The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 19, 2019, 05:08:55

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritual Evolution and Life after Death?  (Read 1906 times)
spellcast91
Astral Energy 1

spellcast91
View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 22, 2003, 22:17:58 »

1)no
2)no
3)no
4)no
5)no

but thats ust what i think
clandestino
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 10:43:22 »

1) agreed - but I recognise that these states of conciousness are just as real as physical places.

2) disagree, but don't have enough experience on the matter.

3) ? !! errr...not sure about that one either. I don't think that being "hung up" on anything is a good state of affairs, if that helps!

4) Not sure what the path is. I believe there is only body & mind (physical and non-physical).

5) agree, that's standard reincarnation hypothesis.

6) yep, having a big ego won't do you any favours.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 10:43:22 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

jilola
Astral Energy 5

143173721 jilola
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 13:16:50 »

1) Yes, they are states of consciousness while one is manifest in the physical.

2) If you compare life in the astral planes to life on the physical I'd say the astral is in some respects more advanced. If you compare an astral lifeform to another then the differences in spiritual development are what you'd seen when comparing lifeforms on the physical.

3) To communicate with aything one has to form an association or an affiliation with what one wants to communicate with. Any unnecessary baggage is a hindrance.

4) Leaving what remaining? I don't quite follow the statement. I think you're saying the astral and emotional bodies are artifacts created by a person not being true to his/her self and spiritual development.

5) Possible. Likely even. What is "Mastership"?

6) I agree about keeping the destinaiton in mind.

2cents & L&L
jopuni
timeless
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 13:43:42 »

Dear jilola,

2) The statement (2) in my original post is not very clear.  Brevity resulted in lack of clarity.  When I was a child I ended up in some pretty scary places in the lower astral.  Hence my desire to not bother much with the astral.  However, what I call the mid to upper astral is quite nice -- dream homes with nice gardens.  The astral is a big region with many levels in itself.  I think the answer to this question very much depends on what level a person has visited.  I am using the term 'level' loosely here.

4) Leaving what's remaining?  
You know how after Jesus died he needed three days for full resurrection.  My impression is that this was needed so that his astral and emotional bodies could not just be dissolved but that their energy be 'absorbed'(poor word couldn't think of anything better) back into his higher self.  I see the emotional and astral bodies as costumes we put on when we play our role in the play of life.  They are not truly what we are but a vehicle for learning.  Hope that explains what this statement was trying to get at.

5) What is "Mastership"?  
Good question.  I think only one who as achieved Mastership can fully explain this.  My best attempt would be to say that we have fully discovered that the mental, emotional and astral bodies are molds created for learning and are set in this lifetime by what we have done in the past (our character and temperment so to speak).  When we are masters over them and not the other way around (past experience influencing present) we have achieved mastership.  Or in other words, when we are able to act in love physically, emotionally, and mentally (mentally = thought level) and not react to situations, we have achieved Mastership.

Dear Spellcast91,

I must apologize.  I added 6) after you responded.  You responded immediately after I posted and I forgot I had wanted to include 6).

Dear All,
Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far.  Hope and look forward to hearing more thoughts on this topic.

Respectfully,
timeless
Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 15:24:58 »

Greetings Timeless,

Excellent questions!

quote:
Originally posted by timeless

Dear All,

What are your thoughts on the following statements.

1)"Planes", "kingdoms", "realms" or whatever they may be called, are not physical locations or places, they are states of consciousness.

I somewhat disagree with this idea. The planes, realms, spheres are density degrees of the Akasha principle. The higher or more innermost the sphere the higher the vibration and the lower the density. These spheres descended from the Akasha principle, the ether, and comprise the four elements Fire, Air, Water and Earth. Consciousness is an attribute of the immortal Spirit which occupies an Astral and/or Mental body which dwells at the density degree of the Akasha which is analogous to it.

quote:

2) Life in the astral planes is no more or less highly spiritually evolved than life is on the physical plane.

I would say that is substantially true up to and including the mid-Astral levels. However, even the most Spiritually advanced people when passing on will find themselves in the Astral, at least initially until they shed their Astral desire body and progress to the appropriate Mental plane. These people will go to the higher Astral planes where the materialiasm of the lower Astral largely do not exist. Likewise, people in the mid-Astral can satiate their desires, realising materialism for what it really is, and then progress to the higher Astral as their Astral body rarifies.  
quote:

3) Whatever we draw to ourselves from the unseen kingdom holds us there, the same way things hold us to the physical plane. To communicate with the Angelic Kingdom and The Masters, we must not get hung up on the physical or astral planes.

I am not sure of your meaning on this one exactly. People are most certainly held in the level of the Astral according to material desires. Also, the law of attraction is always present in all planes where we attract to us those things which we think about and imagine the post, positive or negative, and give sufficient energy to.
quote:

4)The astral body is held in the astral regions when one is not on The Path. The emotional body is shed with the astral body. If one is on The Path, the astral and emotional bodies will dissolve.

I respectfully disagree with that one. I believe that everyone passes onto one of the Mental spheres sooner or later, often before reincarnation. The Astral body will gradually dissolve as all passions and desires are satiated. The Mental body will then progress to the level of the Mental worlds consistent with level of Spiritual development. After that, those who are not sufficiently advanced will reincarnate and repeat the process, and those who have attained a high enough level of Spiritual attainment will progress to the higher Mental realms, the Celestial realms and will have escaped the cycle of reincarnation. The Celestial realms are apparently beyond the comprehension of people in the lower planes, such is the heights of love, light and bliss.
quote:

5)Your Soul is held in bondage by the things you believe you were on earth (mental body). If a person has achieved Mastership on earth, they shed all the bodies of the lesser kingdoms and pass into the Angelic Kingdom. Such people are free from the cycles of rebirth.

I am not sure about your first comment regarding the Soul being held in bondage etc.. But I do agree with the second part. The Angelic kingdoms include the Celestial and Cosmic spheres, where the Masters dwell, free from reincarnation.
quote:

6)Be careful of ego - It draws the energies of the lower nature. The greatest danger is feeling that you can't go any higher. Keep your mind focused on God and The Path... you try many things along the Path, but do not deviate; do not get distracted and forget where you are going.

I substantially agree with this. In order to progress, the ego has to be totally tamed and the elemental equilibrium attained. It is also necessary to recognise "God within", and to live unconditional love.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 15:24:58 »

timeless
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 21:06:48 »

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderfully detailed response.  I would like to explain my thoughts on 4) and 5).

You made a good point.I believe that everyone passes onto one of the Mental spheres sooner or later, often before reincarnation. The Astral body will gradually dissolve as all passions and desires are satiated. The Mental body will then progress to the level of the Mental worlds consistent with level of Spiritual development.

I agree this is the normal progression.  However, I have seen people on the lower astral that seem to be empty shells.  For example a person crouched rocking back and forth as if still experiencing tremendous trauma.  Yet when one tries to communicate with such 'beings?' it is as if the mental aspect has left them.  I almost wonder if after a period of time a decision is made to discard the astral and emotional and leave them in the lower astral if no progress can be made.  I think also that great emotional trauma is much harder to overcome then mindset in the astral (generally speaking).  I think prayer for those who have just passed traumatically is important. I guess the discarding of the astral and emotional bodies could be equated to the spirit leaving a physical body that is in a coma?  

5) The word bondage means (to me) that we are held by our belief systems (mental habits), physical bad habits, emotional bad habits, etc.  These things hold us in the cycle of reincarnation.

Deepest Regards,
timeless
beavis
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 22:52:54 »

1) The change from physical to just consciousness is gradual. They're not all consciousness. The planes are said to be groups of similar thoughts. In my experience, similar thoughts attract. Examples: If I think about something, I can receive info about it from astral sometimes. In telekinesis, the more similar my thoughts are to the object I'm moving, the more control I have over it.

2) Is a rock or a dead atheist spiritually evolved? Generally there are more spiritually evolved things in some planes than others, but there are still simple things in the planes that are there only because they conform to the physics.

3) True at the lower planes. Whereever you are, you can get confused and think that is all that exists. You can become obsessed with it. At the higher planes, you should have learned enough to stop that kind of thinking.

4) What is emotional body? Why is there only 1 path? Why wouldnt you use your astral body if you were on it?

5) Not what I believe I was. What I believe I am now holds soul in bondage. I believe a lot more now than a year ago, and now I can do a lot more with my soul. What is angelic kingdom?

6) "The greatest danger is feeling that you can't go any higher"

The greatest danger is what causes that, believing ignorant humans, especially about religion.

"Keep your mind focused on God and The Path..."

Unless you've met god and know what he is and if he exists, you will instead focus on the word "god" and what religion tells you, which will get you nowhere. What path?

"you try many things along the Path, but do not deviate; do not get distracted and forget where you are going."

Be creative. Dont make a plan and refuse to deviate. You might know what general direction you should go in, but to get there you might have to go a short distance in the opposite or side direction. And when you do that, you might see a better goal and change your general direction.
timeless
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 23:24:32 »

Dear beavis,

The path to God (who has a thousand names) is not 'one' path.  The path refers to a person keeping in mind -- 'the end goal' -- the bringing of mind, body, soul in-line with the Source.  If you deviate from this end in mind and start thinking and feeding only self, ego, image, personal desire then you are off the path...off your road...and things will not fit in until you get back on the path you have chosen to the Creator.

You may wish to reread 4) and/or my explanations of 4) in posts to others.  

5) What is the Angelic Kingdom?  Some Christains use the term Angelic Kingdom to refer to the Higher Planes.  This is a bit inaccurate.  Although as one reaches the higher planes and teaches we learn how to open the veils between kingdoms so it is not completely inaccurate. The statements in my original post come from Christian Theosophy which I am studying.  For a more accurate definition of the Angelic Kingdom please refer to the following link.
http://www.multidimensions.com/con_thoughts_hierarchy.html

6) Always 'keep the end in mind' is how I interperted this statement. Don't get side tracked and stuck on any mental mind set, method or theology.  

timeless
jilola
Astral Energy 5

143173721 jilola
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 08:58:55 »

Timeless: Ok, I mostly agree with the points you made in reply to my questions. I'll have to think about the mastership part though.

2cents & L&L
jouni
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 23:40:46 »

Makes sense timeless.
Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 21:15:56 »

Greetings Timeless,

quote:
Originally posted by timeless

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderfully detailed response.  I would like to explain my thoughts on 4) and 5).

You made a good point.I believe that everyone passes onto one of the Mental spheres sooner or later, often before reincarnation. The Astral body will gradually dissolve as all passions and desires are satiated. The Mental body will then progress to the level of the Mental worlds consistent with level of Spiritual development.

I agree this is the normal progression.  However, I have seen people on the lower astral that seem to be empty shells.  For example a person crouched rocking back and forth as if still experiencing tremendous trauma.  Yet when one tries to communicate with such 'beings?' it is as if the mental aspect has left them.  I almost wonder if after a period of time a decision is made to discard the astral and emotional and leave them in the lower astral if no progress can be made.  I think also that great emotional trauma is much harder to overcome then mindset in the astral (generally speaking).  I think prayer for those who have just passed traumatically is important. I guess the discarding of the astral and emotional bodies could be equated to the spirit leaving a physical body that is in a coma?  

5) The word bondage means (to me) that we are held by our belief systems (mental habits), physical bad habits, emotional bad habits, etc.  These things hold us in the cycle of reincarnation.

Deepest Regards,
timeless

Yes, there are alot of unfortunate Souls in the lower Astral, trapped there for whatever reason. However, the Astral body cannot exist without the Mental body, and so these unfortunate Souls still have Spirits within. It might well be that they are in a sort of sem-conscious state for their own protection, and will eventually wake up to the reality of their situation, or might be rescued by people from the higher levels. I do believe that everyone can make progress and certainly no one is discarded. These unfortunates most likely come around when the time is right, whenever that might be, and notwithstanding the fact time does not exist in the Astral.

As for number 5) on the subject of bondage - everyone is definitely held by all of the things you mention and more. The only way to progress beyond reincarnation is to release all of those shackles along with the complete taming of the ego, elemental equilibrium and enoblement of the character - a state of perfection. Of course karma is an issue as well in that it might well be only possible to equilibrate karma in the physical world requiring another life.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
timeless
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 22:04:03 »

Dear All,

What are your thoughts on the following statements.

1)"Planes", "kingdoms", "realms" or whatever they may be called, are not physical locations or places, they are states of consciousness.

2) Life in the astral planes is no more or less highly spiritually evolved than life is on the physical plane.

3) Whatever we draw to ourselves from the unseen kingdom holds us there, the same way things hold us to the physical plane. To communicate with the Angelic Kingdom and The Masters, we must not get hung up on the physical or astral planes.

4)The astral body is held in the astral regions when one is not on The Path. The emotional body is shed with the astral body. If one is on The Path, the astral and emotional bodies will dissolve.

5)Your Soul is held in bondage by the things you believe you were on earth (mental body). If a person has achieved Mastership on earth, they shed all the bodies of the lesser kingdoms and pass into the Angelic Kingdom. Such people are free from the cycles of rebirth.

6)Be careful of ego - It draws the energies of the lower nature. The greatest danger is feeling that you can't go any higher. Keep your mind focused on God and The Path... you try many things along the Path, but do not deviate; do not get distracted and forget where you are going.

If you are wondering what the various planes are see the link below and scroll down a bit.
The higher planes are: the Buddhic, Atmic, Monadic, and Logoic Planes.
http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/The%20seven%20Cosmic%20Planes.html

Regards,
timeless
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: