The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 13:46:10

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was this?  (Read 2259 times)
AstralJames
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2013, 22:18:59 »

A few nights ago, I was attempting to have an OBE. After about 30-35 minutes of just deep breathing and stillness, I began to see white.
It was a kind of pulsing, keep in mind my eyes are still closed. I didn't feel as if I was in SP as I could still pay attention to sounds outside my window.
About 3 minutes of this passed and my leg jerked for some reason. The pulsing then stopped and I decided to go to sleep.

Can anyone tell me what this was? I am really confused. I really don't think it was SP, but I could be wrong. Can anyone shed some light?
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 22:51:51 »

Sounds normal. You were aware of your body going to sleep. It's one of the initial stages when phasing. A blanket change of backdrop lighting.
I wouldn't worry at all. I would of stayed with it and seen it through. Pity about the leg.  angry

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 22:51:51 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Astralsuzy
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 22:56:09 »

I would say the same as  Szaxx.  It is normal and there is nothing to worry about.  It is a sign that you are close to ap.
Astralzombie
Astral Energy 5

Nothing is all bad and A through Z beats IAB.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 00:12:15 »

The leg jerk is a very common occurrence for many people when they enter SP consciously aware. So I'm positive you were in SP.

I hate the leg jerk because it ruins about 20% of my attempts.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
AstralJames
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:02:16 »

Wow awesome! Thank you for the information! I'm excited that I'm making progress now!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:02:16 »

Astralzombie
Astral Energy 5

Nothing is all bad and A through Z beats IAB.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 15:15:11 »

This gives two good hypothesis as to why we have these leg jerks.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/hypnic-jerks/

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 15:37:36 »

The white pulsing in your eyesight and/or psychedelic patterns with eyes closed are called Phosphenes. They are basically your retina and visual cortex powering down.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: