The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 06, 2020, 12:53:27

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone offer advice?  (Read 2867 times)
Sanmari
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:33 »

This is a rather complicated situation, but I hope I can explain it well.

I'm 21 and have experienced sleep paralysis for years. The only time it ever happens is when I go to sleep very relaxed. The only time I go to sleep very relaxed is when I go to sleep soon after waking up. For example, in high school I'd get up at 7. I'd see school was canceled, so I stayed up a couple hours then go back to bed because I'm still sleepy.

It has happened everytime I've done that for years, it is why I don't take naps. I don't remember it happening in my childhood.

But I have a very specific kind of sleep paralysis which I want to STOP.

Usually when I'm laying in bed, I'm perfectly lucid. I realize I am in bed and what had happened before that. Usually I feel my body start to tingle and I can finally stand up.

Then there's a point of confusion, am I awake or asleep? Everything is fuzzy, not clear, so that's usually my first hint I'm asleep. I go on the internet or check my cell phone and see that it doesn't look like it does in real life, at that point I know I'm having an episode. So I shut my eyes really tight and I feel like I'm back in my body.

Then I wake up again. And again. And again.

It's incredibly frustrating. It's also quite scary. I see things that aren't there in real life, last time I believe there was a floating shoe beside my body. I hear people talking. I walk into other rooms and see dead relatives who seem to be oblivious to everything.

When I first started having sleep paralysis, I couldn't move at all which was much more frightening. But now that I can, it's even more frightening.

I believe in God but I'm not at all that spiritual. I don't want to see dead relatives or intimidating voices.

The last time this happened it seemed like I had been in and out for hours. Then I actually woke up, and looked at my phone. I had only been asleep for 15 minutes.

Is this sleep paralysis, astral projection?

How can I stop it?

Is there a way to stop the hallucinations?

Thank you for reading.
kurtykurt42
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:41 »

I seem to be the only one in this darn forum that has never had sleep paralysis...

If you really want it to stop then you will have to be willing to pay the price. Research, training, then more research... Or I guess you could maybe take some sleeping pills or something.  grin

The hallucinations are just your pineal / third eye 'seeing' into the spiritual realms.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:41 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Sanmari
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:52 »

Are the hallucinations actually representative of real things?

My father died a year ago, and I've only seen him once in situations like this. I've had dreams of him where he explained things to me about the afterlife, which gave me a lot of peace. In those dreams he was surrounded by light and acted like he did in real life. We hugged and he was with my grandmother, who is also dead.

When I saw him when this happens, I walk into the kitchen and see him smoking a cigarette and reading the paper. That's what he did in real life. He didn't say anything to me. I just walked into the other room and peaked at him, and it was so lifelike.

So are my dreams just wishful thinking, my mind comforting me? Is he actually still in the house at the kitchen table (which I have no evidence of) ?

Are they both processes of my mind and his reality is completely different?

That was probably the most traumatic thing, I'd rather not see him again like that.  undecided There was no emotion.
kurtykurt42
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:43:10 »

So, you're not very spiritual yet your father has spoken to you in the the higher spiritual realms (the place you go where you die)... Did he mention anything about the 4th density level or astral plane in his explanations to you about the afterlife?
Sanmari
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:22:01 »

When I saw my father in the dream, he was with my grandmother who died years earlier. She looked so full of light, completely beaming. He look surrounded by it, but more murky. He told me that he wasn't in pain anymore. I've felt guilty about his death before, he died from a complication from chemo. I always thought if I gotten him to the hospital sooner he would have lived.

But he told me that people do have a time to go, and it was his time. I had a dream after there where I watched him die from the cancer he had, and not quickly like he had gone. I saw every organ fail and him suffering.

I remember saying I'm sorry and him telling me (I'll paraphrase) "Sorry? What could you possibly be sorry about? I should be thanking you for being my daughter". He just seemed so happy, and full of gratitude.

I remember asking him if it's like what it says in the Bible, and he said no. He was a Christian when he was alive.

He was holding my grandmothers hand. She died years ago, and was my mother figure since I'm not close to my mother. I had such a hard time with her death when I was 12. Around the time I was 18, she began coming to me in dreams. In these dreams, I wouldn't realize she was dead until I woke up. Most of these were fun things. We'd go out driving, out to dinner, her and I going trick or treating together.

She told me she felt bad that she left me, and that she wouldn't go anywhere without me. I felt like there was a place for her to go but it would seperate us more, so I told her to go ahead. She said she wanted to wait for me. I remember realizing she was dead in a dream and us embracing and crying. She said "Heaven's not heaven without you". On my 20th birthday I remember I had a dream she left a note saying happy birthday, the dream was so real the first thing I did when I woke up was race to the kitchen to see if it was there.

We've had long spiritual talks, but I've forgotten it. All I remember is talking a lot, waking up to remember nothing but feeling like everything's okay. I'm pretty sure I've asked her everything about the afterlife. I wish I could remember.

But, I'm not really spiritual aside from this. In my teens, I went on a spiritual craze because I wanted to know what happened to my grandmother. That's where I learned about astral projection. But once I tried to open my third eye with third eye and chakra meditation, and I scared myself silly. After that, most things like that make me nervous.

So I'm really at a loss at what I'm supposed to do.

Thank you for replying btw, I'm sorry I typed so much!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:22:01 »

thirdeye26
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 13:13:50 »

You seem to be having  a real gift. I don't know why you don't want it. Since you have been given the gift, oughtn't you to research it, learn more about it, fine tune it, and control it. There is nothing to be scared of. I think you have the ability to astral travel, meet deceased loved ones, and learn important information from them.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 14:21:59 »

Hi there Sanmari!
Welcome to the forums.  Smiley

The sleep paralysis, nobody really knows *how* it happens... or why some people experience it.  So, at this point in time it's almost impossible to tell you how to go about solving it.  What we do know is that it's a great pre-cursor to projecting and a lot of people use it as a springboard to doing just that.

As for the dreams...
There's two ways of looking at it (probably more, but I digress).
First, it could be you trying to relieve your stress and guilt about what you're feeling.
Secondly, it could actually be your father trying to tell you that he's okay and you shouldn't worry about him anymore.  Smiley
I've had many similar dreams about the people close to me who have passed on.  I take'em as a sign that they're telling me they're okay.

May I inquire as to what you 'saw' or 'experienced' during that "Third eye meditation" you did?

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 16:00:41 »

You should really embrace your psychic sensitivity and go about some psychic development.  You've spontaneously gotten a glimpse at some that people train for years to achieve.  You've got a gift.

If you wake and find you're paralyzed just focus on wiggling a toe.  If you are in a dream/projection state, just go back to sleep. 

I would take advantage of it and explore.  You've got a real opportunity to bypass the trouble that a lot of people have achieve these types of altered states.

be awesome.
missym
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 16:57:58 »

Hello and Namaste! smiley

you have been gifted with the ability to achieve things that take some people years to do. Why not embrace it? Study, travel some realms, visit some loved ones, find yourself.. Of course, if you want nothing to do with this stuff that's your decision..
But the universe is an amazing place, with indescribable beauty within your reach. There are places you can go that you hadn't imagined possible..

Best of luck

Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.
Sanmari
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 17:42:47 »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The time I did a lot of third eye meditation, well once after doing it particularly hard I had several physical side-effects. As soon as it happened, I felt drunk. I felt light-headed, but not dizzy. I saw some things out of the corner of my eye, I had very intense dreams and nightmares for a while. I got scared that I had done something wrong.

I've tried projecting to other places but I can't, I just stay around my house.

I'm afraid for a couple of reasons. Sometimes, the paralysis hallucinations are just frightening. I've had the one where something just cussed at me and said the most horrible things as I laid there not able to move. I've had the "alien" hallucination (I've been afraid of grey aliens my whole life, as a kid I would doodle them over and over in notebooks). I do not want to go through any of that again, and from what I read about astral projection there's no guarantee.

I probably sound out there, but I'm not. I'm actually a pretty mentally stable and happy person. I've never told anyone about this that I know in real life.

If I were ever to embrace this, I'd like to be more spiritual in general first. I don't meditate, I don't have a "religion", I don't even think I pray right.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 18:06:10 »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The time I did a lot of third eye meditation, well once after doing it particularly hard I had several physical side-effects. As soon as it happened, I felt drunk. I felt light-headed, but not dizzy. I saw some things out of the corner of my eye, I had very intense dreams and nightmares for a while. I got scared that I had done something wrong.
There's a distinct reason for that.
All of your chakras are balanced nicely (or are supposed to be at least).
You can't really focus all your attention initially on a single chakra without first working on the one before that.
In this case, you're trying to bring energy into your Third Eye Chakra and you've got 5 others below it that need the attention first.
You kinda tossed your system out of whack temporarily.

I've tried projecting to other places but I can't, I just stay around my house.
You "can't" or "won't"?
If it's can't... figure out why you believe you're stuck there.
If it's won't... just leave by any means... front door works as good as any.  Smiley

I'm afraid for a couple of reasons. Sometimes, the paralysis hallucinations are just frightening. I've had the one where something just cussed at me and said the most horrible things as I laid there not able to move. I've had the "alien" hallucination (I've been afraid of grey aliens my whole life, as a kid I would doodle them over and over in notebooks). I do not want to go through any of that again, and from what I read about astral projection there's no guarantee.

I probably sound out there, but I'm not. I'm actually a pretty mentally stable and happy person. I've never told anyone about this that I know in real life.
Those are called Hypnagogic imagery/sounds.  They're perfectly normal and are mostly just a creation of your mind.  Try to ignore them as best as you can.

If I were ever to embrace this, I'd like to be more spiritual in general first. I don't meditate, I don't have a "religion", I don't even think I pray right.
You make your journeys as spiritual as you want them to be.
You say you pray?  Well, that's a form of meditation... so, you never knew it, but do meditate.
As for "praying correctly"... I don't think there is a "correct" way, just "your" way.  Wink

RisingSon
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 21:14:26 »

To echo what has already been said, it sounds like you are having full blown projections, not SP, which is just a transition phase.  I can't comment about chakras, but certainly it appears that fear is what is producing much of the other feelings/experiences you've had - not traveling beyond your house (common in fact), having "dream characters" say bad things to you (I've learned to laugh at them when they show up, thankfully not often), and the need to have a spiritual or religious focus (to me the confines of religious views are not really useful, nor do they foster growth beyond what is "acceptable"). 

We all are whatever we are, so why not just go into these experiences with a lighter, freer perspective and enjoy the journey?  Fear definitely can block the way, but only if you allow it to. Positive affirmations before and during your projection might be useful as well.  Remember, you are in the driver's seat, so steer that baby in the direction you want to go!

Sweet dreams! wink
justin35ll
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 23:02:02 »

Like said above, you are pretty gifted.
Every morning I wake up, roll over, and TRY to make myself fall back into sleep paralysis. Sometimes (rarely) I will and I try to seperate from the physical.
There is not much to worry about and I think you would do good if you practiced and took control of it.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: