The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 26, 2017, 17:11:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is OBE been proved scientifically?  (Read 4958 times)
amazingino
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: June 24, 2012, 13:11:09 »

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first question, sorry if I appear skeptical Smiley

I had LDs and various "experiences", either meditation or DMT "induced" so I know there is something out there and I explore it regularly.

That being said, I always had difficulties understanding why people think that they are visiting the REAL world during OBE. All experiments I heard of failed miserably at trying to prove that. Yes, it can be very convincing, to feel getting out of the body, but isn't it just that: a feeling produced by our own body/soul?

For me, the OBE/AP are just same thing, the "soul" traveling to other places different from our everyday life.

If I'm wrong, can someone please provide a link to a serious study proving that we are visiting the real world and not just a almost perfect mind reconstruction of our environment? For example, seeing things during OBE and confirm it once awaken.
desert-rat
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 14:39:10 »

Robert Monroe would visit his friends while out of body see what they were doing , then ask them later what they were doing .  There is a story of a British m.p. that even tho he was sick in bed he appeared in Parliment to vote .  If I ever fine his  name I will post it .  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe    desert rat
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 14:39:10 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 15:01:17 »

I can offer my collection. On this simple page some convincing scientific (lab) experiments also are provided (e.g. by Tart, or by Lieberman in the 70ies), below it are a few more mentioned in literature, and then also from message boards such as this one a collection (with links!) of many examples of anecdotal evidence that contain OBE-'validations' (confirmation of events or things observed before in obe-state). Here it is:

http://reconnection.lima-city.de/OBE-Verification/index.html

So this is just AP/OBE, but if you look for more on validations and some scientific examination, I also recommend to you any scientific literature on NDEs which contain a vast amount of validations, read books by Pim V. Lommel, R. Moody, B. Greyson, J. Long, and quite a few more

the same applies to the practice of Remote Viewing, which has been e.g. evalutated with the PEAR studies at the University of Virgina. also, the CIA and other agencies use(d) remote viewing (although they nowadays say they don't, but that' just the official version...)

Here's the institute:
http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/experiments.html

Here's Stephen Schwartz, an archeologist who has huge success with application of Remote viewing in his discoveries:

http://www.stephanaschwartz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/caravel.pdf
http://www.stephanaschwartz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Beaks_Cay-.pdf
http://www.stephanaschwartz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Beaks_Cay-.pdf
http://www.stephanaschwartz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Marea.pdf

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 16:37:48 »

If you're looking for "scientific" PROOF that what we do is "real"... you sadly won't find it.  And you might not ever find it.

However, as my friends above have mentioned... there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence to support the claims.

It all comes down to personal experience.  You've seemingly had many wonderful experiences.  Use them.  Smiley

desert-rat
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 17:11:59 »

I would think if some one did get there name and phone number on a ghost hunters e.v.p. tape that would offer some proof , but I dont think it would be good enough for the James Randi millon $ prize .  If one did give there phone number to a stranger ,while out of body ,  and got a call back , it would offer some proof .It is a common belief that we all go out of body ever night , but dont remember , one night I willed my self to give my number to any one I met . I got some out of state calls where no one spoke , so I just dont know .           desert rat
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 17:11:59 »

amazingino
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 18:03:40 »

If you're looking for "scientific" PROOF that what we do is "real"... you sadly won't find it.  And you might not ever find it.

However, as my friends above have mentioned... there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence to support the claims.

It all comes down to personal experience.  You've seemingly had many wonderful experiences.  Use them.  Smiley

Thank you for your input, of course everything we experience is real, even most weird experiences. The issue I have with OBE reports is that people claim they are navigating in our everyday dimension.
I also had few OBEs and visited places that cannot be described but was aware of the fact that I am away, even though the world can seem familiar. I am very open minded person and maybe some of us can really do OBEs and stay in same dimension, I just don't know, but it seems pretty easy to prove.

After visiting those anecdotal reports, my opinion on the subject for the moment is that OBEs are real but the not happening in our everyday reality even if visually it appears so.
Kirkland
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 18:15:03 »

I swear this question gets posted every single week  rolleyes. Firstly do a search of the forum there are literally hundreds of threads asking the same question. Secondly science doesn't know everything up till the 1890's the scientific community rejected the notion that there was such a thing as a trance state. I don't think it's possible to get scientific proof that everyone seems to crave whatever verification someone gets will always be subjective and not objective.

Bordmb
Astral Energy 2

bordmb@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 18:31:13 »

In Far Journeys, Monroe points out that people's body voltage and other body mechanics take on measurable changes at the same time they report going out of body. It's not proof but it certainly is interesting and I would definitely recommend that book as a good read if you want some science on the subject.
amazingino
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 19:00:38 »

I swear this question gets posted every single week  rolleyes. Firstly do a search of the forum there are literally hundreds of threads asking the same question. Secondly science doesn't know everything up till the 1890's the scientific community rejected the notion that there was such a thing as a trance state. I don't think it's possible to get scientific proof that everyone seems to crave whatever verification someone gets will always be subjective and not objective.

Sorry if it is not clear what I'm saying. I believe OBEs are real, this is not the issue here. The issue is whether or not it happens in our everyday life. And this CAN be proved easily by asking OBE voluntaries to report things they see using scientific method. In contrast to "I wrote a number on a paper and I swear to god she reported it!".
Bordmb
Astral Energy 2

bordmb@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 19:16:29 »

Sorry if it is not clear what I'm saying. I believe OBEs are real, this is not the issue here. The issue is whether or not it happens in our everyday life. And this CAN be proved easily by asking OBE voluntaries to report things they see using scientific method. In contrast to "I wrote a number on a paper and I swear to god she reported it!".

Robert Monroe did exactly what you're asking, but there isn't proof or lack of proof, simply research and evidence. He conducted many studies, founded a research institute and used a purely scientific approach to explain OOBE's and other phenomena.
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 19:42:33 »

Hi,
@ Amazing,
I've been doing this for years and life has been saved.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/just_a_dream-t36961.0.html

This is one of my latest so I need no proof.
Enjoy.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 20:15:09 »

Etheric Projections?

Yeah, I'm really on the fence as to whether it's the actual physical reality people experience, or whether it's just some elaborate collective copy of the consciousnesses who are currently experiencing it.  I made a post regarding my theory of it.  I'll try to find the link... http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/06/02/possible-cause-for-reality-fluctuations-in-our-projections/

There's evidence really to support both concepts.  That it's just a malleable copy AND that it's the actual physical reality. 
Although, to be honest... I'm learning more towards my theory I posted above.  It makes the most logical sense to me.  LoL

todd421757
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 02:19:55 »

I still don't understand why people try to prove OBE's by using their visual sense in the rtz (example card tricks, 5 digit numbers, etc.)

I have moved objects during etheric projections. This is my recommend way to prove OBE's and the rtz are real. If you have difficulties in figuring out how to move objects, you can practice on a psi or chi wheel. There are some good youtube videos showing how.

Once you get good on the psi or chi wheel, then you can start practicing moving objects during etheric projections.

In my opinion, etheric projections are about energy. Relying on the visual sense may lead to reality fluctuations.

I have moved objects under different etheric states. I'll give one example of me actually moving an object from each etheric state.

1) One etheric state is by expanding your etheric body while it is still in the physical body. This would be an etheric ballooning expansion which makes contact with an object to move it. This has to be done relatively close to the physical body, since the etheric body is technically still attached to the physical body, but it has expanded to make contact with the object. The most amazing example of this etheric state is when I was laying in bed on my back and knocked a curtain down off its rail. This scared me a lot, until I realized what I did. I inspected the curtain afterwards to make sure it was a valid experiment. The curtain came down at the exact same moment I willed my etheric energy towards it.

2) The second etheric state is by actually separating your etheric body from your physical body and moving your etheric body to the object. There is no etheric ballooning effect with this type since there is an actual separation of the etheric body from the physical body. The most amazing example of this etheric state is when I knocked the toilet bowl cleaner handle apparatus off my shower wall frame. I put it here to allow it to dry before I would store it away. This one I had to pull in etheric matter from the environment to make my separated etheric body denser to allow myself to be able to knock it down. After I knocked it down, I went straight back to my body to confirm this experience was successful.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:11:50 by todd421757 » Logged
Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:24 »

I second todd's analysis. I am also convinced now that an etheric projection is one perfect method (I say one, since of course there might be others) to 'prove' that there is a relation to and/or direct intrusion into physical timespace as we experience it as 3D matter.
My own 'involuntary' etheric-kundaliniwaves-like projection experience (see according thread here) proved this to me. It was the only time I saw everything without any fluctuation ever when in "my room", I saw even myself lying in bed clearly. I have no doubts about its veracity at all. Seeing myself with closed eyelids sticks so much in my memory til today.

Learn how to etheric-project and you learn how to validate OBE. smiley

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40:41 »

btw, I think that any telekinetic or poltergeist effects that we might experience in our room, especially why doing meditative, trance or even projection work, might also be attributed to the etheric body or the leaking of etheric 'energy' somehow, so it is caused by the projecters themselves

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 12:25:20 »

Hi,
Reply 25 sound familiar
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_metaphysics/regeneration_is_it_possible-t5040.0.html;msg298127;topicseen#msg298127

The first time I was around 9 years old, the rapping from the mid 70's after reading Sylvan Muldoons book T.P.o.t.A.B.
It's backed up again with your post.

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 12:46:21 »

Ah yes, of course .. Muldoon! Thanks, szaxx, I read this book 2 years ago and he was maybe the most skilled etheric/RTZ projector ever, as concluded from his descriptions.

Found the part on it online, very interesting (click first link for 'raps'):

http://books.google.de/books?id=Z3hRU7_mCVEC&printsec=frontcover&hl=de&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=raps&f=false

I assume 'exteriorized motivity' is the same as what we call today a conscious sleep paralysis? It is the state where we can consciously produce raps at will, by sending the mental command along the line (cord?) to the etheric part which is 'out'?

Wow. Hope I will come into this state again one day to give it a try.

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:05 »

Hi,
I'll re read it as its been 38 years since and I may of forgot a word or two, lol.
Its on my list of to do's, the first being a trip to Europa et Jovian. If I can get the energy.....Id so love to sea, lol.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: