The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 15:21:24

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoking Habits  (Read 1909 times)
Vallk
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: April 09, 2002, 15:15:27 »

Hi Mozia,

I do not have an answer to your question but I am a smoker too and I am eager to hear what people can say about it.

I've been trying to have an OBE for 2 months now, 4 to 5 times a week.
I know that the more you are healthy, the more it helps, but I do not know what are the real impacts of smoking. On the other hand I am vegetarian so I hope it helps.
Bhikku
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 22:06:28 »

Obviously smoking is not good for you, but I don't think that it hinders an AP in any way. After all, your only affecting your physical body right? I'm sure it would be better not to have all those chemicals in your body. Don't think I'm preaching to you about smoking, I am a victim myself.

"Look within, thou art the Budda"
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 22:06:28 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Risu no Kairu
Astral Energy 4

risu_no_kairu@hotmail.com Risu+no+Kairu risu_no_kairu
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 00:45:03 »

Well, I be a newbie and not knowing anything, not even having OBed or anything like that, probably dont know much, but when you smoke it gives you breathing problems like shortening of breath. So, if acheiving an OBE needs meditation, even a little, and meditation is like a sleep state, you'd be breathing deeply. So maybe breathing problems might occur, but maybe not. I dont know anything, I'm just giving 'what if's. Sorry to be a bother.

Autocratic Totalitarian Dictator Supreme Lord Kyle of the Squirrel I

I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/
SteppenWolf
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 02:29:30 »

Hi Mozia -

I shouldn't really talk because I am too undisciplined to do the practice most of the time, but I would suggest this.  Get to a point where you get some regualr feedback - probably the easiest place is where you can charge up energy, then relax and get the vibrations.  If you haven't got there yet, you need to do some work!  Also try your focusing awareness outside your body and see how well you can do this.

Then quite smoking for a few days and see how your work goes.  Is there any difference?  If not, you may as well ignore the smoking issue.  Also now I think about it, the energy-raising technique alone should be able to tell you everything, as when on a heavy diet I found this almost impossible, while on a light and highly nutitious diet it was really strong.

This is how I was able to check things like alcohol and diet for myself.  For more, check out my experiences:
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/5373/esoteric/hemisync.htm

I can definitely say that having booze before trying to visualise is going to be problematic, but I would have actually thought that caffeine or tobacco would actually enhance the visualisation!

And it's nice to hear there are more pipe smokers out there!  (I just love aromatics though I'm not really a smoker...)

Cheers!  
n/a
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 02:48:34 »

Hey Mozia,

I hear smoking doesn't inhibit your astral body from making its rounds during the night. What it does inhibit is your ability to consciously produce an OBE.
These problems are: excessive mucus in the throat causing irritation and continual swallowing. Tightness of lungs requiring more effort for full relaxed breathing. Gurgling or tickling of lung passages when laying on back causing coughing. And after 30 minutes of trying to project, you want to get up to smoke.

Oh, I'm sorry, these are my problems.
I've been smoking for 18 years. This is what I experience, I hope this answers some questions you may have.

Nightflier...

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 02:48:34 »

Mozia
Astral Energy 1

Mozia_Z mozia_pass
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 08:07:28 »

I'm a smoker, I gave up sigarettes about 8 months ago and now only smoke pipe and this about 10 times a day.  I would like to get some opinions on what you all think the influence of smoking has on OBE experiences.  Do you think it has a negative affect on a would be projector's chances to get out of body or not have any.  See I have not been able to project yet although I've been trying for about a year now, as often as I can at least once a week and If my smoking habit could be one of the reasons for this I'll stop, I do like smoking my pipe though and that's the reason I still do since it tastes nice etc. but I can go for weeks without it if need be, without getting any of the cravings you get when you stop smoking sigarettes.
So please any input on this will be appreciated.

Mozia
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: