The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 11, 2017, 09:40:54

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alarm Clock Method  (Read 1039 times)
-JD-
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:13:17 »

So just say I usually go to bed at 1am.

For this method to work, am I supposed to set the alarm for say... 1:30am, then 2:10am, then 2:30am, etc?

horaciocs
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:40 »

The alarm is supposed to make you experience a larger number of trance episodes in one night by partially waking you up repeatedly. Every time you wake up, you won't be fully conscious from the start, you be very relaxed and a bit disoriented. From there, you can deepen this state as you wish and, if you fall asleep, there will be a new wake up call in 20-30 min to give you another chance to deepen your trance consciously.

So make it go off in 20-30min intervals for starters (you might fall asleep very oftenly). There's no need to say that, by using this method, you won't have any experiences last longer than the alarms' intervals, so if you look for longer experiences after mastering the 20-30min interval, then make it progressively longer until you don't need the alarm clock anymore.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:30:52 by horaciocs » Logged

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I've created a blog of some sort: http://pursuingconscience.blogspot.com/
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:40 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Koyaanisqatsi
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 13:31:23 »

Guys this is torture! Waking up many times on a one night basis?! Woo i can't do that! This is MADNESS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qR0Uke2XNI
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 18:28:05 »

Guys this is torture! Waking up many times on a one night basis?!
It's also not the best idea to train yourself to break your natural sleeping habits.
This can have very adverse side effects in the long run.

horaciocs
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 00:41:24 »

It's about the same idea as the forearm-up method, keeping you form going into deep sleep too soon.

I wouldn't go for it myself because I can't risk ruining my sleep (got to be wide awake at college) and because I share a room with my brother, who isn't quite found of the idea  tongue

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I've created a blog of some sort: http://pursuingconscience.blogspot.com/
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 00:41:24 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: