The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2019, 21:44:42

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming as GATEWAY to OBE  (Read 1106 times)
Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 12, 2002, 18:26:09 »

Greetings Daniel!

I am not an expert in these things, but I think I am right in saying that technically, if you black out during a successful OBE attempt, then it actually becomes a Lucid Dream.

I am not sure what the exact differences between a Lucid Dream and an OBE/Astral Projection, but I do know that the former can be converted into the latter. Whether that means you then find yourself in the Astral or the Real Time Zone I could not say for sure.

Apologies for being so vague, it is all a matter of definitions I guess

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
PeacefulWarrior
Astral Energy 5

The best medicine is the display of compassion.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 20:59:05 »

Thanks for your thoughts.  So, although you didn't know all the details/answers to my question , you do know that one can become the other...that's what I thought.  But I thought you could go from OBE to Lucid Dream, not the other way around.  So what you are saying is that during an OBE, one can find his or herself in the LD state?  Is being in the LD state the same thing as being in the "mental planes" or in other words the planes in which the mind (subconscious) is creating everything, including the enviornment, the "characters", etc.?

This is fascinating...anyone else know more?

I am going to re-read some of Bruce's writings, I am sure he addresses this point specifically.

Grace by grace, principle by principle, we strive towards perfection.  

Il mio maestro e' colui che era perfetto, il stesso che ha datto la sua vita per noi.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 20:59:05 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

PeacefulWarrior
Astral Energy 5

The best medicine is the display of compassion.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 17:33:09 »

I am somewhat confused regarding the correlation between lucid dreaming and OBE.  Although I have had OBE's, every time it has been involuntary.  I have also conditioned myself to lucid dream in the past.

Could someone provide a simple explanation about the link between lucid dreaming and conscious projection.  During a LD can one make a conscious exit into the real time physical astral plane?

Thanks!

Grace by grace, principle by principle, we strive towards perfection.  

Il mio maestro e' colui che era perfetto, il stesso che ha datto la sua vita per noi.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: