The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 13, 2017, 05:30:52

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does "focusing inward" mean?  (Read 1108 times)
Snow Pellets
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:16:04 »

In several references I saw during Frank's writings as well as other messages.. people refer to inducing a trance by "focusing inward" or "focusing away from the body".

What exactly does this mean?  Do not focus on the sensations going on in your physical body?  Focus your mental attention on something other than your physical body (i.e. a rundown, mental scene, a song, etc.)?
Snow Pellets
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:20:47 »

The focusing "inward" part seems more confusing..

In frank's initial post about phasing where he refers to putting all his mental attention on "noticing" and then his attention becoming fixated "within".. what exactly does the "within" part mean?  He notices the hypnagogic imagery within the "mind" and uses that as a lunch pad to phasing?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:20:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 05:32:51 »

In several references I saw during Frank's writings as well as other messages.. people refer to inducing a trance by "focusing inward" or "focusing away from the body".

What exactly does this mean?  Do not focus on the sensations going on in your physical body?  Focus your mental attention on something other than your physical body (i.e. a rundown, mental scene, a song, etc.)?
I take focusing inward to mean shifting my attention inside myself. By using the noticing exercises and rundowns, you shift your focus of attention inside yourself, into F2oC. There are many other ways of doing this, however.

The focusing "inward" part seems more confusing..

In frank's initial post about phasing where he refers to putting all his mental attention on "noticing" and then his attention becoming fixated "within".. what exactly does the "within" part mean?  He notices the hypnagogic imagery within the "mind" and uses that as a lunch pad to phasing?
I think "within" means inside the mind.

Once hypnagogic imagery is seen, you have already phased. Even before hypnagogic imagery is seen, you have already phased into Focus 10. But if you mean phasing into F3oC, yes, (I think) that is what he did.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:34:43 by 3588897 » Logged
Enix
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 15:02:45 »

I think its one of those things that are beyond explanation as most personal things are, as suggested by the very term (inward). I know that an advanced occult or magical method is to somehow focus on one specific body part somehow. (this is different than focused attention),  there's methods out there as well.
But books and teachers suggest going through many more fundamental exercises first. I had a way of doing this and have experimented more than once on my own. I'm glad to have made it out alive and also out of the institution. (A Shaman would've been nice)
I believe these were things I was supposed to do in this life and even after all the pain Ive been through I'm better off the way I am. It takes a lot of skill to do such things with calm, patience and reason.
That's why advanced technique's as developed skillfully under a structure within the occult.
Or a calm environment with nature and preferably a shaman are the two easiest choices.
lightlady
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 20:20:29 »

That's what I am working on, inducing a trance by "focusing inward" or "focusing away from the body".

Thank you for the insight Enix, I guess I will have to practice these techniques more.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 20:20:29 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: