The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 18, 2017, 22:30:07

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: every man occupies just that position in society which he is qualified to occupy  (Read 591 times)
baro-san
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2017, 18:22:02 »

From Edward C. Randall's 1917 book "The Dead Have Never Died":

... every man occupies just that position in society which he is qualified to occupy . That must be so, or the law of cause and effect would be a failure

I found this quote thought provoking ... If we karmically pay for whatever we think, desire, do, it means that sometimes we have to have unhappy, difficult lives.

Then, trying to better someone else's life, to even out people's conditions and opportunities ... Can it be accomplished? Is it a desirable endeavour? Do we try to interfere in something we don't understand, and in a way that is counterproductive to both the helper and the helpee?

How does "love everybody" figure into this? Just love them, but let them carry their burdens?

---
“Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider.”
- Sir Francis Bacon
LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 21:39:50 »

How does "love everybody" figure into this? Just love them, but let them carry their burdens?

Love will not reach them if they are not ready or to accept it. If they are ready to accept it, that means their lesson is complete and they no longer need to carry that burden. However, love will always affect the sender whether it reaches its destination or no, in a way that we still do not understand.

The bigger picture of consciousness interaction and the law of attraction is far more complex than this simple theory you presented.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 21:39:50 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

baro-san
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:47:35 »

I'm interested more in opinions about the quote from Randall's book and its practical implications.

---
“Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider.”
- Sir Francis Bacon
Astral Potato
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:49:15 »

Since this is a very limited quote, I will go from my perspective on the subject. If you do not teach a person engineering, he will never be a qualified engineer.

If you are the interference which will help them complete their lesson and end their burden, wouldn't refusing to do so be a negative impact on your own karma?
funfire
Astral Energy 2

We need 28 hours in a day so I can sleep longer.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:50:19 »

I'm more into thinking of the law of attraction, or at least how I view the law of attraction. If you think karma effects you depending on how you act, then it will act as such because you believe it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:54:43 by funfire » Logged
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:50:19 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: