The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 16, 2019, 18:27:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have I reached theta state yet?  (Read 5248 times)
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009, 21:26:38 »

We are able to astral project in the theta state right? What are the main characteristics of the theta state? This is what happens during my OBE attempts:

I generally focus on my breathing, inhaling and exhaling slowly. I try to block out most surface thoughts meanwhile also counting from 1 to 5 to aid concentration. I do this until I 'feel' like I'm in a light trance (around 5 minutes/10 minutes) and then I move onto attempting mentalling falling techniques to try and speed up transition into the theta state. I normally imagine that I'm descending from an elevator or that I'm falling through the sky. This does not cause vibrations as it used to, but I 'feel' that I'm going very deep into trance. After a while I am almost unaware of my physical body and outside noises. I don't feel any floating sensations though. This is the state that I remain 'stuck' in, I feel that I can't go any deeper and if I try sustaining this state for very long, I get a lot of random thoughts and I find it incredibly difficult to concentrate on basic thoughts such as the rope technique for exiting. I've tried projecting in the mornings to ensure that my mind's wide awake but no matter how awake my mind is my concentration eventually gets lost and I feel like I want to go to sleep (I don't though). I've recorded my meditations, even though I thought I'd meditated for around 50 minutes, it turns out my longest is 25 minutes (not sure if this matters).

I just want to ask what state have I reached? If the alpha state is like a daydream, then I have been in this state many times before and know what it feels like. My meditations feel much deeper than this. If that means I'm in the theta state then why am I unable to project when I try? At the moment I'm meditating everyday quite a few times a day, is this aiding projection in any way?

Thank you for your help Smiley
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 15:10:53 »

Your everyday waking life is generally spent in the Beta state.
You hit the alpha state generally when you're intensely focused on something... like watching tv, reading a book, playing a video game... or even meditating.
You *can* OBE from the Alpha, but I believe it's very difficult as the amount of focus required to keep you from thinking about your physical body must be immense.

Let's jump to Delta for a second first...
This is the state generally associated with REM sleep, not Trance.  You're generally out like a light here.  Smiley
Now, backing it up to the Theta state...
This is exactly where you want to be.  You should be able to hold this consciously and this is where you'll hang out in while in the Trance state (mind awake/body asleep).

If you weren't completely in the Trance (or as you said, a Light Trance), then you were probably hanging out on the very edge between Alpha and Theta.
But technically, you shouldn't worry too much about the *exact* frequency or state you hit... and go off "FEELING" instead. 
That will guide you much better.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 15:10:53 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Stookie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 17:13:44 »

At the moment I'm meditating everyday quite a few times a day, is this aiding projection in any way?

I do not suggest meditating more than once a day unless you know exactly what your doing and why. It's probably better to have one good session a day. You'll get more consistancy out of it.

I also relate meditating to working out. Constantly stressing your muscles will not do any good. You have to work hard, then take a good break letting your muscles relax, then come back fresh. That "freshness" helps a lot when it comes to pushing even further.

Rudolph Steiner stressed the importance of separating daily life and meditation, not letting a trance or meditative state slip into your daily life. The physical should be the physical.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 17:26:13 »

I do not suggest meditating more than once a day unless you know exactly what your doing and why. It's probably better to have one good session a day. You'll get more consistancy out of it.

I also relate meditating to working out. Constantly stressing your muscles will not do any good. You have to work hard, then take a good break letting your muscles relax, then come back fresh. That "freshness" helps a lot when it comes to pushing even further.

Rudolph Steiner stressed the importance of separating daily life and meditation, not letting a trance or meditative state slip into your daily life. The physical should be the physical.
100% agreed.  Smiley

Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 17:59:43 »

Oh I see, I will try to meditate once a day or every 2 days.

Perhaps another very important question is, how do I know when my body is completely asleep? Is this when you are not aware of the physical body anymore and can't feel it? Will I be in paralysis? Because I am always able to move my body whenever I want, however my body feels very heavy...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 17:59:43 »

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 19:25:07 »

Oh I see, I will try to meditate once a day or every 2 days.
Once a day is fine.  Smiley

Perhaps another very important question is, how do I know when my body is completely asleep? Is this when you are not aware of the physical body anymore and can't feel it? Will I be in paralysis? Because I am always able to move my body whenever I want, however my body feels very heavy...
Sleep Paralysis, yup.

Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 20:11:25 »

Once a day is fine.  Smiley
Sleep Paralysis, yup.

Paralysis as in I will not be able to move my physical body even if I tried? Cos I always thought sleep paralysis was the 'feeling' of the body being paralysed, but not actually being so... shocked
kurtykurt42
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 16:10:46 »

I do energy work twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I used to do one long session but now i break it up into two smaller sessions and have seen an improvement.
Stookie
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 16:34:22 »

Yeah, energy work is a little different in that it doesn't necessarily require a trance or meditative state.
kurtykurt42
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 16:48:14 »

I do about 15 min. of trance with third-eye trigger and in my evening session I do about 15-20 min. of deep trance. I spend a total of about an hour per day, which in my opinion is as much as your should be doing. It's similar to working out. If you spend three hours a day in the gym you will overtrain your muscles and produce a negative result.
Panthau
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 20:04:44 »

could someone describe or link me how to do energy work correctly?

thanks!
kurtykurt42
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 00:31:52 »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7294250/New-Energy-Ways-by-Robert-Bruce
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/new-energy-ways/index.html
http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=736
http://www.dimensional-doorways.com/NEW/
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 01:41:38 »

I do about 15 min. of trance with third-eye trigger and in my evening session I do about 15-20 min. of deep trance. I spend a total of about an hour per day, which in my opinion is as much as your should be doing. It's similar to working out. If you spend three hours a day in the gym you will overtrain your muscles and produce a negative result.

Oh is it essential to do energy work to AP? Are we able to AP without it...how does it help the process?
kurtykurt42
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 02:13:56 »

It helps you to remember your experience more vividly and have longer OBEs. You can AP without ever doing any energy training but if you plan on staying OOB for more than 3 minutes then i would recommend steady energy raising practice.
Panthau
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 09:12:45 »

thanks for the links kurty!
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 13:04:36 »

It helps you to remember your experience more vividly and have longer OBEs. You can AP without ever doing any energy training but if you plan on staying OOB for more than 3 minutes then i would recommend steady energy raising practice.

Oh ok thank you. Oh btw a question: when we attempt to AP and we reach what people call the 'sleep paralysis' stage, does the physical body actually become paralyzed and unable to move even if we want it to? Because every single time even though my physical body becomes very heavy and slow, I can move it as long as I want it to. Does this just mean I'm not in a deep enough trance?
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 15:07:48 »

Paralysis as in I will not be able to move my physical body even if I tried? Cos I always thought sleep paralysis was the 'feeling' of the body being paralysed, but not actually being so... shocked
Yup, that's sleep paralysis.

Stookie
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 16:38:38 »

Oh ok thank you. Oh btw a question: when we attempt to AP and we reach what people call the 'sleep paralysis' stage, does the physical body actually become paralyzed and unable to move even if we want it to? Because every single time even though my physical body becomes very heavy and slow, I can move it as long as I want it to. Does this just mean I'm not in a deep enough trance?
The way I view astral projection, sleep paralysis isn't a factor at all. If you're deep enough to begin an exit technique, then your mind shouldn't be focused on whether you can move your physical body or not.

If you unintentionally wake up into sleep paralysis, I suppose that's a different story.
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 18:52:01 »

The problem with me is that whenever I feel like I'm in deep trance (around 20 minutes into 'meditating') I always start wondering when it's time to leave the body. Should I just go with the flow and not do anything? I normally imagine myself falling to try and speed things up but it just causes momentary vibrations. Also whilst meditating time seems to go much slower than expected...is that normal? I know because I timed myself and what I thought was 50 minutes was actually 25 minutes.

*sorry I may be repeating myself. I've posted quite a few posts and it's hard to keep track of what I've said and to who. Bear with me Smiley*
CFTraveler
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 20:38:04 »

The problem with me is that whenever I feel like I'm in deep trance (around 20 minutes into 'meditating') I always start wondering when it's time to leave the body. Should I just go with the flow and not do anything? I normally imagine myself falling to try and speed things up but it just causes momentary vibrations. Also whilst meditating time seems to go much slower than expected...is that normal? I know because I timed myself and what I thought was 50 minutes was actually 25 minutes.

*sorry I may be repeating myself. I've posted quite a few posts and it's hard to keep track of what I've said and to who. Bear with me Smiley*
Go with the flow but don't 'just do nothing'.  I just re-posted my schedule in the 'Techs' topic- it has some ideas on what to try.
Gbob
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 20:48:35 »

Go with the flow but don't 'just do nothing'.  I just re-posted my schedule in the 'Techs' topic- it has some ideas on what to try.

Cheers Smiley
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: