The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 08:11:51

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was this a type of OBE?  (Read 1091 times)
Dreamking
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:27:26 »

When I was a kid I figured out how to go into a kind of meditative state where I felt like I was outside my body. The vividness of the experience was somewhere between a daydream and a regular dream and everything seemed to have a mind if it's own, with my interactions with it having unintended consequences. It wasn't the same as astral projection, I've experienced that since then and they are different. Was this a type of OBE or just the overactive imagination of a kid?
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:44 »

There's no such thing as an "overactive imagination".  Smiley

I think you can work out the rest from there.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:44 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Dreamking
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 04:55:31 »

Thank you for the reply, although I'm not sure what you mean. Was it a kind of OBE? Was it not? Something else entirely?
Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 05:13:55 »

Thank you for the reply, although I'm not sure what you mean. Was it a kind of OBE? Was it not? Something else entirely?
You could simply call it a "non local state of consciousness". That title/label or should I say what Eckhart Tolle calls "pointer" pretty well bundles all the terms, Dreaming/OBEs/Astral Projection, etc. together as one.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
                  Albert Einstein

To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure!
Dreamking
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 05:27:02 »

Thanks. I still do that every once in a while but I've never really known anyone else who could do it or any way to really explain it. Its a good way to relieve stress and it is usually interesting to explore and interact with the worlds I visit whether it is real or not.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 05:27:02 »

Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 05:30:57 »

Thanks. I still do that every once in a while but I've never really known anyone else who could do it or any way to really explain it. Its a good way to relieve stress and it is usually interesting to explore and interact with the worlds I visit whether it is real or not.
If you can experience it, it is "real".  wink

Albert Einstein

To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure!
Dreamking
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 06:52:41 »

Interesting. I have been doing it more recently considering I've been sick and I might have to continue and see what happens.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 08:42:28 »

The problem is, as what Lumaza pointed out... if you experience it, it IS real!
Well, that's not the problem... the problem is your beliefs surrounding the issue.

Life is a projection. 

What would you say if I told you that this physical reality experience you're currently having RIGHT NOW is as much an 'experience' as any non-physical experience you have while sleeping at night?  You'd probably say I'm crazy, right?  At night you DREAM, and during the day you LIVE...

Well, that's just a belief you hold because of what society has taught you.  Well, society is wrong.

Dreamking
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:32 »

So I asked around both online and also friends who know about things like this and everyone agrees it was a projection. So, cool.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 17:06:19 »

So I asked around both online and also friends who know about things like this and everyone agrees it was a projection. So, cool.
We're essentially taught that this physical reality is the only thing that's "real"... and if you don't experience something "here" then it's simply not a real experience.

What I'm telling you is that everything you've ever been taught about what's "real " and "not real" is wrong.  Everything is real.  If you can experience it, IT IS REAL. 
Just because someone else can't experience something you've experience doesn't make it less real.

Now, in terms of "what is a projection"?  Anytime you are consciously experiencing a reality which you identify as not being this physical reality: you're projecting. 
People want to over-complicate things, but it's actually REALLY simple.  Smiley

Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 02:06:23 »

It doesn't and shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks it is. The only one you need to prove it to is yourself. You do that by doing it again and then again and so on.

Albert Einstein

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: