The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 05:19:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astral projection and fear  (Read 7405 times)
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2010, 15:44:41 »

Hello all!

I am new on this forum and I am glad I discovered it! Looking forward to answers...

I have had astral experiences before (a few years back now). I have never really tried to go in the astral planes, it just happened, mostly just after meditation and before going for an afternoon nap... anyways.  I have had a few experiences that were more or less "meaningless" (that is me just going out of the body and wondering around space and just observing without having any "control" on what is going on), two that were positive and VERY meaningful to me (one during when I met with Ascended Master Kuthumi in a different dimension where I got to have a lesson with him and one when I "saw" myself in another life (I was black! smiley ).

Unfortunately, I also had other experiences that profoundly scared me.  One particular experience during which I could hear "demons" or beings of fear surrounding me... and they were so close to me and there was many of them (3 to 5 maybe?).  They were looking at me and talking to me in a language I could not understand... It was like I could hear them in my head. They were inducing fear. That took place in an airport (I was spending the night there and so I found a place where I was relatively alone to sleep... I started to sort of "shuffle" between body and out of body, like I was in the astral but wanting to stay in my body because I was scared.  I was conscious of what was going on in the astral but wasn't out there...

I had read about astral traveling before and I know that you should protect your space before you travel so you don't encounter or get "invaded" by unwanted energies. Because of that experience, it's like I tend to over do it.  And it seems that the more I protect myself, the more emphasis I put on the possibility that I could get invaded... I never feel "protected enough". Result is that I do not go into the astral anymore because of fear that something could happen, while I know that I could be experimenting with it much more because I have a facility to do it (and I consider myself blessed for that!)

I would really like to know if some of you have expereienced this before and how you came to overcome it.  Any tips and advice is welcomed! I really do want to have positive experiences again!! Smiley 

Thank you! 

Psilibus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 16:34:16 »

If you respond to the unknown with fear it is exactly that which you experience. Find courage instead. Put on a brave face. I do not believe you can be harmed. But then, that is my belief. You would have to believe the same. How do you do that?

I remember being a young child. I dreamed every night. I had "nightmares" that I can still recall today. I told my father of a dream which scared me significantly. He recommended  I embrace what I was scared of. Hug and hold the fear, love it and care for it. Demons (if there were such a thing) delight in terror. Feel sorry for them. They are the trapped ones bound to the lower realms trapped by THEIR fear. Show them pity. Cry for them. You yourself would then be in the position of power. I have not had a negative AP/OBE ever but I have been overwhelmed or unable to muster the appropriate strength for a particular event. Oh well.

Others may tell you to fight the demons, build armor, etc. Never done it, never needed it. Learn to raise your vibrations and elevate beyond the negativity.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 16:34:16 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 16:47:50 »

Thank you for your quick response!

I understand what you are saying.  I do wish to elevate my vibrations as you say.

It confused me that one time I have met with an ascended master whose frequecy is very high an another time, with lower, negative beings.  How can my vibrations fluctuate that much?  Can I become more consistent? 

Cheers!
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 16:57:07 »

Develop emotional control.

some kind of regular practice is helpful, like meditation.

be awesome.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 17:09:15 »

Ah, develop THOUGHT control... and the emotional control will come with it.
For if you control your thoughts, you also control your emotions.

~Ryan Smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 17:09:15 »

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 17:25:39 »

nope nope nope.

thoughts are mind, emotions are body.

two different interconnected worlds, but they are not necessarily dependent on eachother.

though i would still say that emotional control will bring thought control.

be awesome.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 17:37:07 »

nope nope nope.

thoughts are mind, emotions are body.

two different interconnected worlds, but they are not necessarily dependent on eachother.

though i would still say that emotional control will bring thought control.
I respectfully disagree.  Smiley

They're both part of *you*.
I find that as long as I control my thoughts, my emotions are easily kept in check.

That's because thoughts generally invoke emotional responses.
Emotions don't require any particular thought to be engaged.

~Ryan Smiley

liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 18:41:42 »

Hello all,

Thank you for your contribution. 

I have meditated a lot and I am familiar with the concepts of thoughts and emotions... it's not really the level of information I am seeking. 

I know that many people experience fear during astral projection and they become terrified of repeating such experiences. While reading on different forums, you will quickly notice that a lot of first experiences are painfully scary. 

As far as I'm concerned, I KNOW that I can have positive experiences because I have had some in the past but I'm having a hard time because of fears experienced in past AP.  I WILL overcome them but your HELP may help.

I would therefore like to hear from "more experienced" astral travelers who have experienced fear during their AP career who would be willing to share tips on how to overcome them.   

The more I protect myself, the more vulnerable I feel. Advice?

Thank you!!
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 18:51:23 »

Psilibus says: "I remember being a young child. I dreamed every night. I had "nightmares" that I can still recall today. I told my father of a dream which scared me significantly. He recommended  I embrace what I was scared of. Hug and hold the fear, love it and care for it. Demons (if there were such a thing) delight in terror. Feel sorry for them. They are the trapped ones bound to the lower realms trapped by THEIR fear. Show them pity. Cry for them. You yourself would then be in the position of power. I have not had a negative AP/OBE ever but I have been overwhelmed or unable to muster the appropriate strength for a particular event. Oh well."

Thank you for this tip. I have tried this before. When doing this, I realized that I was still feeding them with energy. Even though it wasn't fear, I acknowledged their existence by showing empathy and compassion and they knew that I was sensible to them afterwards. What has worked best in the past is a total consciousness shifts (going from spending energy on "dealing" with them (positively or negatively) to not even thinking about them because they are not even in my consciousness.  That took time though and I realize that even if I have succeeded, I am still afraid of AP because this is where we met....  undecided
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 19:00:19 by liveandlove » Logged
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 19:04:21 »

Hello all,

Thank you for your contribution. 

I have meditated a lot and I am familiar with the concepts of thoughts and emotions... it's not really the level of information I am seeking. 

I know that many people experience fear during astral projection and they become terrified of repeating such experiences. While reading on different forums, you will quickly notice that a lot of first experiences are painfully scary. 

As far as I'm concerned, I KNOW that I can have positive experiences because I have had some in the past but I'm having a hard time because of fears experienced in past AP.  I WILL overcome them but your HELP may help.

I would therefore like to hear from "more experienced" astral travelers who have experienced fear during their AP career who would be willing to share tips on how to overcome them.   

The more I protect myself, the more vulnerable I feel. Advice?

Thank you!!
Hi there Smiley

In my opinion, the reason that people have scary and fearful projections is mainly because of the thought/emotional energy they put forth into their projections.  These thoughts and emotions you're projecting is the FUEL for your astral environment.  Controlling these will control what you experience.

Realize one of the major rules of the Astral... Thought = Direct Action.
In essence, what you experience will be DIRECTLY related to what your thoughts and emotional state at the time.

Try giving these two posts/threads a read.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/any_dangers_having_obe-t2629.0.html;msg17571#msg17571
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/negs_real_entities_or_just_old_fears-t1535.0.html;msg9738#msg9738

I believe that they will help ease your fears and will reinforce my opinion on thoughts/emotions.

~Ryan Smiley

Psilibus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 00:21:33 »

Xanth, always with the spot on links. That is why I am trying Franks methods. His experiences are so similar to mine. The understanding you come away with after successful journeys really helps to solidify these beliefs. I can't say there are no negative entities or energy draining creatures. I can say that I have never encountered anything that I did not feel incapable of dealing with.

I am, unfortunately, not a world traveler. I have traveled around the United States and parts of Canada. When I took a trip to Mexico with my wife I found myself in a "foreign" land. Few spoke English and my high school Spanish was rusty. There were moments of "fear" perhaps, dealing with the unknown, adjusting to the different customs, traversing the different environment all while being seen as a "tourist". It took less than a day and I was having full conversations, laughing and ordering "mas margaritas, por favor!" It was a great trip. I had to push through that fear of the unknown. I learned from my mistakes. There were no drug cartel murderers threatening me or kidnappers waiting around the corner. I made friends who looked forward to my wife and I visiting at the beach. It would have been a much different vacation if I had let my paranoia and fear keep me from seeking out the newer and better experiences.
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 15:01:16 »

First, thanx Ryan for the great posts!  smiley 

Psilibus: I really like your Mexico story! See, I AM a world traveler and last year, I decided to "push my limits" and off I went, along with my backpack, for a month in Mexico (solo women traveling for a month on "many off the beaten tracks" including sleeping at a stranger's house in the jungle cheesy). I found that I was so confident in myself and in life that other travelers would often want to follow me in my trip.  I have met many people who asked me how could I not be scared and when I answered: "why should I be?" they just thought I had an "out of this world positive attitude"  cheesy  This trip has taught me a lot on letting go, being positive, living in the now and it has reminded me in a very concrete way that you create your reality.

This trip has helped me in many ways, but I did not know that it would help me make peace with AP  smiley

Thanks for sharing your story as it has reminded me about mine!

Cheers!

P.S. Other advice is welcomed!!!
jub jub
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 15:41:01 »

My belief is, regardless of how positive you are emotionally and spiritually, you will at some time encounter a negative entity. How you deal with it is what's important.

I somewhat agree with Psilibus but, I wouldn't go so far as to love the neg or cry for it. Rather, I would look at it as just another entity with an attitude and ignore it. If you realize it can't hurt you, then that knowledge should give you a feeling of superiority over the neg. When I encounter one I just look at and say, "What the f**k is your problem?" And walk away, or fly or whatever. They feed on fear so don't give them any fear on which to feed!

Did you ever see the movie 300? The Spartans knew they faced an inevitable death but they remained brave until the end. Be a Spartan!

“A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others”  -  Charles Darwin
Stookie
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 15:53:49 »

Good post Jub Jub. Remaining passive and not emotionally reacting is tricky, but I think it's the simplest solution to that situation.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 15:59:19 »

Good post Jub Jub. Remaining passive and not emotionally reacting is tricky, but I think it's the simplest solution to that situation.
I'll definitely second that.

In my opinion, learning to "not emotionally react" is one of the more important skills to learn.
This is one of the skills you actually practice while living your physical life.

For example... say someone cuts you off while you're driving... don't get angry at the time.  They don't care that you're angry... they might actually enjoy the fact that they ticked you off.  Getting angry here is a complete waste of your energy... just accept that something happened that you can't change and move on with your day.

This is what I practice on a constant basis now.
Actually, it's funny, but because I can react rather neutrally regarding these kinds of situations... it actually angers my gf when she can't get me mad.  ROFL  Irony!  Smiley

~Ryan Smiley

liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 17:12:13 »

Yup, I know what you mean.  Another way of viewing it is to learn to master your emotions in order to better direct your energy instead of having external factors control how you feel... to live your emotions instead of undergoing them. 

jub jub
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 17:25:04 »

Good point Xanth! Getting control over your emotions in the physical definetely carries over into the Astral.

“A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others”  -  Charles Darwin
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 19:03:07 »

It's really incredible to see how so many people experience AP... I thought I was so special  cheesy  I'm glad I found this forum... I had never imagined being able to share my thoughts on this so openly.  Thank you all for your insights!  smiley

I will try to go in the astral again this weekend.  I'll prepare for it by meditating everyday until then and by rising my frequency.  I've already started.  Feels weird.

I've got other questions regarding AP. Do you consider other dimensions as being part of the astral? I have mentionned earlier that I have met Ascended Master Kuthumi in one of my astral experiences. It didn't look at all like what a lot of people describe when they AP... For ex. I couldn't have done the "card thing" as I wasn't even in the same dimension... durint that experience,  I found myself goint upwards in the skies, following a sort of spiral of bright white light. It went really fast and at one point, I was "somewhere" but it was really "a space", nothing tangible. I thought it was a sacred temple.  It was just pure white light and there were what looked like stars (but closer yet small) and different layers of colors (purple, blue, pink and green) I could not SEE but I could hear and I clearly heard Kuthumi's name.

Any views on that experience?

Thanx again!  smiley
midix
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 19:07:36 »

Hi all,
I am a bit new here, I haven't had OBEs or APs yet, but I've had lots of LDs and some vivid and exciting dreams, and also sleep paralysis sometimes. So I can only tell about my experience with my nightmares.

Sleep paralysis is scary for me only if I wake up at night. When I wake up at morning, it is just weird, but not scary - I guess that is because then I see my room clearly, and my subconscious has that secure feeling that no imagined monster can lurk in the dark. Anyways, I guess that is the reason why people should prefer trying OBEs and APs in the morning - it would feel secure to start your travel from some lighter place than from darkness.

I have read about that "love your fear" thing and I have tried it in a nightmare. When I became lucid (unaware of my sleeping body though) I decided to try to love my nightmare because it was just my imagined monsters. I stopped running away and started rising loving feeling inside me, and suddenly my dream vision improved, and I saw that there really are no monsters at all. I am not sure, what happened, but it helped me.

A weird story: when I was a kid and haven't heard anything about APs (but I have had a lots of LDs already then) and when becoming lucid in a nightmare, I tried to do something impossible in a normal physical reality - I tried to push my dream hand into my dream head. I REALLY have no idea, why I did so, it somehow was some quick idea that it could help. After this trick I woke up happy that I escaped my nightmare, so I repeated this trick many times.

But then one night after this trick I suddenly heard some kind of inner voice that told me "Don't do that", and I got a feeling that it is bad to push fingers into head, and then my nightmare became even worse. So I did not do that any more and had to invent some other methods to fight nightmares.

Has anyone any idea, why it would be not wise to put my fingers into my head in a dream?  grin
joe1000
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 14:42:39 »

I havnt read all posts but i have had a significant amount of astral travel experience and went through a stage of strong fear... meaning id be afraid to go to sleep in case it happened. also the whole protection thing and everything. your experiences are very similar.

heres how i got over it

What you realize is that there is a great deal to explore and the potential to gain profound teachings. Firstly I would like to tell you about the Gnostic movement. They really helped me get over my fear, im blessed for having the opportunity to attend their courses. By the way this is a not for profit organization that emphasizes proof over creating a belief system and all courses are free.

Ok now then, so I confronted these negative entities, they are persistent but the more you confront them the more used to it you get. Its like for example if you were a cave man, you've never seen modern civilization and then you’re dumped in the middle of a bustling city you get scared you fear that experience. but once you spend enough time their you realize that cars, trains etc are all part of the environment. ive confronted a bunch of negative entities and now they are just a nuisance when before i literally used to stay awake at night worrying. ive been attack taken blows bites pokes and prods and I realized non of it can hurt me, im damned invincible except for the power  i used to give them through fear! now i see one and i avoid them simply because they distract me and i loose the experience. i was attacked the other day and i through this thing off a building no problem, its just so easy these days because they are like birds or insects, their everywhere but your not going to hide in your room because of a them because you know they cant hurt you. if you confront the situation enough you will realize that and then the fear is gone. you will look back and think my god! it would have been a shame if i didnt realize this and continued with my limiting fear. fear is the harm they cause! by the way thats all i know... I avoid them simply because im there to gain teachings and they waste my time. ive never had dealings with any and never want to, obviously i advise against it by the way the gnostic movement courses provide effective weapons to be used against them in the astral as well as to prevent attacks in the first place. GET OUT THERE... dont waste this opportunity, dont let these them stop you! 

Ps. Link to the Gnostic movement:   http://www.gnosticawakenings.com/

Don't pass this by! free 9 week group workshops in person or online.

http://www.gnosticawakenings.com/

not for profit organization

free in-depth courses:
-How to astral travel.
-Gnostic meditation.
-Advanced practices.
-Teachers courses.
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 19:01:28 »

Thanks for your response! I'm glad you understand.
I'll check out the gnostic movement website. Never heard of it before. 
Free training sounds great!  grin
Cheers!
Psilibus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 11:41:06 »

joe1000 -

LOL

Esoteric spam, AND - "not for profit". Don't drink their kool-aid.

Im sure its a great site and all but is spamming really necessary? Really, "joe1000", your post had some effort put into it. Why blow it with SPAM. Oh, I know, it shows you really care. Do you know how many websites tout the same thing only under different names?

I like to spam links to free online books if it is on topic but....

liveandlove - There really stands a better chance of on topic "training" right through this site here and the readings recommended by other posters, unless, of course, you are specifically interested in the "Gnostic Movement". If thats the case then - ENJOY!
liveandlove
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 15:08:07 »

Hey Psi,

Thanks for the cue!  I'm not really shopping for a new religion so I guess I'll check it out without feeling I have to devote to the movement whole heartedly, if you know what I mean... I haven't really looked deeply into it, but at the first glance, I don't see the harm...

I'll also check out the training section of the site... I've started to read Frank Kepple's resources, so that's a start!! Smiley

Psilibus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 16:34:41 »

Yeah I'm not trying to knock Gnosticism. I have read many books from that train of thought. I perused that website a while ago and felt the vibe to be a little strange. Anyone who makes things sound so easy is selling snake oil. But like I said, the philosophy and practices should be very sound. I have a copy of the Nag Hammadi and read it many years ago. Thick stuff but then so is the Zohar.

I don't want to steer anyone away from anything. We all got a right to our beliefs. I believe advertisement should not be included in posts because it delegitimizes what can be accomplished HERE.

Enjoy the day!
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 17:52:36 »

gosticism is cool.

before paul made paulianaity (you might know it as christianity), people practiced this wacky tradition where they didn't take stuff literally and recognized the effectiveness of metaphor.

for an easier take on gosticism read a book called "The Laughing Christ" and one called "Jesus and the Lost Goddess"

good books.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: