The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 01, 2021, 15:42:04

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: success followed by down time?  (Read 1726 times)
WalkerInTheWoods
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2002, 15:27:46 »

I actually find the opposite true for me. If I go long periods of time without projecting I have to take time to be able to project again. If I have not projected in a few months then I usually have to meditate for awhile each day for about a week or two before I am able to project again. If I meditate and try projecting every day or several times a week I am usually much more successful on each try.
Sometimes I will experience what you have mentioned, especially when I first started projecting or when I am trying to project again after a long break. I think the reason behind this is because you get too excited. You did it the day before and now you are thinking about all that you want to do so you kind of get in a hurry to get out or you get excited about getting out. This seems to be my problem at times. I do not really think you get drained by projecting a lot. You do it every night and are not drained in the morning. I think that you actually project more the more you project. So just try to remain calm when you try projecting.
GOOD LUCK!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.
Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 18:17:19 »

I too have more difficulty if I do not project for a few days for some reason. Just recently I was thrown from my horse and suffered injury that affected my sleep. This morning I tried to project after 3 days of not doing so. There was an obvious resistance that took particular attention to overcome. When I did project it was more a mish-mash of buffer experiences coupled with whirls of light and floating sensations.

Yours,
Frank

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 18:17:19 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

ralphm
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2002, 19:16:37 »

i think there is some cycle of energy that makes it easier or harder. maybe it is personal, cosmic or some combination. do you try to correlate your easy times to moon cycles?i gues that is the easest cycle to follow.i too have experienced this- some nights i could not get through the night without having vibrations, other times   it is not possible to get anywhere near the state. but then again frank may be right- if i kept doing it constantly it would be easier.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.
Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 06:15:46 »

In my experience, a combination of factors can scupper your projection attempts *particularly* in the early stages. Years ago, when I first started projecting, I'd go sometimes a month to six weeks without so much as one measly projection. Then there were the times when it seemed I couldn't not project.

My technique, in those days, was to project by awakening myself from a Lucid dream. Problem was, there was a high degree of unreliability in the process. Such that trying to pin down the why's and wherefore's was next to impossible.  

But I found the key factor that keeps you projecting, with a degree of consistency, is practise followed by more and more practise. The past 6 months I have really been getting my act together, projection wise. Now, every morning, without fail, I will go for at least one conscious-exit projection attempt. Even if I only have, say, ten minutes before I have to get up. I'll do my best in the time available.

I surprised myself the other week. My wife went downstairs to make our morning cuppa and, because I had retired uncharacteristically late the previous evening, had only just awoke. So that meant I had around five to ten minutes to make an attempt, before my wife would return with the tea. Okay, she came back before I'd had any chance of making an exit but, given another five minutes, I reckon I would have been at the vibration stage.

Patty mentions the term "psychic energy" but I don't actually know what that is, exactly.

I read all kinds of stuff, on this BBS, about "storing energy" before a projection attempt and so forth. To my mind, all this kind of discussion is in a box marked "mystical stuff" which I do my utmost to avoid. Each to their own, of course, but it all smacks to me of being yet another one of those circumstances where: if you think you can, or if you think you can't... you're right.

Yours,
Frank

Patty
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2002, 18:09:03 »

Thanks everyone!

Regarding terminology - ("psychic energy" etc) - I am uncomfortable with most of the terminology I hear- but in order to communicate ideas I generally use whatever terminology seems most appropriate to the group. I never use the word "chakra' with my husband because he would roll his eyes. I'd probably talk about different physical regions of the body instead. But I would talk about chakras (or 'psychic energy') here in order to try to communicate most effectively.

A lot of the personal journey is without words and no words are necessary - but when you try to apply your experience to other's understandings, well until I master telepathy I feel stuck with words.

Thanks again!  I feel renewed hope that practice might lead to more reliable frequent experiences.

Patty
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2002, 18:09:03 »

Patty
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2002, 14:43:08 »

I am wondering about something. I find thjat I will often have a reasonable projection followed by a period where it is REALLY HARD to get anything remotely resembling a projectionj. After a while, I can find the 'stuff' within me to project again.

I wonder if a projection drains a person's psychic energy?  Am I creating my own problem by believing that I am draining my stored energy, or is there a legitimate phenomenon of psychic drainage following projection? If I am observing a real effect, how do I get around it, or can I get around it? I have this naicve idea that a person can get stronger and stronger in there attempts - but maybe there is a limit to how often one can project?

I appreciate any and all input.

Patty
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: