The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 21, 2021, 12:09:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoax tapes or working Hemi-syn?  (Read 5740 times)
Nik
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: May 04, 2002, 15:38:16 »

I really really am starting to think that OBEing is a bunch of (excuse my language) bovine excrement. It just seems strange to me that with so many people saying "anyone can do it!" the majority of poll users on the Poll "How often do you Project?" are still trying their first. 113/218 to be exact. Hmmm...
I'll try anything once, but i think after 2 yrs It's really becoming a waste of time...
I am so FRUSTRATED

Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 15:58:42 »

2-years huh?

Believe me, that's not a long time to be trying by any means. Understand that the art of Astral Projection is a mental balancing act that is VERY tricky to do. With a tiny minority it happens spontaneously. But for the rest, including myself, mastering each step takes ages.

Yours,
Frank

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 15:58:42 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Tom
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 03:46:28 »

I'm still trying, too. It seems sometimes that I'm getting closer.

As for that file you bought, I have it also. I bought it and their "body melt" file. It has done nothing but put me to sleep. That is something I do not need help with. It sounds low quality to me and is just irritating.

cainam_nazier
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2002, 05:20:56 »

I have found that there is some truth to the whole "sound induced" events.  But the big problem being is that you would need a mix more suited for you.  Every one being different it seems that different sounds trigger different effects.  I have been using some thing called the Brain Wave Generator.  Basically its just a constant tone or sets of tones.  I have found that certain sounds have been effecting me differently.  I have not projected but I been experiencing some wierd stuff.  But it also took me a couple of different tries to find a set that had any effect.  

www.bwgen.com  They have a FREE DEMO program to use.  It has about a dozen different sets.  Like I said a couple of them work good for different things but I have not projected.  I have only just recently started using it and I have not registared the program yet.  I am still desiding.  But it does show some promise, this being only that you can alter any of the sounds and there are many user created sets that you can import for free after you registar the program.  

Also note.  I have been getting better results with it when I am wide awake rather than listening when I am ready to go to sleep.  When I do listen to it before I go to sleep I drop like a light.  Which is good for me because I often have difficulties getting to sleep.  I don' sleep long but I feel very refreshed after.   I am going to give this one a little more time before I make a full decision on it.   I want to conduct some more tests when I am fully awake.

"Your brain is not a toy. Be carefull."

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

steveb
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2002, 06:41:58 »

Greetings all , I also have not projected, have been trying for about 6 mth's with minor results. after reading Franks post inregards to Hemi-sync,I might give it ago.

CN wrote :  I have not projected but I been experiencing some wierd stuff.

David, did the wierd stuff start after using the audio,or just in general over all.

Regards Steve

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2002, 06:41:58 »

Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2002, 06:47:27 »

Please note, when I recommend "Hemi Sync" I'm not recommending anything other than the Monroa Institute Gateway CD's. I have no experience of any other Monroe institute CD's or any positive experience of other recordings either "Hemi-Sync style" or otherwise.

Yours,
Frank

Mobius
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2002, 09:15:45 »

Hi Nik

I'm not too sure about the other brands of meditation/trance/subliminal message music,or their authors & I've only used Hemi-sync products.

The term hemi-sync is actually a trademark that is unique to the monroe institute (TMI) & that have that name copyrighted I'm sure.This is a special blend of binaural beats,with narration & sounds over the top.These sorts of tapes have been around for years & everyone says that theirs works of course.There is the problem that cainam mentioned,that it might not work for you.I have heard this is the case for hemi-sync as well & some people have reported no effect,fortunately that wasn't the case for me.

TMI was the only one that scientifically proved something was happening & the 2 hemispheres of the brain were in syncronisation,thus hemi-sync.Also the only one that attracted government & military personel to it's doors.I have heard & been told that OBE's are only acheivable on the gateway series from TMI,but I have had results with most of their tapes,so I guess everyones different.I know it is expensive the TMI gateway series,but you could try a cheapie tape,probably $15 to $20 worth or just go the first wave of the gateway series,theres 7 all up,here in Australia it costs heaps,but there in the US,each wave on CD is only $99 & you get 3 Cd's in each wave.Some exercises require you to open your eyes,move around etc. & you wont be sleeping I'm sure.

I have heard from some friends that they have had some success with Synthesis cd,s but havn't tried them myself.

http://www.synthesys.ws/

TMI
http://www.monroeinstitute.org/

http://www.altered-states.co.nz/hemi2/page15.htm

Create your own subliminal tapes

http://www.altered-states.co.nz/hemi/subencoder.htm

Good journeys all

Mobius

Grenade01
Astral Energy 3

2427774 Grenade01
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2002, 05:52:22 »

Ive had some positive meditation experiences with bwgen
But I tried a hemisync track before (got it mp3 of napster ages ago)
and it was kind of annoying
Id say ..if you want to try this stuff for fun then go check out bwgen
but
i wouldnt get your hopes up as an easy way out
its much easier just to do it the right way

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
cainam_nazier
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2002, 06:38:21 »

steveb-

Some stuff during and in general.  It has been helping me to calm my mind with out the sound after using it a few times.  I have been some what rotating the usage as not to become dependant on it.  It is a tool, good training for the brain but I don't want to be stuck using it all the time.  Let's see what else.  I posted another experience that happened while using the sounds, it is on this thread, Article: Astral Meditation & Sylphs, Robert Bruce.  I posted because it started very similar but I was unprepaired for the responce and broke concentration.  I started seeing smoke.  I thought some thing was burning and I started looking for it and the smoke slowly dissapeared.  After the fact I relalized that I started seeing the smoke while my eyes were still shut but I could still see when I opened them.  There was no smell to it at all, which was mind bogling at the time because I honestly thought something was burning.  
  I have also noticed that certain sounds seem to change my breathing almost instantly.  It slows down and I sometimes feel almost forced to breath through my stomach instead of my chest.  Other sounds put me to sleep in less than a minute while other focus my attention.
  Also in general I have been more able to pick sounds out in normal life.  IE. Focusing in on a conversation some one is having.  There have been a handfull of other minor side effects but I have been unable to figure which is causing what.  Or if it is related.  It's all kinda happening at the same time and it is difficult to tell if it is the sounds that I am using having effects after or if they are awakening other senses or sharpening them, or lastly if it is just me.  Too many things can be conjoured when the mind is left to roam on its own.
  Over all I am pleased with the effects.  But like I said it is only a tool and I treat it as such.  The last thing you need is to develope a dependancy on something and one should be carefull when using various stimuli so this doesn't happen.  What ever you use is not doing the work your mind is, the other is just helping.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

SteppenWolf
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2002, 07:12:55 »

David -

Regarding dependencies on hami-sync or BWGEN, I don't think anyone need worry.  I thought that might be a problem with the Monroe Inst. tapes but then I found that after a while I was automatically getting the same results when I went to bed & just lay there.  For more, see here:
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/5373/esoteric/hemisync.htm

Kary Mullis is a very interesting chap - he noticed after using LSD quite a bit that he could see reactions happening at the molecular level - and even without using LSD.  See :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/psychetran.shtml

I think there are lots of things which act like training wheels.  Once you get the knack, you don't need to bother with the training wheels any more - as you just know how to do it.

Cheers,
SteppenWolf http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
steveb
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 11:20:55 »

Thanks for the reply Cainam ,I'll take the dependance thing into concideration. I've been feeling that when doing astral practices I'm not getting down to the right trance level and after reading franks post ,it sounds like it just may give that area a boost.

Regards Steve

"trianing wheels it is"

brianspuk
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2002, 11:25:40 »

I can sympathise that you might me led to the conclusion that there's no such thing as OBE's through listening to hemi-sync tapes.  I've been trying for about 6 months now, using a mixture of the Gateway exercises and the spreadsheet found on this website.

The results I'm getting so far include coloured lights during the muscle relaxing exercises, rising and falling sensations and vibrations. No OBEs as yet through these techniques.  Most of the information I've read so far tells me that the secret is that you have to get your body so relaxed that you can no longer feel it, and to stop all thoughts for at least 5 minutes and I'm as yet a long way from this.

I get occasional naturally occurring OBEs, usually during sleep early in the morning where I'm aware of floating somewhere outside the house, out of my body and therefore I know that it is actually possible and will just take more practise to do it on purpose.

Brian

richk01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2002, 18:44:29 »

“Trying” to many different trips is like drilling for water in different spots. You will never reach your goal, because you stopped after a few feet here, and then a few feet their. Don’t say I will try! You must believe and say “I WILL DO IT”! Find something that will suite your personality and stay put, and dig until you reach your goal. Be assured you will find what you are looking for. I think most people are to scattered going from place to place. Mr. Bruce’s book has enough in it to work. Why look elsewhere? Lots of good luck in your search.
Richard

Spiritlodge
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2002, 00:10:58 »

Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 worth.

I bought the Monroe Gateway tapes a few years back and practiced them pretty regularly for a few months.  I definitely had some trippy experiences.  For instance, a few times I suddenly came out of a trance state and found one side of my body levitating above the bed (no joke).  I never had any conscious OOBES while actually doing the tapes, but since that time, on several occasions, I've awakened in the night with major vibrations.  It's been a challenge mentally overcoming the unconscious fear of going past them to the OOBE state, but I have actually succeeded a couple of times recently.  The trouble is I either quickly "degenerate" into the Alice in Wonderland effect or I come back to my body.  

I guess to sum up, I feel that the tapes, combined with my strong desire to project, did begin a process of slow preparation/evolution with respect to out-of-body travel that I hope continues to unfold.

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2002, 05:07:55 »

Hello Spiritlodge,

would you mind recording the first tape for me? http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_shy.gif" border=0>

Spiritlodge
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2002, 01:42:51 »

The info. with the tapes says that the subtle binaural beats crucial to their effectiveness will not copy from tape to tape.  Also, I'd be afraid of copyright infringement.  Otherwise, I would.

RandomName
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2002, 21:29:09 »

Just because it takes a while to start to respond to the stimuli of the energy work, don't get discouraged. I understand it is taking alot longer for you to respond to it than i did. I thought (THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF CRAP! ALL OF THIS IS LIES!) I turned over and feeling kind of angry, began to fall asleep. As i thought to myself , WHAT a waste of my time, I suddenly realised i couldn't feel my arms or legs. Then i noticed my entire body was paralyzed. At that moment, i heard a wavy electrical pulse type noise, and my whole body began to vibrate. I decided to follow with it and attempt projecting. I felt my arms and legs lift free, and then, feeling so SUPER EXCITE, I lost it. All you need is to LD(do that all the time) and play around with that, and keep at the OBE attempt. I took only a couple of weeks of VERY SERIOUS practice, and it kinda kicked in. I awoke while OOB a couple of weeks ago, finally happy to know what it was like. Being OOB or LDing and doing a reality check to wake urself up is pretty good. Try it, learn to take a glance at your hands every hour or so. YOull like the results once it becomes a habit

Nik
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2002, 15:34:32 »

I recently downloaded the MP3 from http://www.astral-projection.org.uk/
It's supposed to be a hemi sync like tape that induces astral projection, but I dunno if it really works. Do you guys think it's a hoax, or that it really works?

I paid for it (20$), so i wanna know if this was just a hoax and i was cheated out of my money or if there's some truth to it.

I listened to the file, and it does seem to make me more relaxed. Well, not really more relaxed, just taht i can achieve relaxation quicker, it seems. Yet when i listen to the 20 minute music, i fall asleep. I tend to wake up about half an hour after, but i don't remember any thing that happened, don't remember feeling vibrations or anything...

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: