The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 25, 2020, 10:38:45

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prolonging the Experience  (Read 1617 times)
AstralBeginnings
Astral Energy 3

funkster1981@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:58 »

Hi All, its been a while since I posted due to work and other things, however my practices have not stopped, although reduced somewhat over the last 6 months or so.

Anyway, I can project fairly easily now when the conditions are correct (which, because I am not consciously trying to project may be a week or so in between).  However something which I still struggle with is prolonging the experience.  Projections I would say last up to 5 minutes (perceived time) which is not enough for me to do what I want.

I have tried the many exercises I have read about to prolong (rubbing hands, meditating whilst projecting etc) however none seem to work.  In fact the thought of prolonging once I am projecting often shortens the experience further.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com
rezaf
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:32:32 »

I have always have said that I am suspicious of the intentions of astral guides but in my experience if some powerful guides add up their energy to yours you will have very long and clear experiences.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:32:32 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Lionheart
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:26 »

I find I can sit in the 3D darkness for long periods of time. But, when I wish to do a full Phase session to learn or experience something, it must be short visits. Otherwise I will retain no recall of the events being experienced. I can tell how long I have been in the 3D darkness because I usually sit back and listen to either Coast to Coast for 4 hours or a 3 hour youtube video by Thomas Campbell, Neil Kramer etc. It's relaxing because you just lie there with no stress, no noticing, trying no techniques just listening and not wishing to go any further at the moment. Sure your body is vibrating, floating and awaiting an intent so it can go further. The trick is to just hold the moment.
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:55:02 »

Hi,
 Have a read of deepening by M Raduga. That's if you already haven't. Its in his free ebook sobt, a free pdf download on OBE4U.
May help others too.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:51:03 »

I found that looking at your hands might help to stay tuned to the environment / plane that you're experiencing, it is also a means to gain (better) vision in the first place. I believe however that any focussed attention, e.g. by concentrating on the surfaces of objects in your environment, might help to do this. Jurgen Ziewe mentioned these techniques also in his book.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:51:03 »

catmeow
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 17:03:28 »

For me, in order to prolong the experience, I keep the scenery changing. So walk around, fly around, or just look around. If the experience does fade and I'm back in my body, I can usually re-exit fairly easily.

The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda
AstralBeginnings
Astral Energy 3

funkster1981@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 17:11:54 »

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I have Radugas ebook and tried all the techniques he calls deepening.

I think my problem is that when I think of prolonging I am also thinking of the experience ending, hence why I want to prolong!  So I think the thought of prolonging brings about thoughts of ending and this is what brings me out. 

I like the suggestion of changing scenery - I think that might work.  Rather than thinking about prolonging (which brings about thoughts of ending) I will try to ignore both and just change scenery. 

Thanks again!

My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com
catmeow
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 17:28:33 »

It works for me! Good luck!

btw your analysis imo is correct - any conscious attempt to prolong by definition brings into your consciousness the thought of ending, and this suggestion can then easily take over. Best to just direct your attention outwards.

Good luck again!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 17:31:49 by catmeow » Logged

The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 18:28:43 »

It works for me! Good luck!

btw your analysis imo is correct - any conscious attempt to prolong by definition brings into your consciousness the thought of ending, and this suggestion can then easily take over. Best to just direct your attention outwards.

Good luck again!
For the most part this is what I do.

I focus my attention entirely within the reality I find myself experiencing.
Stop for a second, and touch the ground... feel the dirt/rocks/whatever... feel a tree... take in the sky... just do something that focuses your attention entirely within THAT reality.  Don't worry about "prolonging"... just FEEL/SENSE everything around you.  Smiley

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: