The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 17, 2017, 00:17:10

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking vibrations  (Read 1482 times)
Patty
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: July 11, 2002, 16:21:56 »

Hi Tom,

The vibrations may or may not occur. I personally have never had the jet-engine soul-ripping vibrations that one hears about, I only sometimes have a sense of moving energy but this is not immediately pre - exit; it is often a response to 'energy work' which can be a separate activity altogether although I often do both at the same session.

Here are some statistics I found for you from the following site http://www.williambuhlman.com/obesurvey.htm:

OBE SURVEY RESULTS PART ONE

COMMONLY REPORTED PHENOMENA
ASSOCIATED WITH OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCES
Based on 16,185 responses

1: Experienced a jolt or jerk awake - 98%

2: Experienced sounds such as buzzing, humming or roaring - 85%

3: Experienced vibrations or high energy sensations - 56%

4: Experienced floating, sinking or spinning sensations - 82%

5: Experienced sleep paralysis - 72%

6: Flying in a dream - 81%

7: Being touched or lifted - 33%

8: Panic attack, overwhelming surge of fear created by
    strange vibrations or sounds - 46%

9: Hearing voices or footsteps - 37%

10: Seeing through closed eyelids - 49%

11: Lucid dreaming - 79%

12: Seeing or feeling the presence of an unknown nonphysical being - 22%

13: Seeing, hearing or speaking to a deceased loved one - 24%

And here is another site you might find interesting, though its focus is more computer/info.tech related:

http://www.geocities.com/octanolboy/obesurv.htm

Consider the possibility that you might be able to find another way to exit. I don't know - but it seems plausible.

Patty
Tom
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 16:46:48 »

The survey looks familiar. I still am not sure about where to go from here or how to do it. All that is clear to me is that when I get to the point of being able to leave my body much more opportunity will arise and faster. The vibrations seem to be important even though not everyone experiences them.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 16:46:48 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

kifyre
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 17:45:53 »

Hi Tom,

NEW was the gateway to my (few) true projection experiences. Here is what I do:

1. Lie down, try and relax, etc, etc.
2. Fully inhabit my body, get that faint tingle/buzz going in my hands and feet.
3. Gently start brushing my chakras open, do full body circuits, draw energy up through the primaries, store energy for a bit.

When I'm more or less tingling, I move on to part 2...

4. Do some extra massaging of the inside of my skull, crown, and third eye, and try and drift towards sleep, quiet the mind, focus on third eye.

If I'm lucky, sometimes as far as 40 minutes to an hour in, it's almost as if a switch has been thrown. Suddenly, I'll get all drifty. (Sudden activation of of *something*? It's happened a few times.)

The drifty sensation is close, but it's not enough. At this stage the most I was able to do was sink into my bed. I think a quieted mind is key at this point.

If I drift farther and farther towards sleep, if I'm very lucky, the buzzing will increase to periodic roaring vibrations and my body will try and kick me out.

I've only done the above about three times. My successes have been upon awakening to vibrations moments after truly falling asleep.

I think "listening" for vibrations is helpful too. The listening tends to quiet the mind all by itself, as well is increasing energy sensation. But it's hard to listen for a long time, so maybe you should only start that after you're pretty far into the attempt.

Anyway, that's been my approach. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Mark

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 21:21:17 »

Well I am a total amateur but I do take note every time I make an attempt at OBE of what appears to be working and what doesn't.

Here is what I have summed up from my meditations - bare in mind I have only consciously managed to get out once and only for a moment.

I cant induce the vibrations.  I have to wait for them.  That is, I  just get into deep trance and when I get to the right level, the vibrations start.

Any exercises, rope trick etc.,  Wont have any effect unless I'm at that particular level of trance, and if I'm at that stage I dont blow it with an visualisations I just try to remain calm.  

I have noticed that the vibrations are not the same as the heart chakra sensations.  Infact, when I have any heart chakra movement it tends to run itself out and I dont get anywhere.  My one successful experience, there was no heart chakra involvement just a vibrating - more like very fast static, like when the tv is not tuned to a station, and my body has turned into all those black and white bits.  Also, I know when the vibrations are going to start as I get little tingling threads in my arms or legs, so I can focus on being calm and not getting too excited.  The one exception to this is when I was deep in trance and totally without thought, the vibrations started so violently and suddenly that I jerked in reflex and opened my eyes, darn it!!!  

I believe the vibrations are the direct result of generating the energy body to project but I am starting to suspect that the heart chakra sensations (when your heart starts pounding like it's trying to get out) is perhaps a blockage?  I dont know, I'm still taking notes at this stage.

I also suspect that you can block out or 'black out' at the moment  you exit and just find yourself out, not having felt the vibrations.  I have done this on occassion but it  turns into a dream for me.

There was a definate state of mind that I was in when I did manage it.  I went to meditate with the intention that I would get out, no matter what.  I was fed up of trying and just being on the verge.  At the same time I was not impatient, I had time and I was going to sit until it happened.  I meditated, got bored, restrained myself from falling asleep, wanted to get up and do something else but I stayed with it until, I think I was so friggin bored with myself my brain was numb and beaten.  I think I took 2 hours.  I must do that again.

I dont think it's so much doing the exercises (rope trick etc.,) it's the intention, 'you are going to get out' and then you just patiently wait for those vibrations.  I remember when the vibrations (my body was like static, I heard static) were at their peak, I totally let go and had the sensation of sinking back - and then they stopped.  And I was out.

These are just my observations though, and I've got one experience to go on, its probably different for everybody.  So take notes every time you make an attempt, assess how you're doing and how you could change your technique for next time.

PS  Sometimes, I get spinning or dizzy sensations.  Like the heart chakra, it's very interesting but doesn't lead to anything.

Tom
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 14:31:53 »

Increased energy does not seem to cause the vibrations for me. I am still trying to cause the vibrations. It is not clear what is missing. Relaxation begins and increases, but it is not clear if it is enough.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 14:31:53 »

Patty
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 15:28:52 »

I probably can't help much here -

Have you come across mention that vibrations decrease over time? Like Monroe had them initially and (I believe) Robert mentioned that they only occur initially ----

Maybe you've been doing the energy work for long enough that you are past the vibration window? Which leads me to ask if you try different types of exit techniques? It seems that everyone has a different way to get out - some float out, some fall out, some rope out, some twist out, some pull out, some somersault out, etc etc etc.... One experience I had - a voice said basically 'just BE out" and that worked that time ----

Maybe if you try a different exit you will either exit without vibrations, or you willl achieve vibrations whence from you can exit?

Patty
Tom
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 15:49:19 »

Much of what I have read suggests that the vibrations are a key to getting out of body. It is not clear to me if the vibrations are a cause of energizing the chakras and aura or if they are a consequence of it. My efforts at causing this state seem to have been met with the most limited success.

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 15:56:52 »

Old but very good basic information here. Bumping

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldnít do without you. The rub is that you donít always know who- Robert Fulgham
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: