The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 29, 2020, 22:48:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting past the fear of hypnagogic hallucinations  (Read 4149 times)
Levende
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 23:59:45 »

Right now I believe my biggest barrier preventing me from achieving an OBE is fear of having a hypnagogic hallucination of something terrifying. From what I've read, hypnagogia happens during sleep paralysis, and people can see anything from spiders to an alien in their room. Although I have never had a visual hypnagogic hallucination (I have had auditory), the thought of having a visual hallucination when in sleep paralysis, scares the hell out of me, and it's this fear that is preventing me from moving forward.

Do hypnagogic hallucinations happen everytime? Is this a necessary barrier that we must get through to achieve a higher level of spiritual understanding?

Kind regards,
John
Ident
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 00:17:35 »

It's a dream - what's the worst that can happen? That's a serious question, by the way. What is the worst you can anticipate happening and can you face that?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 00:17:35 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Levende
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:51 »

The fear I have is that of having a hypnagogic hallucination, while in sleep paralysis, of a 'being', like an alien in my room, moving around me or crawling into my bed, all while not being able to do anything.
CFTraveler
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 15:03:11 »

All it can do is scare you, and it looks like you're already in the fear space.
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 16:46:00 »

I've never once had an experience of being frozen in sleep paralysis with crazy stuff going on. In fact, I only remember having SP once and I just concentrated on wiggling my big toe (as recommended) and it worked perfectly. I've had scary moments, but nothing worse than I've experienced in real life.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 16:46:00 »

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 19:57:30 »

Hi,

The simple fact that you know it will scare you means it WILL.
Another approach would be, hey Im going to do this and its going to be fun.
Id take the second option.
You only scare yourself. Thats it. Its like your first ride on a rollercoaster, you are at present getting near the top. Recognise this and enjoy the ride. Youve been there many times before, this one is different. The worst that can happen is you wake up. wow big deal.
go for it.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
ArmyOfOne1911
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 22:10:47 »

I have had one case where I was in sleep paralysis and I was going through the vibrations. This terrified me at the time because I didn't know what was going on. I have never even heard of astral projection at the time. As I was lying there unable to move. I saw a bunch of crosses on my wall shaking while I was in vibration mode. This scared me half to death. I am not a religious person in that aspect so I had no clue what the crosses where there for. I just thought it was a scary dream. If that happened to me again I would not be frightened. I would actually like to observe what was going on etc. Just remember fear is something you have to get over before you can astral project. I have only had one out of body experience and it was simply amazing. It's worth it! Just keep at it. Don't give up.

-Cody
ryan1337
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 00:37:26 »

My advice would be to always breath positive energy and let it flow through you and your room Smiley It changes everything!
Ident
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 09:02:35 »

I had a HH yesterday while I was meditating. I was with so many loved ones and just hugging each of them in turn, while never letting go of my fiancées hand. She, of course, was the first one I hugged. I didn't want to come out of it but, as ever, it disappeared once I realised what it was. I just can't hold onto them once I realise and I'm thrown back into "reality".
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: