The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2017, 20:36:29

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does "waking duration" affect the type of experience?  (Read 672 times)
obe4life
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: May 26, 2016, 15:04:36 »

I use the "wake-back to bed" method to achieve both lucid dreams and OBEs. I noticed that some times I had LDs and other times I experience OBEs, but the main factor which seemed to control the "type" of the experience remained unknown to me. Then I experiment with the "waking period" before going back to bed several times. I noticed that, the shorter my waking time (10-20 mins) the more the experience is going to be a LD, while the longer it is (30-60 mins) the more it would be an OBE. Can anybody confirm that?
Thanks in advance Smiley
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 17:03:50 »

I use the "wake-back to bed" method to achieve both lucid dreams and OBEs. I noticed that some times I had LDs and other times I experience OBEs, but the main factor which seemed to control the "type" of the experience remained unknown to me. Then I experiment with the "waking period" before going back to bed several times. I noticed that, the shorter my waking time (10-20 mins) the more the experience is going to be a LD, while the longer it is (30-60 mins) the more it would be an OBE. Can anybody confirm that?
Thanks in advance Smiley
I'm curious as to how you are defining the difference between what you're calling a "LD" and what you're calling an "OBE"?

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 17:03:50 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

obe4life
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 18:07:25 »

For some reason I "know" exactly whether I am experiencing a lucid dream or an OBE. I kind of feel it. But commonly, when I lucid dream the following occurs:
1-No vibrations (minimal or not present at all).
2-Almost no paralysis.
3-I feel separated from my body but when I roll to the lift side to exit I fall from bed and hit the floor hard. To float upward or fly or penetrate things, I have to focus very hard.
4-I seem very (physical). I have solid hands, arms, legs and definite form.
5-As I mentioned before, I get that peculiar feeling of "it's a lucid dream not an OBE".
In an OBE the following occurs:
1-Vibrations, sounds and sometimes voices.
2-When I roll over to the side I automatically float, and I keep hovering during the rest of the experience. I even might have great difficulty touching the floor.
3-I realize I have no specific form or body, but when I stare at my arms I see them but still can't see the rest of my body.
Overall conclusion:
OBE feels very "classy-higher-spiritual" while LD feels more "playful-joyful". After all, that's my very personal take on the subject.
ThaomasOfGrey
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 13:34:38 »

It is interesting to tie an experience type to sleep duration. I find that I become increasingly aware as the sleep goes on. What I would consider a lucid dream or OBE sounds quite different to what you describe so I suppose it is quite subjective.

Usually in the early portion of sleep I experience dreams of a first person nature which are extremely real but I am unaware that I am in a foreign reality. Towards the end of the sleep I start to become aware that I am having an abnormal experience and that recognition turns it into an OBE. It is just a difference in awareness level initially; I think what you are describing are yet more varying levels of awareness but also most likely a matter of timing with the context of what you remember from the experienece.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: