The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 22, 2019, 21:37:42

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hints and "Keeping it in Prespective. . .  (Read 1130 times)
andy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: March 13, 2002, 14:42:42 »

Hi Daniel,

I could'nt agree more! However I believe that a lot of people need more than just a pep talk,they've got to look inside themselfs and ask "am I a dreamer or a doer" and what is the difference?
To put excueses aside and practice in place is a tough one,exspecialy when considering that you have to preform this disipline out of the house.
[weight sets at home offten become cloths racks while a trip across the steet to a gym yeilds you an hour long work-out everyday]  (:

To be or to wannabe is the question.If your a wannabe WHY? Examine those excueses and force them out bringing practice into place.

I have posted elsewhere on this subject as I have been guilty of dreaming all to offten in my past.It has always conflicted with my ability to do unless "everything" was just right,then doing became easy.
To overcome excuses was a long lesson learned personaly.But scince doing so i've noted many benifits in my own waking life.

The many benifits of o.b.e are not only bound to the astral planes but the pysical as well.
Things such as over eating,drugs [alcohol is a drug],stressing over a variety of things are just a few of the many situations that can be overcome via o.b practice.
Anyone interested in o.b.e that is finding it difficult to do,should seriously look at the reasons then determin wether or not they are indeed excusess.Thats the first part of the healing process.

Just my take in response.

Peace,Andy

PeacefulWarrior
Astral Energy 5

The best medicine is the display of compassion.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 19:47:11 »

Well said Andy... I think everything in life that impedes us from reaching our potential, of from "doing" can be classified as an "excuse", including fear... once we realize something is an excuse then we can begin to eliminate it.

That's a simple yet profound way of looking at the "stumbling block" in our path. Thanks for your thoughts!
Dan

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 19:47:11 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

PeacefulWarrior
Astral Energy 5

The best medicine is the display of compassion.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 08:20:54 »

A few tips/reminders about the OOBE I found at:
http://www.tanega.com/astral/signpost.html

Reading About OOBEs Only Helps So Much. I never met anyone who simply read books about guitars and magically developed the ability to play! OOBEs are like playing a musical instrument, practicing a martial art, meditating, etc. You should read books and articles to familiarize yourself with the subject but success requires practice (and often years of trial and error). Also keep in mind that as described below, you will need to learn to function with non-verbal awareness and this is the antithesis of conventional forms of study such as reading or attending lectures.

I went to a writer's conference once and talked to one of the speakers. He mentioned that many of the same people turned out year after year but never wrote anything at all! Don't become a "fan" of OOBEs.  They are something to do. I also know a Zen priest who likes to say that reading an entire library of books on the subject of Zen adds up to less than a pimple on your butt! The same could be said about OOBEs.

7.An Encompassing Belief System. Successful astral projectors have a belief system in which OOBEs are accepted. Suppose you define life as spirit animating the flesh. Well, having the spirit leave the body seems to violate this definition. Unless OOBEs fit within your belief system, your conscious mind -- and more importantly your Unconscious Mind -- will create all kinds of roadblocks to your success.
Keep It In Perspective. Take at look at the tip of the fingernail on the little finger of your right hand.  That's how important OOBEs are in the grand scheme of things. OOBEs don't make you enlightened, give
you a free pass to heaven, etc. Some people read about saints or holy people who could leave their bodies and foolishly think that developing the same ability will make them saintly or holy. Hey, they did a lot more than that! You have to work on your life!

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: