The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2019, 21:42:54

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pillow or no?  (Read 1790 times)
Tir13
Astral Energy 3

Tir13 Tir_13
View Profile Email
« on: March 13, 2002, 04:06:02 »

I find it MUCH easier to achieve trance/OOBE without the use of a pillow.  That is just my preference, I get too distracted/uncomfortable and it is one less thing to worry about.  Your body is also in a 'flatter' more natural position, but experiment and see what works for you.

Roger
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 04:24:34 »

I think it must be very subjective.  A pillow supports my neck and
head at a comfortable level.  I've got one of those buckwheat husk
pillows that forms to my head and neck.  I'm actually less
comfortable without it.

I guess we can surmise what Robert says in AD, "What works,... works."

Wink

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 04:24:34 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Pe-
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 05:40:54 »

Hi

I also prefer not using pillow, though, I have had only unconscious oobes (during afternoon naps, so I used pillow those times). When I am about to consciously reach the trance state, I don't use pillow, as I experienced, it makes hard to relax my neck.
You create your limits, if you learn projecting with use of a pillow, it could be impossible to project without a pillow

Take care, and have successful obes

Pe-

Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 06:59:07 »

As Roger sais, subjective...   I use a thin pillow, without any support for my head I often can feel my heart beats in my head (what if I have two hearts, havenīt thought of that until now...) which are a bit annoying when trying to loose body awareness..  the thing is the best OBE attempt Iīve had, the first I tried actually (isnīt that weird), was when I - donīt know why - had, what do you call it, the thingie you have over you when you sleep?  Anyway, I had the "thingie" you have over you when you sleep all wrapped up in a big round soft "ball" (man I canīt find the words today) on which I had my upper parts of my body rested on, so I was lying/sitting..  so one has to try alot of different positions, what works for one person, may very well not work for another...

PS. The thingie method doesnīt work better for me now though (I believe, havenīt tried it more than once since, gotta try "the thingie position" tonight once more!!) than lying plain on my back, so I can not recommend it as the "super OBE position", but hey, you are free to try, havenīt copyrighted it or anythingī.. yet...
     Be well// Qui-Gon    

- Your focus determines your reality -
David
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2002, 03:13:07 »

Thanks guys for your feedback. I must admit I've been using two pillows, I can still achieve the vibrations on a good day using this but I find myself becoming aware of my body knocking me out of a trance. I think I'll try it with one pillow and no pillows.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2002, 03:13:07 »

David
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 03:32:45 »

I was wondering when I lay down to attempt an OBE, would it be more effective if I used a pillow or is more effective not to use one when entering the trance state?

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: