The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 28, 2020, 16:02:38

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Got The Vibrations, But No SP  (Read 1474 times)
M4RT1N
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2013, 20:10:46 »

I was laying in my bed without any pillows (just one pillow under my knees), I relaxed and then I started concentrating on my breathing and was noticing the blackness of my eyelids, I lost concentration a few times but I remained awake, after about 15 minutes I lost concentration again, I was almost dreaming, but then I heard a weird noise, I thought what's that ? where is that noise coming from ? and then I realised, I was snoring, then I stopped snoring and my body started feeling weird, then my legs started vibrating, I tried to relax but I couldn't, my neck was just hurting a lot maybe because I wasn't using a pillow. After a few minutes the vibration went away. I tried again, I think I got a pillow(maybe not)and then I tried to do it again, I got the vibrations but ummm I can't actually remember what happened next  huh, maybe I fell asleep ? So should I use a pillow ? If I do I might fall asleep but if I don't my neck might hurt. Also how long should i meditate before going to bed to try to AP ? and where should I try to AP on my bed i might fall asleep but on the floor my body might not fall asleep because it uncomfortable so no SP or if I do fall asleep someone might just walk into my room and just say wtf are you doing ? (happened more that once  sad) Also when I do get sleep paralysis what is a good way to get out ? Also when I get the vibrations should I try to get out while I'm vibrating or try to move the vibration around my body or just relax ? everyone says something different. Also I don't meditate much but this time I did for about 20 minutes in the evening and I got the vibrations for the first time ever so does meditating really make a big difference ? If so I think I'll start meditating much more often.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 20:24:33 by M4RT1N » Logged
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 20:49:21 »

People don't say that it's different... they just use different metaphors.

The 'paralysis' part isn't actually the most noticeable thing.. it's the sounds and vibrations.

The paralysis is actually put there by the medical institution because those who experience it out of the blue panic and realise they are paralysed.

We don't... because we are 'wanting' it so don't notice the trapped sensation.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 20:49:21 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

justin35ll
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 01:18:19 »

Bedeekin is right about the sleep paralysis thing, when I say I feel SP come on I am really referring to a feeling that feels like a shift in my awareness and I feel like I'm sinking into my bed. I am just assuming that is when SP comes on.

When I get vibrations I relax and let them grow more intense until I feel that shift. Once I feel it I usually can't hear or feel the vibrations anymore. From there I can just float away

So I would say when you get vibrations again, just relax and let them grow. You are really close
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:20:08 by justin35ll » Logged
Astralzombie
Astral Energy 5

Nothing is all bad and A through Z beats IAB.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 02:01:55 »

There is a ton of gold here already about "exiting" techniques. Tell us what you have tried so we can maybe narrow down the problems you are having.

Nobody wants to hear this but it's the truth, you're probably trying too hard. I understand though because the payoff is tremendous.

Don't give up. you'll make it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:10:21 by its_all_bad » Logged

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
M4RT1N
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 13:14:21 »

People don't say that it's different... they just use different metaphors.

The 'paralysis' part isn't actually the most noticeable thing.. it's the sounds and vibrations.

The paralysis is actually put there by the medical institution because those who experience it out of the blue panic and realise they are paralysed.

We don't... because we are 'wanting' it so don't notice the trapped sensation.

So when when I'm vibrating but i can still move my body I'm in "sleep paralysis" ?

So next time I'm vibrating I should just get out of my body and not wait for my body to fall asleep, or is my body already asleep but I can still move it huh
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 13:14:21 »

ChopstickFox
Astral Energy 4

Just curious!

chopstickfox@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 13:39:02 »

Chances are if you start moving you might make it stop. Your mindset is more important than exactly what your body is doing, though.

When I have had success, my mind has been disassociated from my body. I'm aware of it, but at that point I no longer am wiggling my toes and snuggling my blankets to get comfortable. As for when to move... when it actually happens, it feels like the easiest thing in the world. I feel myself rising or sinking and before I know it I'm out.

I have a bad habit of thinking too much. My most success has been when I'm not thinking much at all.

Hope that helps a bit

Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 19:44:57 »

So when when I'm vibrating but i can still move my body I'm in "sleep paralysis" ?

So next time I'm vibrating I should just get out of my body and not wait for my body to fall asleep, or is my body already asleep but I can still move it huh

Don't physically move... you will break the state. It is still a consciously imposed atonia (sp) although it can be easily broken because of movement.

It's more of an imagined deliberate movement. It feels physical and yet isn't physical in nature as in you aren't using muscles.

If you are familiar with the phantom limb sensation it is akin to this.
embrace
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:54 »

As you said, people might give you different advice, sometimes even contradictory, but what works best FOR ME is this: when I have vibrations, I try to intensify them. I found that most of the times it might be too early to perform any technique in the early stage of vibrations. To intensify the vibrations I use any visualization of physical movement without having any tension in my muscles. Running, climbing "the rope," spinning, rotating - anything that involves an imaginary muscle tension or imaginary movement intensifies vibrations. Once I feel like I'm all shaking (which I don't think happens for real), I know I'm ready to separate. At that point, separating is as easy as getting up from the bed.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: