The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 20, 2020, 13:33:51

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Switching to non-physical realities  (Read 426 times)
MagikOwl
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: February 06, 2020, 02:35:32 »

Or more specifically, learning how to do it from begining to the end consciously.

Let's just say i'm very good at the begining part (a sort of mini-dream state) and I have some experience of the end (unvolontary acces to non-physical from time to time), but the middle part is what's missing for me wich is, I think, what everyone is strungling with.

More recently, it has been my belief that practicing alone is now counter-productive and that I should interact more with people who practice in order to have a better understanding of some concept or maybe a different view point that can show me new way of thinking.

I have follow your advice Lumaza about "applying more patience to the process", wich make sense when you think about it. I have increase my session length and try to let the mini-dreams come and go. I just had 3 sessions so it's a bit early to judge but I have realize that each access to the mini-dream make me less and less aware of my physical body. It feel like the process of switching to non-physical realities really need me out of the way for a few seconds in order to prepare my body for the experience (or sleep if I fail), and it is doing it bit by bit at its own pace. Wich leads me to some questions to Lumaza when you say
it won't always be like that though. Nowadays, I can jump in and hone onto my first visual. But that came through a lot of trial and error. I learned to completely "hone in" on them now. That seems to be the name of the game in this practice. Learning how to passively observe is a skill that is very important with this practice.

How do you "hone" a visual and does it help you accelerate the process by doing so ? For me, I don't control the length of time it take to start the process or the length of time between mini-dreams or anything else actually. It can be very fast or increadibly slow like my last session where I spent 1h30 in the mini-dreams, it felt like only 30mn has passed and I had to stop it cause I had to take care of other stuff. Last week, only a 40mn to spare for a session and I was deep inside a scene in what feel like 15mn or so. It really depend on my mood I think, but I would like to know if you can have more control over it ?

For those of you reading this and are interested to try, you just have to seat or lie in your couch/bed/sofa it doesn't matter, and let your awareness wander where it wants to, like when you are taking a nap or when you go to sleep.
At some point you will see that you are naturally captivated by some thoughts or images, it will feel like you lost yourself in your own mind for a few seconds, this is the "mini-dream state" as I call it.
Observe the thoughts/images come and go, you will be captivated by what you see for 3-4 seconds and then you will come back to where you seat/lie.
You will have a tendency to look at it but whatever you were looking at will disapear, until the next one come up and it will feel like you playing on a seesaw or "yo-yo" with your body, few seconds in the image, 1 or 2 minutes in the body and so on.
If that's the case, well you reach my level, it's really not that hard to reach but it's the "balancing act" that come after that is an unknown to me.

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 21:47:28 »

Hi,
You should try 1 hour less sleep every night for a while. You'll find things move faster and you can also create your own scenes and it's easy to jump in. Once proficient things can move forwards really smoothly. Once you're comfy it takes less than 5 mins to be in otherwhere.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 21:47:28 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:25:14 »

Or more specifically, learning how to do it from begining to the end consciously.

Let's just say i'm very good at the begining part (a sort of mini-dream state) and I have some experience of the end (unvolontary acces to non-physical from time to time), but the middle part is what's missing for me wich is, I think, what everyone is strungling with.
You say you are good at the beginning and the end, but not the middle, is this because you "click out"/lose consciousness during the middle?

More recently, it has been my belief that practicing alone is now counter-productive and that I should interact more with people who practice in order to have a better understanding of some concept or maybe a different view point that can show me new way of thinking.
I agree. Obviously the practicing part has to be done alone. But having a "network" of helpers like this Forum has that are ready to aid you in your quest is very helpful.
 When I was new here, I read every Sticky. I read Xanth's primer, Adrian's book, David Warner's website, Frank's PDF, basically everything I could get my hands on. Each one had great hints and tip to help me on my quest as well.

I have follow your advice Lumaza about "applying more patience to the process", wich make sense when you think about it. I have increase my session length and try to let the mini-dreams come and go. I just had 3 sessions so it's a bit early to judge but I have realize that each access to the mini-dream make me less and less aware of my physical body. It feel like the process of switching to non-physical realities really need me out of the way for a few seconds in order to prepare my body for the experience (or sleep if I fail), and it is doing it bit by bit at its own pace. Wich leads me to some questions to Lumaza when you say.
Learning to be patient and applying that to the process is very important. But there are other things you can do that "indirectly' will aid you in your explorations.

I read what you posted here last night. I didn't post here right away because I wanted to do my Phase session based on your question. Some of the answers I received even surprised me. I was told to follow the 3 M's. Mindset, Motion and lastly "Memory". That was the one that I didn't expect. I thought it would be more like mindset, motion and visualization, but it was soon explained to me why "Memory" seemed to be important too. Not actually "a memory, but more like where memories occur in our brains. It seems to be the same place that "ideas" are born. Hence the cartoon caption of a light bulb when we have that profound thought that just arises. When a person remembers something, they seem to be accessing a different "screen", per se. The visual plays in the "Mind's eye". I am not a Neurologist or anything like that, but when I remember something, I tend to feel my eyes looking upwards. It doesn't feel like I am accessing my normal visual cortex. I feels like this visual is coming from a entirely different compartment. That's the key here. We want to get away from the visual screen and up to the Mind's eye as fast as we can. Simply because when you have accessed that higher screen, you have completely released your focus on your physical realty here.

How do we do that. There are a number of ways. Throughout the last 8 years here I have experimented with a number of techniques. I have trained myself on a daily basis how to access the NP quite quickly.

When I was new here, the first technique I tried that I had fantastic results with was "Candle staring". Just as it implies, you basically stare at the lit flame of a candle for about you then first blow the candle out. You then "immediately" close your eyes and now you are seeing the imprint of that flame in your visual screen. You do this when it is totally dark so that flame is imprinted in your eyes. You then hold that image as long as you can. When it fades, bring it back. Ignore everything else but that flame. You are now "honing" in on that image. It's simple to do and if you are serious about it, you will definitely experience something. It could be signposts of the onset of a shift in consciousness or it could actually go into a full blown scene.

Later in my practice I saw the movie "Inception" and liked the way that Leonardo's character targeted a child's "spinning" top toy. I still use that one today. I found it easy to "target" and hone in completely on that top as it spun. Many times that visual would morph and I would onto that for as long I could. In a way, it's like "stretching a muscle" that is seldom used.

One day while just staring into the darkness before my closed eyes, I began playing around with sports activities. Well, actually first, I was having a projection and ended up in a game of beach volleyball. I realized, as I was supposed to, that's why it was taught to me, that focusing on action sports was a great way to loose my physical reality focus. One of my favorites was shooting a basketball. I was never a big Basketball player in my youth. But the motion of shooting the ball is based on repetition. Just a side note here, RIP Kobe and thanks for the memories. I don't watch Basketball at all today, but it did in the past when Kobe, Shaq, Michael Jordan, Barkley and all the other greats played. I was a big fan then.

So, I would close my eyes and go through the mental motions of shooting hoops. The thing I didn't know until today was that I wasn't really visualizing it with my closed eyes, I was instead remembering how I did it with my "mind's eye". I would be so deep into this action that soon things began occurring that I didn't mentally image. At first, it was just the feeling of holding the ball and shooting it. Soon a net appeared. Then someone began passing the ball back to me. Pretty soon I was in a 5 on 5 game. That's what happened when I "locked" in to the visual.

Next I played around with ping pong, tennis, yo-yoing, one of Lightbeam's favorites "jumping on a Trampoline". All of those action based exercises would lead to some kind of adventure.

I then started playing around with "Phantom Wiggling" as talked about in the thread on this Forum here. I found that I really liked "motion". I soon began to target motion based on directions. As of, up/rising, down/plummeting, left and right seemed to be "veering" in said direction. Forward would be akin to a roller coaster ride or driving simulation and backwards, well roller coasters go backwards too.

My better half and I create handmade Dragons that we sell at Renaissance Faires. The color of the Dragon is based on elements Air/yellow, Earth/green, Fire/red, Water/blue. So, I began working more with Element based visuals.
 Everyday in my daily Phase session I do a "healing modality". This is basically creating a temple of light around me, then inviting those in need into it. At the end of that modality I do mentally say and see a Mantra. I say see because I have a visual that because I have a visual that accompanies it as well. The Mantra is ancient and goes like this. RA MA DA DA SA SAY SOH HUNG. At first when I started using the Mantra I would just mentally repeat it. Somewhere along the line, visuals accompanied it and they just happened to be Elements. RA was Sun/fire, MA water, DA the Earth, SA SAY and SOH were the Air and then there was weird explosion of energy going outwards correspond to the HUNG at the end. Pretty soon, all those images blended into one image where I see the "Temple". Above the Temple is the Sun/fire, in back flowing towards me is the water. Surrounding the "Temple" are flowers and grass. Air occurs when I suddenly feel a motion of flight and then lastly there is the energy rush or output at the end of it.

Why did I explain all this to you? Because I have people constantly saying "boy I wish I could do what you do" and "you are so much better at this than me". They don't see all the work behind the lines though. All the effort it has taken me to be able to that. To this day I still experiment whenever I can.

I don't want you to mirror what I do. It works for me. Only you know what works for you. Take what works from the Stickies and threads here on this Forum. Don't take it as set in stone though. Experiment.

Lastly we come to "Mindset". This is another important one. It's how we "disassociate" ourselves from our physical body focus. Every time I close my eyes to do a Phase session or even go to sleep, I mentally say "By my act of will I release my focus over my physical body". When I was first new here I was shown via a "NP mentor" that the faster you can disassociate yourself from your physical focus, the faster the shift would occur. I experienced in a number of different ways. One was watching as a bunch of little Pac man like characters ate my physical body away. I saw myself in another as a "outline in chalk", I watched in another how my body just seemed to dissolve while attempting some energy work and in yet another, I purposely "unzipped" my Human suit. Each one of these showed me the importance of ridding that focus as soon as I could.  
 I prefer to experience the NP as a simple "point of consciousness". I never look for or at my hands/appendages, but if I find them necessary in some adventure, they will be there!

...and that's the end for now. I am getting "Typer's cramp", lol!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:44:35 by Lumaza » Logged

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
MagikOwl
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 16:28:44 »

Ahah WOW lumaza I did not expect such a complete answer  grin, thank you again for your patience and for all the good suggestions !!

You say you are good at the beginning and the end, but not the middle, is this because you "click out"/lose consciousness during the middle?
Yes, I practice 5 to 6 time a week, I have 1 unvolontary access every two weeks or so usualy due to a loss of consciousness. Last one was a few days ago, I was too tired to practice and lost consciousness, I regain consciousness in my room next to my body and I then practice coming back to the physical as slowly as I can to try and grasp the feeling of the transition. It seems so natural and easy when I do non-physical-->physical, but I cannot reproduce the same feeling from physical to non-physical.

I'm using Szaxx "Astral Blueprint"(I am stuck between part 2 and part 3 of the blueprint) and the Frank Kepple ressource as my main source of information because I can relate more easily to what I am reading, so I will allow half of my weekly sessions to experiment and try to mix my "technique" with some of your examples (I will see what I can do with your "Doorway technique" and how I can implement it in relation to my mini-dreams) and the other half just to observe the mini-dreams has you taught/told me earlier.

Lastly we come to "Mindset". This is another important one. It's how we "disassociate" ourselves from our physical body focus. Every time I close my eyes to do a Phase session or even go to sleep, I mentally say "By my act of will I release my focus over my physical body". When I was first new here I was shown via a "NP mentor" that the faster you can disassociate yourself from your physical focus, the faster the shift would occur. I experienced in a number of different ways. One was watching as a bunch of little Pac man like characters ate my physical body away. I saw myself in another as a "outline in chalk", I watched in another how my body just seemed to dissolve while attempting some energy work and in yet another, I purposely "unzipped" my Human suit. Each one of these showed me the importance of ridding that focus as soon as I could. 
 I prefer to experience the NP as a simple "point of consciousness". I never look for or at my hands/appendages, but if I find them necessary in some adventure, they will be there!
That's something new to me, I am not sure how this work but I guess I will only know by trying  smiley

Also thank you Szaxx for the tip, as you can see I am a big fan of your work  wink, I wanted to ask you a question regarding an old post of yours from 2013 :
Being passive is a major key to success. If your awareness is easily kept and you can get to the stage where you have no connection with the physical, a method of exit where you keep that state of  visualisations aka mini-dreams repeating, you can use this to exit on command. You are capable of creating the scene with all the synchronous noises within a couple of seconds and it seemingly enters you. Many other methods feel like you are entering the scene already created by who/whatever.
I'm still perfecting this and it's a little slow to develop. It works every time once the particulars have been met. A balance of sleep is required, not too much and not to little.
Once rested and aware it occurs as in the link provided at the very first mini-dream. I can get to that state within a minuit or two easily.
I have had decades of experiences so that may be cheating a little lol.
Your method is working well, a little fine tuning is required.
I'd guess your problem is jumping in to the scene too soon. I went through that trying to control everything. It fails every time. I stopped and let things just happen and everything fell into place. In the 80's Id go oob during lunchbreak at work. I had total control of everything including how much our time elapsed before it ceased. This was easily attained once familiar with dissassociation from the physical. Master this and the astral will become an immense playground.
I did not follow all your posting from that era until now but how good is your art of switching to non-physical today ? I'm just been curious as been able to do it in less than 5mn is one of my goal yet seems so far away from where I stand.
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 18:29:31 »

I have often been in my car at a shopping centre as the girls dissappear into their 'looking around for whatever' shopping trip. By parking in a quieter corner I know I'll not be disturbed too much and have simply relaxed and let go of this physical existence. The noises around are the last thing to go and once this has occurred I nowadays let the NP create a scene for me. Within a min or two I'm immersed into whatever is presented. This takes a few seconds once the noises are gone and there's no mini dreams now. It's a silky smooth ride as long as you've no emotional ties scraping within your mind. Letting go of the physical means total conscious self awareness and the mindset of never having more than a dream of being here. This 'physical world, meh' mindset detaches you perfectly.
It's far easier if a little tired and your body wants to relax. If you're ready for that afternoon nap, take advantage if safe to do so.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 18:29:31 »

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 23:55:31 »

Letting go of the physical means total conscious self awareness and the mindset of never having more than a dream of being here.
Lovin' it. A sentence to printout and stick to your wall. So good.
 smiley

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: