The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 30, 2020, 19:50:44

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MRI possible oobe?  (Read 2979 times)
Aras
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2006, 19:23:02 »

HI,
I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I have had a few experiences when in a sleep-wake-state, where I get his buzzing noise very loud over my head and sometimes I have let go, and had a quck oobe. Sometimes it has frightened me to where I can't let go and open my eyes to stop it, or get up out of bed. 
Yesterday I had an MRI, my first one, and while each image they did the sound got louder and louder, and the buzzing over my head from the MRI, I felt as if I did before in my sleep-wake-state, that I was going to have the oobe again. So, I had to stop it from happening, so I would open my eyes and try not to let it happen. I would have like to see what would have happened, but I had to stay still, I couldn't move anything, and was afraid that If I let it happen.. then they would have had to do the MRI all over again. So, I guess my question is.. has this happened to anyone, hearing the sound and feeling the vibration from the MRI. I understand that the hemi-sync  (tones?)makes it so that you are able more easily to achieve the obe(which I have never done or heard) I just found it to be quite interesting that the MRI could put me in that 'zone' too.
Thanks... 
I have posted this on another site to get feedback also.
Aras
catmeow
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 00:13:03 »

That's very interesting.

I have had two MRI's in the past few years, and on BOTH occasions, the noise, buzzing, humming and clicking from the MRI machine sent me straight into the MABA state.  I would drift in and out between PWC (physical waking consciousness) and MABA (mind-awake-body-asleep), staying on the borderline between these two states.  It was kind of important not to drift off to sleep, because I had to keep my leg perfecetly still, and drifting off to sleep - who knows what twitching and kicking I would do whilst asleep?   But I remember thinking "this is the most relaxing noise" at the time and wondering if it would be a useful hemi-sync type of noise to use later.  I always intended to post about it, but never did.  Your post reminded me!  It seems that your MRI experience was EXACTLY the same as mine!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 00:15:10 by catmeow » Logged

The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 00:13:03 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Ilieawake
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 03:41:33 »

The human mind is a wonderful bit of machinery.  This is partly due to a conditional response.  Whether you consciously acknowledge that you experience that sound nightly, the buzzing/vibration, your mind does.  It recognizes it fully and because the sensation and sound is SOO similiar to the sound you experiences before your subtle body (usually your astral with this type of buzzing) leaves during normal sleep periods your mind sees it as a signal (you are usually conscious at this point).  This along with the very distinct possibility is that the magnetic field alters your brainwaves, due to the relatively strong magnetic field, we have a potential OBE but more likely an altered state of mind.
David Warner
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:49:07 »

Aras and Catmeow!

I hope your MRI was okay and not life threatning!

Never had a MRI done on me before, but this is interesting information you've noticed. I wonder during this experience, anything was picked up by the machines during this scan?

From personal experience, I've video tapped, audio recorded my heart beat, breathing and no vibrational noises, or weird sounds came from the physical body during the obe.

tvos

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us
Aras
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 19:59:05 »

Thanks for all your feedback everyone.
Catmeow: I do feel better knowing that someone else experienced the same thing. =)
Aras
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 19:59:05 »

catmeow
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 22:56:14 »

Quote from: Tvos
I wonder during this experience, anything was picked up by the machines during this scan?

In my own case the MRI on both occasions was of my knee... so I don't think anything too profound would have shown up!  However, the point is very well  made.  There are in fact new brain imaging techniques (I'm not sure if these are MRI or EEG) which do take rapid snapshots of brain activity whilst an individual is concentrating on various tasks.  It would be very interesting to map a person's brain in this way whilst he is having an OBE. 

Aras - I hope you were not too disturbed by your MRI experience!  For my part, it was a very intriguing experience.  Whilst shifting between PWC and MABA I was mentally quite conscious but was aware also that my physical hearing kept shutting down.... the buzzing and clicking of the MRI would fade completely and be replaced by mild hypnogogic visual imagery.  Then the buzzing would reappear and the imagery would fade as I slipped out of MABA.  And then back into MABA again...

The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda
Ilieawake
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:56 »

Brainwaves have been tested when a person was in an obe and I think it was shown to be in the delta, but having a full brain scan would be amazing although nearly impossible at this point.  A comprehensive EEG would be more practical.
Synergy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 04:33:02 »

I have always known that electromagnetism has a profound effect on OBEs... so I am not surprised that you got into that state from the MRI.

My most vivid OBE came from being inside a ship that was being depermed (wrapped in large cables where electricity is passed through to erase the magnetic signature of the hull - its a warship I am in the Navy)  anyway basically I was sleeping in a very large electromagnet for a few nights and enabled me to induce the most vivid OBE I had to date.  It was astral projection not real time, and I was able to contact my deceased father. 

I would love to experiment more with the effects of electromagnetism on OBEs.

My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book
David Warner
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:52:22 »

how does one get the chance to exp electromagnetic energy without a mri or being in the navy ?

tvos

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us
Ilieawake
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 14:37:35 »

I wouldn't recommend interupting your brainwaves without any idea of what you are doing because thats exactly what you are doing, causing your brain to misfire.
jub jub
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 15:16:03 »

how does one get the chance to exp electromagnetic energy without a mri or being in the navy ?

tvos

You could build your own EM generator! I have been thinking about building such a device. It's pretty straight forward and wouldn't be too terribly expensive, depending on how resourceful you are.

“A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others”  -  Charles Darwin
Time Traveler
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 16:02:10 »

I had a MRI done about 2 years ago. Soon after I started feeling the vibrations and buzzing throughout my body...mostly at night. When I became interstested in and practicing AP they got much stronger. There must be some connection with the sounds that they play to get brain activity...its just like hemi sync.
Ilieawake
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 19:04:01 »

I can refer you to my post but you may have already read it, but thats the main reasons.
Synergy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 20:18:52 »

I remember before we were depermed, many of the crew had questions about safety of being inside while the electricity was passed through the cables, and the health and safety board sent us a 20 page report on it.  Apparently, it's not 'unsafe' to be within an EM field.  As for just how safe it actually is, I don't know.... I certainly had no harm come to me from it, and the hoards of people who get MRI's every day at hospitals all over the world, do not seem to suffer any ill effects from it. 

I would also say that any home made EM producing device would be much less in strength than an MRI, or what I experienced inside the ship.

My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book
jub jub
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 15:47:56 »

I found this on the web just a little while ago. I believe it answers the question as to whether or not OBE's can be induced by EM waves!

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.11/persinger_pr.html

“A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others”  -  Charles Darwin
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: