The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 10, 2020, 06:56:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What might happen if suddenly physically awoken?  (Read 1004 times)
Blazewind
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: March 15, 2012, 14:10:46 »

I simply got curious about this last night and decided to ask on the forums.  If someone is out of and a ways away from their body what effect would the physical body being woken up quickly have?  Of course it seems like that such a thing could happen at least once in any lifetime and for any number of perfectly innocent reasons.  An inconsiderate neighbor deciding to very suddenly start a lawn mower or chainsaw at five am, the dog deciding it just has to go out at once and starting to bark up a storm by the back door, even you own alarm going off because you forgot it was still set.  But these I suppose would be more gradual awakenings.  Probably no different from waking up at the crack of down any other time you've been sleeping.  What if though it was a more sudden and forced wake up?  Say a family member or housemate slammed your door shut, or even decided, (hopefully with what they thought were good intentions) to shake your body awake?       
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 15:27:06 »

It is more or less the same feeling as being woken suddenly from a dream- disorientation, and little more.

I tend to believe the the concept of "distance" in a non-phsyical context is meaningless- it is only a perception of being closer or farther; what is really changing is where the consciousness is focused. Space is only a construct or a metaphor in non-physical realms, you think you are moving away, or that other things are outside of yourself, but there is only unity- one uniform field of consciousness. You can't be far from your body, since there is literally no place you could go.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 15:27:06 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 16:12:01 »

Hi,
The worst case of this started with my cat and a wardrobe. The claws out and onto my chest. It felt like being tied to 2 trees and being ripped up the middle. Absolutely no harm whatsoever but it gets remembered. The cat got stroked too.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 22:11:58 »

It doesn't matter how far away you think your body is. Any disturbance will bring you back instantly. That possibly goes to show that we are not "out of body", but are "deep in consciousness".
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 02:17:34 »

Yeah... no matter what activity you are immersed in during OOBE... internal physical disturbance such as adrenaline or other hormonal release can bring you back to physical consciousness. External noises also.

I have experienced SP on a number of occasions and awoke before I was physically alerted. As though I preempted it. Who knows... maybe I had physical cues.. such as the theoretical neighbour trying to start their lawnmower or picking up on emergency subliminal cues like the dog needing a excrement.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 02:17:34 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: