The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2020, 08:31:15

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new, need help  (Read 1455 times)
Oliver
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2002, 23:49:48 »

Hey,

Welcome.

Some advice, don't use other peoples experiences as a benchmark for your own, some people leave their body the first time they try, and others can take longer. It depends on the person, and how they go about it I guess.

As for meditation, read up about it, try it out. My definition of meditation is, stilling the mind, and entering a tranced state, or altered state of consciousness.

Oliver

jilola
Astral Energy 5

143173721 jilola
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 23:51:52 »

From what I've been able to gather it takes anything from no time to several years. Don't force it (I'm trying not to) it'll happen eventually (I hope).

Meditation? That's extremely individual, in my opinion. It ranges from just being with your own thoughts to a number of detailed methods.
A good way to start is just to find a restful moment to be silent and feel your thoughts.
One way is to examine whatever comes to your mind with no particular goal and follow the thoughts. Then try to resolve the thoughts and gently make them go away. Eventually you'll end up with a still mind that is at peace.
Another is to just relax and feel your breath until the breathing rhythm is all that you're aware of.

It all boils down to being relaxed and in tune with whatever wtate of mind you're in at the moment.

my 2 cents

jouni
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 23:51:52 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

k2sixx
Astral Energy 2

k2sixx
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 00:12:23 »

I was 15 when I began practicing to do OBE's; I'm only 16 now though.  I don't think this forum will teach you as much as the books will.  I can give you some personal recommendations of the many that I've read.  A thorough understanding of the process and the things to note is quite important when attempting to achieve an OBE.
I read a book called "The Best Guide to Meditation", and they gave 10 definitions for meditation, but the one they seemed to focus on was "calm awareness".  The best way to go, IMO, is to read.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 09:43:13 »

My idea of meditation is to be without thought.  It's really hard to stop the mind from grabbing every little insignificant thing and carrying it along.  If you can stop all the surface thoughts then you allow 'things' to come to you that exist on a deeper level.   It's  like listening for the important stuff that's deep inside you, but first you have to clear the mind and all that thinking, so you can hear it.

Woopaching
Astral Energy 1

Woopaching7
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 01:28:45 »

Some of the meditations could be described as "pure concentration". Being able to relax everypart of you into one focus. Eventually it becomes natural reflex to concentrate without thinking about it... and then your mind truely becomes relaxed thought, or quieted. Anyway, that's my take.

Relax relax relax.
Keith

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 01:28:45 »

niceguy2m
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2002, 23:37:09 »

I am 15 years old and just started practising for astral projection a couple of days ago.  I was wondering how long it took some of you people to astral travel once you first started.  Also how long before a good trance.  And i'm not quite sure what meditation is.

Please help
                       Thank you

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: