The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 13, 2017, 18:56:09

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we forget?  (Read 715 times)
SleepyHollow
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:28 »

So I've wondered about why we forget dreams, but what about the other way around - Why do we forget the state of our physical reality?

Sometimes I'll wake up and can't remember where the heck I am until I look around and it all comes back to me. Ah yes, I live here, and I've been sleeping here most nights for the last few years. Or I won't have a clue what day of the week it is or how long I've been asleep, until in a moment I realize I had only taken a 30 min nap or so in the middle of the day.

Or like a couple days ago I become alert in an OBE and kind of thrashed around on my bed feeling REALLY groggy, found the edge of my mattress to make sure I knew where I was, propped myself up, and looked up at the TV i left on, that had some idiot on a news station. I don't remember what came next, but when I physically woke I was actually on the floor where I had laid down, the TV wasn't on, I was nowhere near my bed, and it looked nothing like the TV setup in my dream. I forgot virtually everything except that I had been listening to someone while lying down, but it was a Tom Campbell talk on my computer, which I switched off before falling asleep.

Why would I forget all that? It's interesting to think about what that means. Maybe we get so separated from our physical body that we lose our connection to there where so many memories are physically stored exclusively? That sure is bad data management, no backups, unless there either is a backup somewhere or it's best to lose most of it on death.
Lumaza
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:53:45 »

So I've wondered about why we forget dreams, but what about the other way around - Why do we forget the state of our physical reality?
We forget because if we didn't most of us would be able to function normally the next day. I can attest that sometimes I have a problem separating all of the realities, physical and otherwise. This is because I "do" remember many of my experiences and have seen that we really do live parallel lives. Sometimes I still have to question some of my "memories" of my physical exist here.

Not everyone is ready for that kind of revelation or mindset yet. It's not a knock on them and I am not saying I am any better than anyone else. All I am stating is that at this time in their existence, that they have chosen to see and do things different then I and many others here and elsewhere have.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
                  Albert Einstein

To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:53:45 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 17:01:06 »

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/08/23/remembering-our-non-physical-adventures/
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2014/02/17/why-can-i-never-remember-my-dreams-in-the-morning/

Just a couple articles I wrote on that subject going back a few years now.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: