The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2017, 10:49:27

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Got Out For The First Time  (Read 115872 times)
rangestormer
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:06 »

Man, people are trying for a week and are already successful. I get really jealous, I am a four-month-no-AP loser grin
mindbenda1
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2010, 12:18:09 »

hey
im no pro or anything. Im only just getting into this stuff. I think what really helped me, my mum gave me a whole bunch of books which her mum gave to her, alot of the stories were what I interpret to be OBEs. It spun me out that my mum handed me those books, it really made me feel like i was ready.

as long as you have the intent. you will get there. its just a matter of time. dont give up man
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2010, 12:18:09 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2010, 14:10:46 »

glad it works for somebody.

it doesn't work for me anymore.    sad

be awesome.
Stookie
« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2010, 16:53:54 »

That means you need to move onto bigger and better things. I find you have to constantly change what you're doing or it gets stale and diminishes in it's effectiveness. Your glass gets bigger and you need to fill it with more water.
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2010, 16:56:21 »

that's what i'm doing now.  i'm investing time in other, more traditional avenues.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2010, 16:56:21 »

Fresco
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2010, 16:36:38 »

Man, people are trying for a week and are already successful. I get really jealous, I am a four-month-no-AP loser grin
DONT FEEL BAD BRO, IT TOOK ME ABOUT 7 MONTHS (i THINK, i LOST COUNT) TILL i PROJECTED.

Crap, I just realized I wrote all that in capslock.  Too lazy to change it  tongue
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2010, 16:58:39 »

PFFT... when you get to 10+ years... then we'll talk.  Wink
I just started having success recently.

Fresco
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2010, 21:52:40 »

PFFT... when you get to 10+ years... then we'll talk.  Wink
I just started having success recently.
With success you mean exiting consistently, right??
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2010, 21:56:41 »

no

be awesome.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2010, 04:08:37 »

With "success" I mean successfully doing it once.

So you'll understand when I scoff at people who say they're frustrated after a few months... or a couple years... Smiley

Fresco
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:41 »

With "success" I mean successfully doing it once.

So you'll understand when I scoff at people who say they're frustrated after a few months... or a couple years... Smiley
You only exited once so far in 10 years?? 
Wow, thats commitment.  I think I wouldve quit and called it a day after 1 year, let alone 10  tongue
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2010, 17:18:31 »

What keeps me trying Conscious Exits is that I can always just project through my lucid dreams instead. 
So I'm really in no rush.  Smiley

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2010, 18:15:35 »

most people only practice in a regular dedicated fashion for a few months at a time it seems.  the rest of that time, AP, OBE, LD are just on the brain.  i studied projection for a number of years, but at any one time i've only practiced regularly for a few months at a time (6-8 months was the most).  then sometimes we take a break and read about it and related subjects.  keeps it fresh in the mind and opens up the subconscious more and more to the idea of letting the "I" go out on it's journeys leaving the "me" (the body/ego) behind.

be awesome.
eflynn
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2010, 18:15:20 »

Wow, this is a long thread.  I have some thoughts I'd like to share based on the original post but since I haven't read more than 4-5 pages, I apologize right now if this is redundant.  Moderators, feel free to delete this post if it is - I won't be hurt. 

Focussing on the ringing in my ears is actually the very first technique I used (I've probably tried them all over the years) that produced real results that forced me to change my mind from not really beliving in AP but being curious to beliving this stuff really happens to people.  What happened was that eventually (it was probably somewhere between 1-2 hours of laying in bed focussing on the ringing) the ringing just kind of became the exit vibrations.  And holy cow! They were serious vibrations.  Not the kind of subtle waves you feel when doing energy/body awareness type excercises.  It literally felt like a bucket of ice water was dumped over my body starting at my head and moving down to my feet.  Shocked me so much I forced myself to wake up (and then regretted doing that considering this was what I was trying to accomplish). 

But the thing I wanted to add relates to the focussing on the blackness behind the eyes.  This has never worked for me - it just keeps me awake, which kinda' makes sense because by doing this, you are deliberatley keeping at least a part of your body awake.  I tried doing this when I used this ear-ringing method, along with trying like heck to silence my mind of all thoughts, and nothing ever happened.  When it finally worked, I had given up on staring into my eyelids and keeping my mind silent, and instead, kept focussing on the ringing, which got progressively louder, while just letting my mind wander like it naturally does when I go to sleep at night. 

My personal opinion is that this technique could be really good for you but if it's not working, try forgetting about using your physical eyes to stare into the darkness while trying to AP.  Either let your mind wander on it's own (tricky though, could make you just fall alseep like usual) or imagine something in your mind's eye and concentrate on that.  In other words, you've got to go from physical sight to mind's eye sight (not sure how else to describe it).  At least, I do.  You can even just imagine looking into blackness in your mind as if you were staring at your closed eyelids with your physical eyes, but you've got to eventually make that subtle shift from seeing blackness with your physical eyes to seeing blackness in your mind (whatever "mind" is  wink). 
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2010, 22:34:31 »

i completely agree eflynn.

at the time that was the best way i could describe what you do with your eyes.  in truth, what i was trying to get at was the elimination of physical eyes from the equation.  the eyes constantly make micromovements to make sure that there is no danger in the immediate environment.  This makes focusing hard.  We have a tendency to associate our 'I' with the space behind our eyes, so it can be hard to break focus from trying to see something.  the goal in the original instruction was to just stare blankly into the darkness and let your eyes go to sleep.  I have since found that it's not as easy as all that. 

So, good call.

be awesome.
Fresco
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2010, 00:13:13 »

Is the ringing in the ears the actual vibrations of the universe??  Or is it something else?
Taoistguy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2010, 00:16:25 »

Is the ringing in the ears the actual vibrations of the universe??  Or is it something else?

Ah, the million pound question. undecided
I feel it is the universe. Since I started, I hear it all the time now. I don't think it's tinnitus.
Fresco
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2010, 00:20:30 »

Focussing on the ringing in my ears is actually the very first technique I used (I've probably tried them all over the years) that produced real results that forced me to change my mind from not really beliving in AP but being curious to beliving this stuff really happens to people.  What happened was that eventually (it was probably somewhere between 1-2 hours of laying in bed focussing on the ringing) the ringing just kind of became the exit vibrations.  And holy cow! They were serious vibrations.  Not the kind of subtle waves you feel when doing energy/body awareness type excercises.  It literally felt like a bucket of ice water was dumped over my body starting at my head and moving down to my feet.  Shocked me so much I forced myself to wake up (and then regretted doing that considering this was what I was trying to accomplish)
Can you give us more tips on what to do exactly?? 
All you do is focus on the ringing, and thats it??  Or is there more to it then that??
AlanRK
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2010, 01:50:04 »

I can also attest to the "ringing sound" (one of many names) being extremely powerful for meditation and OBE'ing. I don't know what it is, but that's a pleasant mystery for now.
Taoistguy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2010, 01:59:40 »

I think that sound, as a sense, can be used just the same as vision. We could 'see' the blobs in the blackness, or hear the 'blobs' in the sounds. We could just as likely smell the blobs. Or taste and feel then. Maybe because our sight and hearing are the most developed apparent;y obvious senses they work best?

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2010, 02:36:32 »

We can actually take cues from our other senses in defining what that sound is.
And it comes down to the idea that our senses ALWAYS need to be doing something.
I believe the sound we hear is the absence of sound.  It's there so that our hearing has something to hear. 

CFTraveler
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2010, 04:09:01 »

The sound we hear is the hairs on the ear canal, which have an electric charge.  So when there is no sound being turned into electric impulses, it's just white noise.  So technically, Ryan is right.  White noise= no sound input.

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:59 »

not necessarily arguing your point CFT, but I can focus on the sound and hear it even when there is other aural stimuli around.

be awesome.
CFTraveler
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2010, 04:18:48 »

Because the electric charge is always there.  But sure, why not?  There's more than one tone, so I imagine that some will react and some won't, and some are reacting to the ambient frequency (for lack of a better term, lol).
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2010, 04:19:24 »

word.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: