The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 29, 2020, 02:42:19

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visualization Problems...  (Read 1210 times)
Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2002, 08:07:45 »

I feel there is always a potential problem generated from using some kind of "exit technique" like the elevator or rope-trick. Which may or may not be true in your case, but if it can be of help........

My theory is that, at first, people imagine a rope or elevator and, because they are new to it, they are not really visualising a rope or elevator: just the merest hint of one. Now, because these techniques can work so well they might get some early results. They suddenly think, "Wow, there's really something to this projection stuff". Which naturally gives them a strong encouragement to continue.

And here comes the pitfall: they think that by concentrating on the "exit technique" more, they will get better results. Because of this, there is a strong tendency for the person to concentrate on the exit-technique to the extent where they begin engaging in the mental act of creative visualisation. Which, of course, is not Astral Projection.

Yours,
Frank

spawn968
Astral Energy 1

spawn968
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 10:04:51 »

Thanks, Frank.  I probably forgot the most important detail.  This is when I'm trying to induce trance.  My descent feels to rapid.  Sorry for the confusion.  Does your advice still hold true?

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 10:04:51 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 07:50:42 »

Having feelings of descending or ascending rapidy is part and parcel of the "exit process" at first. For example, I used to get feelings like I had been shot from a cannon. But sometimes it would go the other way, and I'd get a falling sensation which felt like I'd thrown myself off the top of some tall building.

For years I experienced these sensations and thought they were a normal part of the process. But I since learned that the process can be slowed down to the extent where I can now exit with no extreme sensations at all.

After a while your protective sense of conscious awareness just gets used to it. Like if you were to ride the same roller-coaster time after time.

Yours,
Frank

spawn968
Astral Energy 1

spawn968
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 03:35:17 »

I've read Robert's book, and I've succeeded going into trance a couple of times.  The problem is that I usually wake up to a light trance, and I can't (yet) consciously put myself into Trance.  I have a pretty good feel for quieting my mind, actually, my problem is with creating an internal falling situation.  I used to be able to imagine myself in an elevator gradually going down, but as of recently, everytime I create this scenario I can't help but feel something comparable to the elevator cable snapping and me plummeting with it.  I know that fear is the enemy, but I was hoping I could descend peacefully and slowly, not like this.  Any suggestions?

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: