The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2019, 08:02:55

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: overcoming a obsession loop  (Read 345 times)
Karxx Gxx
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2018, 22:21:52 »

hello ladies and gents. Just was watching some gangaji and very much enjoy her messages. She touched upon a topic that dealt with an obsession. A spiritual one at that
'how to i ___'  Let's say thats the obsession. Figuring out the how
I think his was how to stop (be still) or to keep doing that as much as possible because that is the best way
when this TRAIN of thoughts link up, it easily leads to "im wasting my time doing anything else for the most part"  or at least some type of aggitation. Word it however.

So one moment you think 'jesus, i need to be still'
but AS SOON as you see this, you now 'try to be still'. All you need to do is stop. When you are stopped, there is no 'i need to do this or that'.
Further explaining the significance.
That thing that is trying to search for the answer doesnt exist, as that is not you per say.
You are the stillness/awareness/stopped thing what have you. The thing that always is there.

So once you have a bad habit, and want to stop, it SHOULD be easy to overcome the whole mind going 'bad bad bad, you arnt stopped'  because you are always stopped.
so it's ok to investigate that, but always knowing where you are makes things a step easier. Ill give an example of my brain when this informatoin came upon me

lets say you have a different obsession. cigarettes. and you REALLY want to quit. So each time you smoke, you are ticked let's say. The goal is to accept it however you will.
once you do that, you arnt being so harsh on yourself and FORCING yourself to do anything as much. Or not judging yourself for 'failing'.

Simalar to the 'worrying about worrying' concept i suppose. And just simply worry instead  wink

Baby steps are ok. smoking forever is ok. It is something that disagree's with it isnt 'ok' with something

'ok, so you dont HAVE to be still.'  Sweet. i really feel like typing. I know that isnt me.  
Now im figuring out it is ok to act out upon a feeling that isnt me, you know? You can also say somehow it was allowed into your awareness as well.   Im not sure if awareness itself can choose, or filter, but im sure it has some special property. Such as being.   Which can lead into the being in the NOW which is a very wanted state of being to be in.

Hope that made sense. chow

edit: the video i watched with gangaji. If you are interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2mcDIuIRU
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 22:25:51 by Karxx Gxx » Logged

Loading . . .
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: