The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 11, 2017, 15:10:52

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spinning and falling  (Read 615 times)
killfire
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:02:57 »

Hi all! I'm going to give a quick background of me and then my current issue.

~15 years ago I started practicing astral projection on and off. I never really got anywhere with it so I gave it up for the most part. On occasion I still project and know enough about it to have some semblance of whats going on. Anyways, about 6 months ago I got a new a new job and work graveyards 4 of 7 days a week. The other 3 days I switch my sleep schedule to sleep at night. Since starting this shift I have pretty consistently been able to AP 1/3 - 2/3 nights a week. I think it's because my mind is used to being awake but my body is tired enough to go to sleep. I tend to sleep on my stomach and side more than my back. On the rare occasions I sleep on my back I have more control when I'm out (still working on better vision).

The past couple times I've projected, I was on my side. I would start spinning around and float off my bed and then downwards towards the ground and beyond. The times it's happened I wasn't able to see anything except for a couple seconds and I don't even remember what I saw. After floating off for a bit I would be back on my bed and it would repeat itself over and over until I grow tired and start thrashing my arms to get back in my body and wake up.

My question is, what can I do to have more control over this? Or is there anything I should be learning from this or avoiding? I used to get scared all the time to the point where I didn't even want to project and I would just wake up. For the must part I've gotten over it but once in awhile fear still gets me. I'd be grateful for any insight and advice. Thanks!
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:52:03 »

Welcome to the Pulse killfire!

It is good that you are already aware of the need to control your fear response in these early OBEs; they are often confusing and un-coordinated...they get better as you learn to remain calm and apply your thinking in a controlled fashion; and this will take some time, so be patient with yourself; you are learning to think and act within a totally new and un-clear environment. You are doing well so far.

The random nature of just exiting and falling back into your physical body indicates that you are active but lacking in further self-direction. This is where you start to realize that you need to be open to learning some new techniques in how you maneuver in this new environment; some new learning is necessary. You are thrashing around, getting nowhere because you have no motive to go anywhere or do anything other than having achieved the exit and consciousness that you have. That is a significant accomplishment, but now you have to figure out how to move forward from here...are we having fun yet? Lol

Your next stage of learning involves learning about and understanding  the concept of Intent and how you apply it, when and wher; understanding Intent and the application of it, is incredibly important. It is quite an instinctive thing and I can't fully explain it but it starts with the understanding that once you achieve an out of body exit/Phasing, it helps to have had some prior mental instruction to yourself to 'go somewhere, find somebody, seek out some information, have an experience...etcetera...' Trust me, it does get better...

Later on in some experiences, an Intent will naturally occur at the appropriate time or it won't and you will find yourself adrift and motionless and the experience will end; it is a quite tricky thing.

Intent is fairly easily achieved early on with using an affirmation before your sleep/meditation/projection attempt.
It is a simple form of programming your inner-self.

"I will remember my dreams and experiences"
"When I project, I will become aware and go visit...learn about...go to this place/person...go to my Higher Self"
"I will explore my house, explore my neighborhood, seek out the astral plane, visit my deceased relatives..."

Keep it simple, one thing at a time and see what you get. The best default experience that you will eventually move towards is to simply ask for what is the next "best experience my Higher Self can give me".

Also pay attention to how your consciousness expands and changes/improves as you move into and through these experiences...

You are headed for great fun!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:04:59 by EscapeVelocity » Logged

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:52:03 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

killfire
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:45:19 »

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll have to try to have an intent and also use the "clarity now" phrase and see if it helps me see. When I project from my back I have nearly full control to walk and move. Vision is usually dark and somewhat blurry though. The thrashing is more of just to get me back in my body and wake up than anything else. I have noticed that when I do project, I feel less rested in the morning. Is that normal?
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: