The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 25, 2020, 01:13:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A service to the community?  (Read 1473 times)
steveb
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: May 08, 2002, 10:11:17 »

Greetings Spawn, I'm having problems uderstanding your post.

Spawn :         People who happen to be suicidal and have an NDE have a significantly lower chance than those who don't.

When you say, "a lower chance" , a lower chance of what.

Regards  Steve

Rob
Astral Energy 5

23969315 ingumar@hotmail.com oatinguma
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 18:56:38 »

Great idea - what are you waiting for!
What kinds of things will you put on though?
Remember if you do do a website, to think: if you were suisidal, what would you type into a search engine?....the more people that see it the better.

good luck!
Rob

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 18:56:38 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 09:43:40 »

Suicide is usualy the result of severe depression so you might want to catch those people who are depressed - before they get to the point where they contemplate suicide as by that time it's very hard to pull them back ie; a 'depression'     "school, program, web-site, etc."

spawn968
Astral Energy 1

spawn968
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 03:04:04 »

sorry, Steveb, I meant to say they have a lower chance of attempting suicide again.  As for Inguma and Tia, thanks for the ideas.  I'd hope to be able to help one-on-one, including e-mail, but I see two problems.  One, I might get an avalanche in e-mails.  This is would be good, as people are taking interest, but if I can't respond in a prompt and timely way, they might think I have no interest, and I don't want them to lose even more hope.  The other, more pronounced problem, is that I have yet to have a consciose exit.  It kind of cuts down on the advice section.  I don't know.  I'd like to, but I have to think about it.
                                                                          Spawn968

spawn968
Astral Energy 1

spawn968
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 02:32:23 »

Okay, I've been pondering this for some time now... People who happen to be suicidal and have an NDE have a significantly lower chance than those who don't.  These experiences compel them to realize they're part of a bigger thing.  I know, I know, it sounds like a motivational poster, but hopefully you see how true it is.  So, I've been tossing the idea around of starting a school, program, web-site, etc. with the purpose of offering personalized help to suicidal patients in the hopes of giving them hope.  What are your thoughts, as I'm still tossing mine around in my head.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2002, 02:32:23 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: