The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 10, 2020, 07:02:19

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to think about while attempting to OBE?  (Read 1605 times)
ArmyOfOne1911
« on: October 12, 2011, 23:49:27 »

What do you think about? My most successful times came from me just daydreaming while closing my eyes lying there. I know meditation is more about thinking of nothing, but I am finding that really hard to do beginning. I almost started to phase this afternoon. I call them "nap times" But I don't want to sleep I try and astral project. I was so close to phasing but I heard children start to play, a truck go by, and then a dog bark and it messed it all up. I seem to have a hard time focusing sometimes. What are some good things to focus on? I also find myself talking to myself sometimes. Is this good or bad? I think I am trying to hard again...

Thanks guys!

-Cody

Another BIG question I have....

Is it possible to actually wire that feeling of phasing or going into that state of astral projection without having to do any techniques? After a while does it just come natural? Does this feeling happen everytime you fall asleep? How come sometimes you don't remember those feelings before falling asleep?

LOTS of questions!!

-Cody
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 23:51:55 by ArmyOfOne1911 » Logged
Lionheart
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 00:40:47 »

Hello Cody, I am finding now that after awhile it does come natural. In the last week I have not had to try to Phase, it just happens naturally when I close my eyes. But, I have put a lot of time and commitment into this. I do an afternoon and a late night Phase Session everyday and have done that since April of this year. I have made it a natural process in my life and am now reaping the rewards for my toils. I started exclusively reading books in January of this year. I bought into Dr. Steve G. Jones's Astral Program in April and I joined this site in June 15th this year. You will see that your practicing regularly will pay off.
 Good Luck!  smiley
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 00:40:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

ArmyOfOne1911
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 01:52:53 »

Thanks Lionheart! I practice everyday. Smiley
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 14:37:35 »

What do you think about? My most successful times came from me just daydreaming while closing my eyes lying there.
I call that a "mental rundown".  You can find the exercise here if you do a forum search for "mental rundown" or on my own website, I outline it a little clearer than what you'll find here.  My link is in my sig below.

I know meditation is more about thinking of nothing, but I am finding that really hard to do beginning.
Well, all "exercises" we do to project *ARE* meditations.  Meditations aren't "thinking about nothing".  The goal of a meditation is to quiet the mind by removing the surface thoughts and to focus the mind towards a single goal.  In our case it's the goal of removing your consciousness from this physical reality and placing it "somewhere else".

I almost started to phase this afternoon. I call them "nap times" But I don't want to sleep I try and astral project. I was so close to phasing but I heard children start to play, a truck go by, and then a dog bark and it messed it all up. I seem to have a hard time focusing sometimes. What are some good things to focus on? I also find myself talking to myself sometimes. Is this good or bad? I think I am trying to hard again...
What you focus upon is an exercise in itself.  Smiley
We have a couple exercises we share here, one is the one above which you've discovered on your own called a "mental rundown"... another is the "noticing" exercise which you might have read here before.  Both can be found here through the search feature and my website.

Is it possible to actually wire that feeling of phasing or going into that state of astral projection without having to do any techniques? After a while does it just come natural?
That's *my* ultimate goal.
In my opinion though, it requires a solid foundation already built in meditation and learning how to achieve altered states on a whim.

Does this feeling happen everytime you fall asleep? How come sometimes you don't remember those feelings before falling asleep?
Nope.  You don't remember it because you don't usually consciously experience it when you're falling asleep normally.

Alex-Anderson
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 16:14:27 »

I always concentrate on visualising in detail a local spot/place near me (for instance maybe something on the floor in a bedroom next to me, or a particular point in my garden).

However the actual point it happens (the OBE) seems to get merged into a slight crossover where I loose my sense of awareness - i.e. am I still visualising or am I actually here now, or has this turned a bizarre dream. Either way there is often a triggering point in which my senses awaken and I realise I'm having an OBE (always do my OBE checklist routine to make sure).

However I rarely experience the exit, just arriving at the destination.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 16:14:27 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: