get the same experience as the first time, but it wouldn't work. I also tried to change the hiss, like ancient one said but it didn't work either. I will just keep on practicing... Until then I just have to do with the spontaneous projections, and I'm okay with that.  smiley

Yamabushi
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 20:14:14 »

I read a bit more about the nada nadi shakti on the internet, also very interesting. But I am still not sure if it is that, it still could be tinnitus... grin Because how can you tell the difference? Anyway, this morning I tried again to get the same experience as the first time, but it wouldn't work. I also tried to change the hiss, like ancient one said but it didn't work either. I will just keep on practicing... Until then I just have to do with the spontaneous projections, and I'm okay with that.  smiley

If you have hearing loss as well, it's probably tinnitus. If you don't, it's probably not.
Sadd-e Eskandar
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 00:00:38 »

Yeah, I thought about that "hearing loss" when I began having the 'hiss'. Actually, I don't remember a  year without having it appear at least once. I ruled out that problem because my hearing capacity is perfect. I even hear perfectly from great distances and with detriments.
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 10:46:14 »

Well, I'm not sure if I do have a hearing loss. I have always thought that my hearing was above average, but to be sure I will have it tested, I'm curious now.  smiley

Kitarist
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 12:34:14 »

I rode somewhere that every 2nd or 3rd people can hear the "hiss" sound in their head Smiley)

I could do that when i was small and the interesting was that when i was a kid i could control my dreams at will. For example if i was thinking about my cartoon superhero before i went to sleep i had a dream about it and kinda had control of it.

The hiss is really interesting and why some people have it.
mo
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 18:52:11 »

i'm actually still thinking everyone hears the hiss. not? who here doesnt? they'll tell us Wink
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: