The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 04, 2020, 14:10:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I have my first OBE?  (Read 1880 times)
Astralaegis
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:44 »

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum.  I've been trying to have OBE's for a long time.  Lately I've been listening to Robert Monroe's Wave I discovery and have been focusing on listening to "Introduction to Focus 10."  Last night I found myself very restful and relaxed following the program.  I remember being so focused and the suddenly I felt like sucked out of my body forcefully, almost like being squeezed and then like a cork popping free.  I found myself at the convenience store 3 miles away and I saw the lady working at the register.  It didn't last more than a couple of seconds though.  I felt so stiff and rigid, I tried to walk or even turn my head and was unable to.  I then "slipped" back and was in my room again and I fell asleep.  Was this an OBE or a very vivid Lucid dream? 

I also have a couple of questions:
Should I limit myself on using Monroe's program or can I use it freely?  I don't want to have to use it like a crutch, but it does help me get to deeper mindstates and learn what they feel like.

Can I try as many times as I like to have an OBE?  Lately I've been feeling tired the more I try.  Should I be feeling this or is there an "energy replenishment" I should do?

Can someone visit me to help me get out?  I'm asking someone here that is experienced to help me.

I appreciate you guys, I already feel a peaceful energy from here.
Under_the_Midnight_Sun
Astral Energy 3

wander free

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 13:45:52 »

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum.  I've been trying to have OBE's for a long time.  Lately I've been listening to Robert Monroe's Wave I discovery and have been focusing on listening to "Introduction to Focus 10."  Last night I found myself very restful and relaxed following the program.  I remember being so focused and the suddenly I felt like sucked out of my body forcefully, almost like being squeezed and then like a cork popping free.  I found myself at the convenience store 3 miles away and I saw the lady working at the register.  It didn't last more than a couple of seconds though.  I felt so stiff and rigid, I tried to walk or even turn my head and was unable to.  I then "slipped" back and was in my room again and I fell asleep.  Was this an OBE or a very vivid Lucid dream? 
Yes, this was 100% an OBE- either phasing to an area on the astral plane which you perceived as the convenience store, or less likely a phasing to the RTZ store. congratulations  smiley

Should I limit myself on using Monroe's program or can I use it freely?  I don't want to have to use it like a crutch, but it does help me get to deeper mindstates and learn what they feel like.
In my opinion those programs only work because the users believe and *think* they will work. It's a placebo effect. You should have no problem achieving the same states without the use of them.

Can I try as many times as I like to have an OBE?  Lately I've been feeling tired the more I try.  Should I be feeling this or is there an "energy replenishment" I should do?
If anything at all this is just a placebo effect too. There's no problem in attempting numerous times a day. I know of no "energy replenishment". Our bodies naturally drift in the OOB state when we sleep, so being conscious should not affect your energy levels.

Can someone visit me to help me get out?  I'm asking someone here that is experienced to help me.
Thisss would be extraordinarily difficult for anybody here on the physical to achieve. We tend to slip into the RTZ so rapidly- just 10 feet after moving away from the body. Your best luck would be practicing yourself, and someday you will become experienced. It just takes time  smiley.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 13:45:52 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Boom
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 15:03:45 »

Agreeing,

What I have identified as the difference between going conciously OBE, and Lucid Dreaming and from a regular dream, is that feeling of motion or phasing. So where you say you felt like you were sucked out of your body, means you obviously felt some kind of motion.
Also the clarity and how concious you were during the experience is a good indicator.

I dont see any reason why you should limit yourself on the program.  Monroes stuff uses hemisync and guides you through some good visualisations. I dont think its entirely placebos.

If youre feeling tired then your chances of falling asleep during an OBE attempt will be higher. But there is no reason why you should limit the number of attempts.
schulzy175
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 21:36:11 »

may i ask where you got what you listened to? I would like to try that for my first obe Smiley
Astralaegis
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:07:55 »

I used the Gateway Experience by Robert Monroe.  Specifically Wave I "Discovery" the track titled "Introduction to Focus 10."  I'm pretty sure we can get to these altered states on our own as well, but the CD just helped me to identify it better.  Thank you for the responses to my post, I am thinking of starting up a dream journal.  I've been having so many vivid dreams and I am able to remember most of them. 
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:07:55 »

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 13:53:02 »

I used the Gateway Experience by Robert Monroe.  Specifically Wave I "Discovery" the track titled "Introduction to Focus 10."  I'm pretty sure we can get to these altered states on our own as well, but the CD just helped me to identify it better.  Thank you for the responses to my post, I am thinking of starting up a dream journal.  I've been having so many vivid dreams and I am able to remember most of them. 
You can definitely get into these altered states on your own.  That's actually what the CD's are teaching you.  Smiley

The point of the CD's is that they're training wheels.  They give you a taste of what it means to be in those altered states, so that you can memorize what it feels like to get there and be there.  Then when it comes time to take the training wheels off, you'll have a much better chance of getting there by reliving those memories.

newmethod
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:58 »

Hello,

I would definitely class this as an OBE.. especially due to being aware of the separation process (being sucked out).. Nice one Smiley I'm not sure there is a definitive answer to what is an OBE and what is a dream.. some dreams can be much more vivid and realistic that some OBEs and vice versa... different people have different ways of categorizing their experiences.. for me remembering and being aware in the separation process has me categorizing the experience as OBE.. no matter the quality and realm visited.. but that's just me

I also have a couple of questions:

These two lines may be linked... You may find that getting into deeper mindstates by using binaurals may cause some tiredness in the beginning.. What the cause of this is i am not sure.. but i have found this to be true for myself and for others i have talked with.. So do take it easy and use your intuition on how much binaurals to use.. if this is the cause of your tiredness the good thing is as long as you don't overdo it it will pass as you get used to being in these deeper states..

As for energy replenishment.. by consciously learning to move energy through your energetic system you can reduce the time it takes to get used to these states and improve the flow of and the amount of energy available for both your energetic work, OBE and your physical self - check out Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways (NEW), Microcosmic orbit (from Chinese Taoism) and Vipassana Mediation.. These systems all have similarites though in all Vipassana Meditation training i have done there is no focus on storing energy.. whereas the other two both have some focus on storing awakened energy in the hara (Taoism)/sub-navel(NEW)..

Hope this helps,
Dean

Astralaegis
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:07:54 »

Thanks Dean!  About three years ago I was being taught energy work with the Kuji In, so I know a little about energy work.  I'm interested in trying the systems you mentioned.  Funny because the last symbol of the Kuji In I worked with was "Retsu" which translates to "mastery of time and space."  I could never grasp the meaning of it that my teacher was trying to guide me to learn, but it looks like I picked up where I left off with picking back up trying to learn AP.  I think mastery of time and space has a lot to do with AP.  I need to get in touch with my old teacher and see what he thinks about it.

On another note,
I've been dreaming a lot about elementals lately.  Back when I was meditating with the Kuji In I also dreamed a lot about the elements.  Just the other day I dreamed about going into a cave with singing crystals with a group of people and there were very vivid colors and the sounds were astonishingly beautiful.  Some of the people in the group began taking crystals and some crystal spiders came to life and took those people back to the end of the cave as punishment.  After leaving the cave I had to take a bus down to the bottom of a ravine and came to a canyon.  I remember seeing various layers of rock in the canyon walls.  I then had to ask the spirit of the earth who was female if I could enter through a pathway and if it were alright if I took some crystals with me.  She was hesitant at first but then she allowed me to take a crystal and told me to crush it into the earth to find its true form.  Later at the top of the canyon I saw a souvenir store with various crystal items for sale and I saw 2 amber colored crystal pyramids.  After that the dream was over. 

The dream I had last night was of water elementals (water formed into the shape of people) going to a spring where there were people playing in it.  There was a man who through a coin into the pool and the water elementals became angry and thrust the coin to his head (where the third eye chakra is) and the pool became angry and turbulent.  Suddenly a geyser burst forth and carried the man downstream.  I then woke up.

What do you think these dreams mean?  Why am I dreaming of the elements?  What do you think of mastery of time and space?  Is there any correlation between the elements and AP?

Yours,
Jonathan
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: