The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2021, 06:40:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreaming of projections  (Read 1882 times)
Eukaryote
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: September 18, 2002, 06:37:20 »

Once, when I dreamt of projecting I was so mad when I woke up and started analizing it. I was saying things like "Wait...that landscape looked suspiciously similar to that in the flight simulator game" or "didn't my friend move his furnature around last week" or "I seriously doubt that in my last life I was a walrus."
A couple of other times, a lucid dream became what seemed to be an OBE, execpt no exit or entry sensations. It is also difficult to move around. During one I was sure I had climbed out of my body onto the floor and crawling around, but I felt so much resistance I fell "back" to sleep. I latter realized that the around on the floor at was occupied by not only my shoes, but two chairs and a bicycle. Seeing as how I could see the far wall, it would seem that I could see those things. Is it possible I was half OBEing/lucid dreaming/halucinating, perhaps I had only partaily-projected and was stuck in place, perhpas this was my etheric body and it couldn't move beacuse of the mind-split effect. I don't know.
Anyway, it still makes me mad when I realize that not only had I not projected, but seeminly odvious inconsistancies do not become odvious untill later.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 08:29:41 »

My theory is that the dreams are some sort of training for OBE.  Before I had an OBE I had many dreams where I am trying to move around with difficulty, then I actually experienced the real thing I did find it difficult to move but felt familiar with that feeling.  Last night I had a dream I was learning how to control myself in flight - very strange.  Maybe my next OBE I might just be able to get off the bed...

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 08:29:41 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

clandestino
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 08:58:47 »

hi Tia, you mention that you had difficulty moving in your OBE......is this sensation similar / the same as the feeling you get when, say, you are trying to run in a dream, but you find it difficult to move your limbs ??

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries
Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 21:37:48 »

Hi Clandestino,

No it's not quite the same.  When I cant run in dreams it's like trying to run in treacle, like some force is against me.  In my previous dreams of OBE, I move like I'm drunk, partialy blind, and nothing works the way I want it to.  One time I dreamt I fell off my bed onto the floor and I could not, for the life of me, get up.

Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 00:16:19 »

quote:
Originally posted by ralphm:
How many people here dream often of projecting? After concentrating on projecting i am having obe dreams about once a week. It seems like they are a prompt to become lucid. Anyone able to turn a obe dream into a real one?

Not sure precisely what you're aksing. Do you have exit sensations in the dream? I've had dreams in which I'm in a room doing something, then suddenly I leave my body and float up and around.

I've also had what seemed like a projection at the time, with exit/entrance sensations and all, except I'm in a completely different place. I only realise it's different and start questioning it when I wake up.

Someone on here told me that this is very common for beginners. It means you're on your way. It was also suggested that the second experience I mentioned could be a form of a projection.

I must further mention that real-time OBE's can contain imaginary objects/objects that aren't actually there. They can be products of the mind or mental remants of objects that were there in the past. Read Robert's treatise or Astral Dynamics for more info.

BTW, to turn a dream into an OBE, stare at an object in the dream until the scenery changes. You will shift into the astral.

Take care,

Jeni
P.S. Feel free to read my stories in the "OBE Experiences" section

JenX
Web/Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Recording Artist
http://www.reverbnation.com/jenx
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 00:16:19 »

ralphm
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 18:46:58 »

Upon thinking about it I realized I could not easily define a dream of an obe- the best is that it is somewhat lucid, usually I do not remember exit sensations and usually remember it in the morning rather than have a more intense experience and wake when I return to the body. Aso i seem to float around in these dreams. Maybe they are just lower quality projections. Starring is a good idea, maybe I will  doit as a repetative thing during the day.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.
ralphm
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2002, 04:44:42 »

How many people here dream often of projecting? After concentrating on projecting i am having obe dreams about once a week. It seems like they are a prompt to become lucid. Anyone able to turn a obe dream into a real one?

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: