The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2021, 07:13:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: deja vu  (Read 4297 times)
zorgblar
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: September 04, 2010, 15:53:32 »

What causes deja vu? huh
NoY
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 15:58:32 »

it could be you getting programmed a few weeks in advance and then you remember you have done it before in your sleep

:NoY:
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 15:58:32 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 17:05:10 »

i second that NoY.

it seems to be an interesting possibility that you experience a precognitive dream or projection.

be awesome.
karenprosen
Astral Energy 1

karenten23
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 22:28:40 »

I read somewhere that deja-vu is just remembering parts of your life you already planned out, providing that you are on board with the notion that we plan everything about our lives before we incarnate. That's personally my favorite explanation of deja-vu. It just resonates with me very well.

Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful.
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 22:31:59 »

i heard somewhere that it means the machines reprogrammed something in the matrix.

(couldn't help it, sorry)

cheesy

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 22:31:59 »

Stookie
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 16:17:49 »

My theory: Deja-vu is when your brain has a hiccup and the sensory input coming in is firing neurons that normally only fire when we're recollecting a memory, and it gives you a sense that what is presently happening is a memory. You're really malfunctioning. I don't think it has anything supernatural to it. Everyone experiences it.

I suppose sufficient study in a lab can't really be done on it because you can't make it happen, it just does at random.
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 16:29:29 »

Since it's not necessarily empirically testable (and therefore not falsifiable) then there is an equal possibility that it is a 'metaphysical' phenomena, perhaps a glimpse of a future event or maybe even a perception of a preordained situation. 

be awesome.
Stookie
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 19:52:37 »

It could, but no one ever gains anything from it or sees the future. It's just a "weird" feeling that pretty much everyone gets at any age. If you could actually say what is about to happen before it does or learn something from it, then I would be more on that side, but that never happens. You just go "whoa, deja-vu". Preferably in a Keanu Reeves voice.
CFTraveler
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 20:44:29 »

cheesy
Dude!
Naykid
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 22:00:56 »

I read somewhere that deja-vu is just remembering parts of your life you already planned out, providing that you are on board with the notion that we plan everything about our lives before we incarnate. That's personally my favorite explanation of deja-vu. It just resonates with me very well.

Yep, I like that one too!  smiley
Taoistguy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 00:57:50 »

One thing I experience alonside (or within) my deja vu expereineces are a feeling of completeness. This never seems to get mentioned when I read about other people's experiences. It's like some kind of 'marker' in my life. More than "this has happened before"; like a "this has happened before AND I understand because of my awareness of it at this moment that I also feel a connectedness to the Universe".
CFTraveler
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 03:54:07 »

One thing I experience alonside (or within) my deja vu expereineces are a feeling of completeness. This never seems to get mentioned when I read about other people's experiences. It's like some kind of 'marker' in my life. More than "this has happened before"; like a "this has happened before AND I understand because of my awareness of it at this moment that I also feel a connectedness to the Universe".

Yes, I sense this also.  Sometimes I look around, to see if there is something about it that I'm supposed to notice.
FadeEsdrasX
Astral Energy 3

FadeEsdrasX
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 06:40:29 »

It is interesting to me that experiences of deja-vu seemed to increase in number for me after I had begun
to meditate somewhat frequently. I wonder why that is?

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]
Naykid
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 16:31:10 »

Maybe because you are more 'in tune'. 

I just had a wicked long Deja-vu about a month ago...  I could almost grasp what was suppose to be coming next.  The intensity is what is getting stronger for me, not the frequency.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: